Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    colthe3rd said:

Well look on the bright side, Holmes will fund £500k of Rolands wallet for league 2.

Fixed it for you.
  • Options
    @SDAddick

Noted your spirited defence of him early in the match thread, and thought you made some good points. So your analysis of who is really "not fit to wear the shirt" is all the more damning.
  • Options
    He has been busy throwing them under the bus - interesting that he was suggesting it's nothing to do with the change of managers and the ownership (which, to me, help determine the players we have).
  • Options
    I wonder what was said after the audio cut out.

If he ever had it, he'll have lost the dressing room now.
  • Options

Says it all..

Why are we panicking when we have a game in hand?
    Chill out everybody (runs for cover).
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm just glad that 'I know what the problem is' Karl Robinson is in charge. Imagine we had someone who didn't know what it is? Is the league still waiting for Charlton to go on a run I wonder?

That latest interview is about as bad an interview I have heard from a Charlton manager. The players may deserve it but everyone knows that with the power they hold nowadays if you come out to the press and chuck them under a bus you are a dead man walking...even more so when he then effectively names Tex by talking about ex Champions League players. He then states there is nothing, nothing, nothing he can do about it to turn it around. Jeez.

I read on a self proclaimed 'pro Charlton board' earlier in their pre match thread that they would be delighted with a point against an inform Shrewsbury team. Jesus wept, how we have fallen!
  • Options
    Robinson can do one. He is to blame, whether he likes it or not.
  • Options

I listened to the game on the radio. Amazing how a man that conceded 4 goals was our second best player after hat-trick Holmes. That's no disrespect to Rudd as it sounded as if he was playing without a defence.

Robinson HAS to go - but he won't as he's eaten Katrien Meire who is still able to talk from inside KR.

Team vs NTFC should be;
    Rudd,
    Barnes, Bauer, Konsa, Lapslie
    Holmes, Dijksteel, Jackson, Aribo,
    KAG and Kennedy (recall him)

The regular, gutless, shabolic pros can fuck right off. At least the above team will give 100% without even having to ask them. If they lose, who cares as it's surely not about what happens on the pitch now. We NEED to get the Belgians out. They are destroying everything.

Oh dear, the first post suggesting we should just put out a team of kids cos they supposedly care more. Another sure sign that relegation is just around the corner.
    The way we are going, relegation is around the corner with out current crock of shit. No win in 7. Includes losses to Shrewsbury and Bury as well as dropped points to Fleetwood, Rochdale and Wimbledon. We are 6 points off of relegation and three of the teams below us have games in hand! We are shockingly bad.
  • Options
    Some players not fit to wear the shirt. The gobshite Karl abuse is very poor taste imo, should take some blame but the owner + players should take much more stick
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Scoham said:
    Nobody at the cloob has done their homework for the past 3 years. That would be far too sensible.

It's been more a case of make do & mend whenever possible and feck the consequences ...

....because despite all their whining pleas for their customers to excuse the mistakes they've made & give them another chance, THIS is the last chance saloon. And they couldn't give a damn.

We are indeed a total laughing stock.

And we're rapidly losing the stalwarts that state they'll support the team through thick & thin. Desperate times indeed for everyone except the regime (spit!)

I honestly don't know what to do for the best now....do I continue to buy tickets for every match that I'm able to attend or do I make the huge decision ( for me) to walk away like so many others until they sling their hook ?

There'll be a lot of discussion to, from and in Belgium this coming weekend & hopefully, by the time we make our way to The Valley on Tuesday evening ( I already have a ticket) I'll have my head sorted. But I am fearful of yet another desperately disappointing match to endure - I can't see any way back from the abyss we're falling into at speed.

CARD, B20 & WAR are singing from the same hymn sheet but we need to swell our ranks and make Saturday's Unity Protest the beginning of the end for these criminals that have truly committed the biggest crime possible in the football world.

The cold blooded , premeditated murder of a football club.
    I read your posts about the Junior Reds & the matchday mascots a few months ago and, although you might say that those things are peripheral to the actual football on the pitch, I thought yours and others' feelings pretty much summed up the overall sad state of the cloob and the extent to which KM has systematically dismantled everything the true supporters believed in and cared about. Paradoxically, I happened on the crass youtube video of Katie showing off the fan's sofa the other day, which highlights just how inept her approach has been. So, in that sense, to answer your question, I think it's great that you and many others are making the trip to Belgium to fight for something you truly believe in... that is much more of an 'investment' in the future of the club than giving £5/10/20 to Roland for a matchday ticket could ever be (although ultimately, obviously, it's individual choice as to whether anyone gives Roland their $ or not).

Good luck in Belgium
  • Options
    KR sounds unstable and like someone Roland can no longer trust to speak in public.

I think he only talked for so long in that interview so the coach would go without him and he could get a cab straight back to Liverpool.
  • Options
    I'm a returning supporter this year after many many years away,yes I know how it must sound,but the tickets were cheap and I thought it a good father/son bonding thing. I was there around the Selhurst era,when crowds were pitiful ,and Charlton didn't have a ground ,but they had spirit and a "us against the world" mentality.But now it's all so dark, a feeling of hopelessness surrounds the club,the thought of an away day match at Hayes Lane doesn't seem ridiculous ATM.Very sad.
  • Options
    Just home.

Can't defend, no plan, just seemed to roll over at the end.
  • Options
    Was that really the best team he could pick? I looked at it at 3am (woke up, couldn't get back to sleep, nothing to do with the excitement of Shrewsbury v Charlton) and that was my thought. It was 0-1 at the time and I'd resigned myself to a defeat or a 1-1 at absolute best.

Where is Chicksen? One poor game and he doesn't even make the bench thereafter. KR is obviously unable to get anything out of Watt (no surprise there). JJ at LB would only work with a defensive minded left midfielder and Botaka doesn't fit that bill.

3 points during that all-important February. I'm glad it only has 28 days.