Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Not sure Robinson has any idea what is wrong so he tinkers and tinkers, or he does but is powerless to stop it.
  • Options
    As already said. Robinson is pretty crap. But who the hell would come to manage Charlton now they are in a scrap for relegation to LEAGUE TWO!!!

FFS we'd be lucky to get a network manager to take on the role at the moment.

There really does seem to be no answer other than Roland selling and a complete overhaul of the Club from top to bottom.

Please don't let Robinson get sacked and throw Jackson into the fray. He'd be going from hero to zero in about 4 games.

Help us OB1 you're our only hope.
  • Options
    We are in big.. big trouble.
  • Options
    What's happened to all our other CBs incidentally?

Will Pearce be back before the end of the season?
    What's happened to Lennon and Johnson. Frankly Johnson would be an improvement over our current defence
  • Options

Thank you Roland and Katrien for destroying my club. League One and the regime stay - no thank you. League Two and the regime go - yes please.

We said this when it was a choice between championship and stay and league one and go. How low do we want our club to go? League One must make us an unattractive purchase, let alone League Two.

I can't see him going for a while sadly. All he has done it fail and he seems fine with it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Scoham said:
    That's really not good...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We had a excellent left back however Slade thought he was not good enough and shipped him off to Huddersfield. How Muldoon was never given a change by this bloke I will never know. He will come back to the valley with Gillingham and show us what a good player he is.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Total bollocks based on that performance tonight. That defeat is down to him alone! That was not for lack of effort from any of them.

Prat!
  • Options
    edited February 2017
    Scoham said:
    Was working out during the match, but did get to listen, then been in meetings since so haven't seen/heard the full interview and there may be context I'm missing.

If he's said that, that is poor. We've scored three goals tonight and been let down once again by our defending, being caught out on the counter yet again. That is down to coaching, plane and simple.

So let's take a look at who might be "unfit to wear the shirt":
    GK: Rudd--sounded like he was very good again tonight, probably the best GK in the league
    RB: Byrne--didn't sound great tonight, there's quality there but it's clear he struggles defensively at RB, not "unfit to wear the shirt" bad though
    CB: Konsa--one of the few players to come out with any credit all year
    CB: Tex--been inconsistent this year but has played in the Champions League and has quality, at times sounds like he tries to make up for the mistakes of his midfield and fullbacks and gets caught out
    LB: Jackson--not a left back.
    RM: Holmes--hat trick
    CM: Aribo--perhaps a bit too much too soon, entering his third month in the senior team
    CM: Crofts--can't play in a midfield two but a decent player
    LM: Botaka--inconsistent.
    ST: Novak--seemed tidy today. I'm still not convinced by him, not convinced he does enough in front of goal or that he's fit but again, not "not fit to wear the shirt" bad
    ST: Magennis--something's not right, perhaps it's lingering injury, perhaps it's falling out with the manager. If Mag, someone who seems to be the nicest, most humble man around has fallen out with the manager, then that's a damning indictment. Still very much fit to wear the shirt.

KAG: Got an assist.
    Watt: Back to being the Tony Watt he's been for all but 3-4 months of his time with the club. Not really his fault tonight
    DaSilva: Not his fault.

So I would love to know who is "not fit to wear the shirt."

I'm gonna go watch Donald Trump's joint session speech to cool myself down.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    I remember watching a BBC interview with KR post MK, in which he said that, in the end, the players weren't playing for him... six months on and history repeats itself. If they weren't playing for him at MK, why sign JFC and try to go after several more?

And why, after the exhaustive interview with Robinson in Paris, did Roland decide to employ a manager fixated with 4-2-3-1 when we didn't have the players to play that system? Sounds like nobody at the cloob did their homework properly before they appointed him.

Ironic if Ajose's goals turn Swindon's fortunes around and they overtake us: fitting too if Slade's relegated Coventry take three points off us and seal our fate in L2.

Never mind the players, Gobshite isn't fit to wear the badge either - and, as for Meire, well, you couldn't make it up coulv you?
  • Options
    Blinkant said:

Well we're on our way back and I think that might be me done with Charlton all together. Haven't been to the valley for over 3 years but went to most away games. I really can't take this crap anymore.

Wife is due to give birth to a little lad in the next few weeks and always wanted to bring him up as a Charlton fan. Dress him up in everything Charlton and take him along to the games every week. It was going to be our Father son thing to do.

The way it's going there won't be a Charlton to support in a few years and definitely not one like the one i grew up supporting. I might feel better in the morning. Maybe it's the drink.

Good luck to you and your missus. Sounds like you need to take some time out from CAFC (don't we all).
    Hopefully, by the time that your lad is old enough to be taken to football we'll be rid of the demented Belgian twat.