Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

They WON'T sack Robinson

Comments

• Options

Blackpool72 does not like stability, I do.

However, I genuinely think that the scouser will be outed if we lose our next two games. History shows that Duchatelet sacks a manager on a bad run.

Difference these days is I am not sure he could easily find a replacement without going to one of his stooges.
    Congo Chris. Definitely if Robinson gets the sack.
    I would think that's been the plan all along.
    We will sagely pat each other on the back in a fuzz of self congratulation "Knew it..." etc When C'o'C is appointed interim/caretaker/whatever for the rest of the season. But are we really saying Roly has punted all KR's contract & wages on appeasing us cos KR was a more palatable appointment for us than the anointed network C'o'C? Roly doesn't give a fuck what we think and roly likes to make money. Yes he's crackers but he's not that cracked, surely? I don't imagine we'll get to find out how un/successful the fat scouse gobshite could have been in SE7 cos most likely roly's itchy trigger finger will twitch soon enough. A combination of 2 more miserable results and this weekend's belgian escapade will rattle the old fool's cage and KR will be paid the price(!). All the while roly's gnarled digit is the one closest to the trigger Charlton will continue to be mis-managed in this way. Eventually something critical will change or a financial boundary will be crossed and the curtain will fall on roly's toxic pantomime. I only hope Charlton are still allowed to play professional football when that curtain falls.
    Happy Pancake Day y'all
    paragraph
    ˈparəɡrɑːf/
    noun
    a distinct section of a piece of writing, usually dealing with a single theme and indicated by a new line, indentation, or numbering.
    "the concluding paragraph"
    synonyms: section, subdivision, part, subsection, division, portion, segment, bit, passage, clause More
    verb
    arrange (a piece of writing) in paragraphs.
    "his style deploys a lack of conventional paragraphing"
  • Options
    Stability.

Clubs need stability. That means NOT changing the manager less then every 8 months.

The problem is, we are not always employing the right man in the 1st place...

The other problem is that "the right man" is not just about someone can improve the team set them up well and get results.

It's someone that will graciously accept the non ambitious side of the football club.

Someone that doesn't mind the internal chaos and incompetence.

Which mostly probably means someone that's young or unsuccessful elsewhere.

I think the OP Is correct in saying that KR will be the actual one that does end up staying.

As long as we don't get relegated.

I think it's important the fans don't call for his head.

Can only imagine the Meire PR spin

"The fans have once again made their feelings on the manager clear, that they want him to leave and they protest he is not good enough. We have decided to give him the time he needs and feel he deserves to take the club forward. Football clubs need long term stability".
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    There is no right man, unless KM & RD change their ways.

However Robinson isn't doing himself any favors by trying to play a formation that doesn't fit the players he has. If he's stuck with this squad through the end of the season, he needs to adapt and put them in roles they can succeed in. At the moment he's just setting them, and himself, up to fail.
  • Options
    I just don't think he knows what to do. He has had success in the past but it is beginning to look like it was more luck that judgement.

I don't, especially, want him here but I appreciate that changing all the time is not the answer but, Like Karel, he looks like he has no plan and we are just getting worse and worse.

If he isn't up to it, which looks the situation now, then no amount of stability will improve things.

Remove the games after Slade was sacked and Robinson's came in and we would be in the relegation zone - somewhere that we may we'll finish up anyway.

Serious question, if we go down does Robinson keep his job then?
  • Options
    KR is absolutely f***ing clueless - we can't exactly make things much worse.

Four losses in five - supposedly easy fixtures.

If we stick with him we go down.
  • Options
    Roland apologist has to go can't stand hearing another word of post match verbal bullshit
  • Options
    Didn't think he could manage three points in seven games this month but he has. They might just do it.

Either way, still don't think whoever they have in the dugout will make much difference between now and the end of the season.

The squad needs someone to galvanise them and the bullsh*t artist clearly isn't that bloke.

Jackson is about the only appointment that I can see having any short term success. But I don't want him anywhere near the job.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Increasing looks like a bullshit merchant who has been found out. It would explain the willingness to praise the owners and the cockiness that he exudes. But on the pitch, where it matters, he looks like a novice.

Another loss and he could well go. Even Roland must realise that keeping Robinson is starting to risk relegation with the financial hammering that would result.
  • Options
    The problem isn't really Robinson (although i'm not his biggest fan).

