Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    I'm struggling to find the sanity in playing 442, when the back four has never played together, we let in goals when we dominate possession, and the front six has one defensive minded player with a youngster in cm who'll lose position at times?

We've been crap. Everything came through the middle. Leave two cm's as sitters and one to break/support attack. Leaving one defender back in a one goal game is bad enough for immediate employment as an England coach. There's only one person not aware enough to be in a Charlton kit Karl. He needs to do a Brendan and go and manage in a uncompetitive league. Cyprus?
  • Options
    For me the players are getting away with far, far too much.

I know Robinson isn't everyone's cup of tea but he isn't all to blame.

I fully agree with his point about Powell and what he had to do.

Some of these players are a joke, I'm not Robinson's biggest fan but no way should he be sacked. The same people who call for him to get sacked will be the same ones where if he was to get the chop they would say " What a joke we chop and change to quickly".

Some of those players should be ashamed of themselves.
  • Options
    Was there last night... It was shambolic. Jackson was abysmal. Holmes only plsyer to come out of that with any credit. Novak missed a hat trick of sitters. One of their goals came 5 seconds after we had a corner, javkson blame for 2 of them. Robindon clueless.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    GRAY9 said:

The only consolation is they couldn't have timed this bad run any better with the protests in Belgium at the weekend. The protests will have gathered more momentum with each shocking performance recently.

I have noticed a difference in KR since transfer deadline day - he seems a bit defeated since then which will also probably have something to do with only getting 3 points out of a possible 21 but I can't help thinking he was promised more from the board in January than we actually got.

It isn't a consolation as we would all much rather have won these games and be challenging for promotion rather than avoiding relegation. When this clown of an owner goes, we have to rebuild from where he has left us. The slower we drop the better! It doesn't and wouldn't change the point we are making and the reason we are there It is merely showing us an accelerated view of the future and we have seen the past. We have lost close games in suicdal way. We sold a player for millions and a couple of decent signings would have probably changed things drastically. The people who run the club are clueless.

You would imagine, as we have been stung before, that you set yourself deadlines to bring players in. If you miss them you move to plan B. You need the discipline to do this. Crying about how this club let you down etc.. is pointless and stupid. Sue them! Or maybe, just learn from what has gone wrong before! Oh - we don't do that - and that is more a strategic issue than a managerial one I would say. We are weak at the top. Very weak!
  • Options

All of us bemoaning the plethora of 1-1 draws, I guess we'd have settled for that over the last three games.

I think you'll find the consolidationists among us were desperate for draws at Oldham and Rochdale and are now seriously worried that we won't beat the club record of 20 in a season
  • Options
    When you at the teams we've played recently, I think this twat Robinson is presiding over the worst set of results we've ever had. Three points from our last seven games is atrocious. The gobby dickhead is clueless and needs to exit the premises now.
  • Options
    I have no idea where we go from here. Konsa ideally should be taken out the team for his long term career. However. injuries make this too difficult.

We are in a relegation battle and I don't think anyone bar 3/4 of them have the bottle for this upcoming battle.
  • Options

Got to say although defending very poor Rudd needs to look at himself for first and second.

Especially the first. Everyone stopped thinking it was handball. Without Rudd though they get 6 or 7.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I think Northampton will be a repeat of Dagneham away under Chris Powell.

We must stop giving away cheap early goals. This is one of the basics in football.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Right so we are currently 6 points above the drop zone. Below are the sides that if are run continues have a realistic chance (however slim) of overtaking us.

Team Points below us Opponent Saturday
    Shrewsbury 1 Coventry at home
    Northampton 2 Us at home
    Bury 2 Gills at home
    Gills 3 Bury away
    Oldham 3 Wallsall away
    Swindon 6 Chesterfield at home
    Port Vale 8 Southend away

Saturday is a pivotal game for us, we have to get a positive result or else I fear for us.If we lose we could potentially drop down a few places and then the pressure really hits home, luckily we currently have a far superior goal difference to a lot of our relegation oponents.

• Options
    IF we could just keep a clean sheet on Saturday at the very least we'd be guaranteed a point and keep Northampton below us but sadly that seems a pretty big ask at the moment
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    cfgs said:

Right so we are currently 6 points above the drop zone. Below are the sides that if are run continues have a realistic chance (however slim) of overtaking us.

Northampton 2 Us at home
    Bury 2 Gills at home
    Gills 3 Bury away
    Oldham 3 Wallsall away

Saturday is a pivotal game for us, we have to get a positive result or else I fear for us.If we lose we could potentially drop down a few places and then the pressure really hits home, luckily we currently have a far superior goal difference to a lot of our relegation oponents.

