Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options

we will stay up but only by other teams shortcomings.

Don't be so sure about that.

The team is fractured and the manager inept. And the teams below us are at least playing with a desire to get out of the bottom 4.

And don't forget after Saturday, 3 of the next 4 games are against Bradford, Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd.
    This is where we will pick up points - we always seem to do better against the better teams & lose against the lesser ones. We won away at Bolton don't forget & I reckon we will do similar at Sheff U.
    Win at Sheff Utd? The phrase "Sir, I admire your indefatigability" comes very much to mind!
  • Options

we will stay up but only by other teams shortcomings.

Don't be so sure about that.

The team is fractured and the manager inept. And the teams below us are at least playing with a desire to get out of the bottom 4.

And don't forget after Saturday, 3 of the next 4 games are against Bradford, Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd.
    This is where we will pick up points - we always seem to do better against the better teams & lose against the lesser ones. We won away at Bolton don't forget & I reckon we will do similar at Sheff U.
    Win at Sheff Utd? The phrase "Sir, I admire your indefatigability" comes very much to mind!
    Probably didn;t see the home game against Sheff U. We were battered. At home. And got a point because they had Leon Clark up front.
  • Options
    Hard to know how far Robinson is the problem, partly because he says ten implausible things before breakfast each day, but if he keeps losing he will have to go IMO. More at www.votvonline.com
  • Options
    Simple obvious fact, if we lose all the remaining matches
    (which sadly we seem capable of) then we will go down.
  • Options
    That post Shrewsbury interview sky are showing is strange, it's either a man under a lot of pressure or very foolhardy rant, clearly players will be moving on but I can't see how that helps.
  • Options

Got to say although defending very poor Rudd needs to look at himself for first and second.

Rudd had no chance.
  • Options

Simple obvious fact, if we lose all the remaining matches
    (which sadly we seem capable of) then we will go down.

Go to the top of the class. I'm surprised no one else thought of that :wink:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Saturday a 6 point relegation "must win" thriller.

Yawn.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Too depressing to read back thru most of these pages. We were fine going forward, again not making the most of our forays in to their box. Holmes hat-trick had class written all over it although I am sure the wind paid a part in the first two. The worrying fact that we conceded 4 virtually identical goals tho is just unacceptable. Each goal they broke away from well within their half, running almost unchallenged until getting within shooting range and letting the shot go. Can't fault Rudd as I am sure the wind assisted. That's 3 consecutive games ive been to that we should have won but failed to score from our various opportunities.

KR might have a point in some of the players not being worthy of the shirt but you can't remove him from blame as he didn't learn on the night from their 4 goals. Tidy little ground and a good turnout turnout. Thankfully not many more aways for me to go for the season.
  • Options
    I have no idea what we can do to turn this around.

Worryingly

neither does Karl !
  • Options

Just watched the goals and they're bloody awful...

i.e. the fourth the bloke has a shot and then runs through three players to ensure he gets the rebound!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-charlton/359078

Pretty special that little lot. I can see where all the hard graft on the training pitch has gone on..
  • Options

PWR on the coach home, it's become so depressing and the football so disjointed of late I'm struggling to even be able to judge player marks out of 10 because players usually have so much time and space on the ball when they attack us and our attacks constantly break down. Not just tonight though.

The tight defence we had has gone and Holmes hattrick aside we offered very little attacking threat - again.

Never have I longed to hear Curbs tell us we're going back to basics in training and then grind out a 1-0 win next game.

I will confess I couldn't take much more of the boredom of Curbs last 2 or 3 seasons, bright starts to a season with a faltering end, I think at one stage we managed to draw three 0-0 games consecutively at home in the Prem years being bored witless. What I wouldn't give to have that stability back on and off the pitch. Never have I missed Curbs so much as I do right now.

This PWR lark is really catching. WE DON'T BLOODY CARE!!
  • Options

I listened to the game on the radio. Amazing how a man that conceded 4 goals was our second best player after hat-trick Holmes. That's no disrespect to Rudd as it sounded as if he was playing without a defence.

Robinson HAS to go - but he won't as he's eaten Katrien Meire who is still able to talk from inside KR.

Team vs NTFC should be;
    Rudd,
    Barnes, Bauer, Konsa, Lapslie
    Holmes, Dijksteel, Jackson, Aribo,
    KAG and Kennedy (recall him)

The regular, gutless, shabolic pros can fuck right off. At least the above team will give 100% without even having to ask them. If they lose, who cares as it's surely not about what happens on the pitch now. We NEED to get the Belgians out. They are destroying everything.

Certain relegation with that team...

--------------Rudd
    ------Konsa -- Tex -- Bauer
    Byrne---------------------Chicksen
    -------Aribo---------JFC
    -------------Holmes
    ------------Magennis

I think is our strongest 11, but like fuck has he got the tactical nous to even think of that
  • Options
    It could have finished 10-10. Both defences were brittle.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We need more coaches
  • Options

We need more coaches

So more of us can protest in Belgium!

• Options

PWR on the coach home, it's become so depressing and the

Have no idea what PWR is.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Pressurised Water Reactor
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

P*sspoor W*nk Regime :wink:
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

At the risk of a woosh, it's Posted Without Reading, it believe.

• Options

JamesSeed said:

At the risk of a woosh, it's Posted Without Reading, it believe.

Close Arthur........Posting, good effort though :wink: .