If as I suspect a lot of the players are simply mercenaries and even those who aren't know it's unlikely any manger will last long they simply have no respect for them. There will be the odd exception, Jacko, Crofts and a few others but largely thats what I think Robinson refers to when he talks about changing the culture.

I just just imagine Watt ignoring Robinson as he knows Robinson probably won't be here long......
  • Options
    Last season Robinson described Charlton as a basket case of a club so he doesn't get everything wrong.
  • Options
    Not looking good for him now.

Problem he's got is that Roland knows absolutely nothing about him.As a person or a manager

Where as an owner that actually gives a F*** might have hired a manager on a gut instinct or saw something they liked about them at their previous club, Roland has had very little input or interest about who's the boss.
    Robinson was purely a manager that was available and as far as Roland was concerned some of his numbers stacked up.

And as we know,it's all about numbers with Roland and big Karl's really aren't adding up at the moment.
  • Options
    Remarkable post match interview. Brutally honest or the last hurrah?

"Too many people have got away with too many things for too long. Too many people don't deserve the shirt..." [What can you do about it at this stage] "Nothing ... I only wish I could be honest and tell you how deep some of the problems are. It can't be six or seven managers. It can't be the lack of funds. At some point the players have to stand up and be counted. This only confirms what I knew. For too long too many people have ducked bullets and it's been the managers who have got it in the neck. We (the managers) have to take blame but we don't go out on the pitch."

Alluding to serious problems with the players. When asked if they now had to stand up, he replied that "some of them haven't got the bottle or the balls to ... some things happened before the game I have never seen ... "
  • Options

"some things happened before the game I have never seen ... "

I would love to know what that little gem refers to.............

• Options

"some things happened before the game I have never seen ... "

I would love to know what that little gem refers to.............

Sue Perks made off with the Half Time Oranges after the Shrewsbury Boardroom refused to serve her any more free grub?
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    About 3 managers ago (Riga's second run probably was the death knell) I believed that we could still getting better out of certain managers under this ownership even with their flaws but now it just seems a pointless exercise. Going from a manager who will supposedly stand up to ownership, one who they know from before how to work with this set up, a more defensive lower league type to one who will supposedly work great with our younger players. It doesn't matter we are fucking poison at the moment who ever is in charge.

If Robinson continues to completely slags off his own players in the press in his desperate hunt for popularity he may make himself untenable but ultimately it really doesn't matter too much, we will always be flawed under this ownership.

I don't hate him as much as most of the board seems to but maybe it's because I've become more disconnected and not going to games anymore (couldn't really avoid the bbc score push notifications today though).

As awful as this is to say, anything on the pitch just seems a distraction from the real problem. I couldn't believe people were getting excited about a playoff push a couple of months ago after the slight upturn in form.
  • Options
    They will sack him. On Monday is my guess.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

at least the football under Robinson is more exciting

**cough emperors new clothes cough**

A league one relegation battle is so much more exciting than boring midtable premiership football....
  • Options
    He'll be gone and Jacko as manager and Congo Chris as assistant till end of season. Can't see them making CC manager fans wouldn't have it. Jacko might go for it seeing as though his career looks like being over.
  • Options

Roland apologist has to go can't stand hearing another word of post match verbal bullshit

Any manager working for Roly will be an apologist.
  • Options

Rumour I heard after Peterborough was that KR believed that some senior players were using discontent between the fans and owner as an excuse to get away with below par performances and that they'd been allowed to get away with it for too long.

What counts as a 'senior' player at Charlton these days? As Airman Brown pointed out in another thread only two of the first 11 last night played for us last year.

There's barely any continuity in our squad, and management/coaching staff these days - which is part of the problem.
  • Options

Any manager working for Roly will be an apologist.
    Anyone telling Duchatelet that he is wrong or misguided in any substantive way will be removed, including Charlton supporters.
  • Options
    I'm never one for owners giving players a blast in the dressing room behind close doors....

But think I'd make an exception for Roland.
  • Options

Rumour I heard after Peterborough was that KR believed that some senior players were using discontent between the fans and owner as an excuse to get away with below par performances and that they'd been allowed to get away with it for too long.

What counts as a 'senior' player at Charlton these days? As Airman Brown pointed out in another thread only two of the first 11 last night played for us last year.

There's barely any continuity in our squad, and management/coaching staff these days - which is part of the problem.
    Senior in this context is players that have been in and around first team squads (whether here or elsewhere) to know better.

As for your second point, I don't expect that to get any better. I'm hearing KR has lost the dressing room and if he's given the summer to rebuild there will be a huge turn over of players.