Yes mate but if we keep shipping goals like we are and Ricky doesn't keep scoring hat tricks that goal difference will deteriorate at a fast rate of knots.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    RedChaser said:

cfgs said:

Northampton 2 Us at home
    Bury 2 Gills at home
    Gills 3 Bury away
    Oldham 3 Wallsall away

Yes mate but if we keep shipping gioals like we are and Ricky doesn't keep scoring hat tricks that goal difference deteriorate at a fast rate of knots.
    This morning, and borrowing from the master @oohaahmortimer, I would say 50% survival by skin of our teeth and 50% we are going on a League 2 tour.
  • Options
    RedChaser said:

At the match,

Too painful to go through all their goals, shambolic defending with two make do full backs and two CBs who looked like they'd never played together.

Defending so we are told, starts at the front however it's a shame we didn't hold the ball up a bit more then, Magennis is nowhere near the player after his injury. Novak well, is Novak but he did assist Ricky for the first of his hat trick which he smashed into the right hand postage stamp to draw us level at 1-1. Ricky then gave us the lead 2-1 just before half time despatching a free kick this time into the left hand postage stamp.

Not sure, apart from Crofts doing his best, what midfield were doing to provide the back four with any sort of cover, it was like a knife through butter all game. Magennis lost the ball just outside their box they broke and 2-2.

Their third goal was total schoolboy stuff as they scored from our corner on the break 3 against our 1 player, I can't say defender because it was Byrne 3-2. One player ffs, I was always taught a minimum of two stay back.

Ricky hadn't finished however as he decided to stake a claim for the match ball, converting a KAG cut back for 3-3. Yes, me thinks, my unbeaten run on the road continues but no, JJ, KAG, Crofts and Tex who at least tried to up the fella who had run half the length of the pitch then across our 18 yard box to set up their winner, put the kybosh on that.

Ricky Holmes didn't deserve to be on the losing side but with little resistance behind him the outcome was inevitable.

Slade was boring and negative Robinson is far too expansive and needs to go back to basics by getting the team to defend properly as a unit. Too many out there tonight were happy to perform on the ball but were either not prepared to dig in and do the ugly stuff or just incapable of it.

Six goals from the last two away games and only one point to show for it is just diabolical.

superb and absolutely accurate view of the game
  • Options
    after being at the valley on saturday i didnt think things could any worse but after watching the highlights twice just to make sure i didnt miss anything our defending was an absolute joke and for the 1st time i feel we realy could go down
    robinson has now tried every line up and formation possible and has failed all that is left for the next game is maybee pick numbers out the hat
    he realy is a waffling baffoon
  • Options
    we will stay up but only by other teams shortcomings.
  • Options
    From the highlights it looks like Rudd should have done better with the first two and as for the fourth the defending is on a par with the comedy goal from Saturday. It doesn't look good ...
  • Options
    karl claims 40% dont want to be here, thats some unproductive work force for roland, apart from jackson and solly who else is here from powells days?, there all rolands players. the man is a twat of the highest order and i personally would love to give him a good kicking.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    jj has summed it up
  • Options
    there is no leader in that back 4
    there lies the problem thats why its a shambles
  • Options
    The affinity i feel towards this latest batch of players bar jj,solly et al is probably the most distant ever,i thought that was last year but this lot have out done the class of 2015/16
  • Options

Don't be so sure about that.

The team is fractured and the manager inept. And the teams below us are at least playing with a desire to get out of the bottom 4.

And don't forget after Saturday, 3 of the next 4 games are against Bradford, Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd.
  • Options
    I am hearing all of your angst, but is it just hot air or are you finally going to understand what action is required ? More importantly are you brave enough to do what has to be done ?
    This owner and his completely useless puppet are killing our Club. Nothing short of a total boycott can rid us of them, if you cannot understand that now, we are dead in the water. Stop continually moaning, action now can eventually fill the Ground again, failing to act will allow Roland to make his financial killing. How much do you genuinely love our Club ?
  • Options
    I presume the laundry van is going to Northampton.
  • Options
    just watched the highlights. ridiculously poor defending. the last one is insane!
  • Options

Don't be so sure about that.

The team is fractured and the manager inept. And the teams below us are at least playing with a desire to get out of the bottom 4.

And don't forget after Saturday, 3 of the next 4 games are against Bradford, Scunthorpe and Sheff Utd.
    This is where we will pick up points - we always seem to do better against the better teams & lose against the lesser ones. We won away at Bolton don't forget & I reckon we will do similar at Sheff U.
  • Options
    mogodon said:

JamesSeed said:

In 1925/6 we finished 65th in the league (21st in Division Three South), and we are currently in 59th place (15th in League One).
    If we drop six paces we'll equal that record low, and we'll be relegated.
    Happy days.

As Katrien Meire's grandmother would have said: "We have the sixth highest budget in Division Three (South) and the squad to push for promotion etc ..."
    Of course if we are relegated we'd be setting a record low even if we win Div 2.
    If we finish first: 69th
    If we finish last: 92nd

You see, they should never have sacked Jimmy Seed!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    Karl is dodging both bullets and salads