Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Shrewsbury v Charlton - Post Match Views

Comments

• Options
    Ranting like he has never ends well, he is now a dead man walking.

We all knew Watt was a bad apple (assuming he means him) but most of the team last night were his players.

I think JJ's interview with Louis will be interesting reading this morning
  • Options

Says it all..

Why are we panicking when we have a game in hand?
    Chill out everybody (runs for cover).
    Don't panic , if port vale win their two games in hand we're only 3 points from relegation
  • Options
    All of us bemoaning the plethora of 1-1 draws, I guess we'd have settled for that over the last three games.
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    He's one of the bullet dodgers
  • Options
    jams said:

Apropos of nothing, what's Charlton's lowest ever league finish? Asking for a friend

Glad I don't have friends like that!
  • Options
    Scoham said:
    TO say nothing of a manager that is neither fit or fit to wear the tracksuit. KR remove yourself from RD's bottom and leave now.
  • Options
    I have learned one thing from the last four days plus Robinson's post-match interview. As a Charlton supporter, never assume the club has hit rock bottom. It can always get worse, and under RD/Meire it usually does.
  • Options
    Shrews' fans sang last night
    Premiership and you fook it up
    Championship and you fook it up

Was waiting for league one and you fook it up.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is clearly making a move for his early payout. Given RD and KM the perfect excuse to bin him and to make Congo Chris the manager.
    Believe that Robinson took the job knowing that he would get sacked after a number of months, as it's easy money and nobody in the football world would point the finger at him, as it's known to be an impossible job.
    That interview is embarrassing. Never heard a manager so full of shit.
  • Options
    He is young but Konsa was awful. He was caught out so often. He now looks nervous and does not want the ball near him.
    Every goal a breakaway by them. Defence was hopeless.. we are one down with very little time left and Watt smashes the ball high into the stand. Yes he was annoyed but we needed playing time, temper greater than professionalism.
    Poor Jack tries but cannot do it.
    Botaka not even there.
    They came out second half and had 2 or 3 chances to kill off the game, then appeared to give up.
  • Options
    Just watched the goals and they're bloody awful...

i.e. the fourth the bloke has a shot and then runs through three players to ensure he gets the rebound!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-charlton/359078
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Not sure if this has already been posted, but in 1925/6 we finished 65th in the league (21st in Division Three South), and we are currently in 59th place.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Not sure if this has already been posted, but in 1925/6 we finished 65th in the league (21st in Division Two South), and we are currently in 59th place.

Do you not mean Division Three South?
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Not sure if this has already been posted, but in 1925/6 we finished 65th in the league (21st in Division Two South), and we are currently in 59th place.

Yes he does :wink: .
  • Options

Me again, I'm afraid.

I've just listened to KR in the Radio London link on here & couldn't bite my tongue ( well, fingers)

I have never heard so much baloney spoken in all my 68 years ! I normally don't pay much attention to managers' interviews but tonight my interest was somehow sparked....

All I heard was excuses, blame, excuses, blame & more excuses. Ah, yes, with one, maybe being generous, two mentions of the fact that the manager & his coaching staff must hold their hands up too.

The over riding raison d'etre for his bleating was to make it abundantly clear that everything is the players' fault. He's already thinking of his next job offer IMHO although he'll be lucky, if anyone has listened to his rambling tonight.

So, we have players too big for their boots, do we ? That's apart from Holmesy, JJ and presumably the 2 young guns that started tonight. Who does that leave then, Robbo ? What about the players YOU brought in to the squad...presumably you're not pointing the finger at them ? Tex, maybe ? Well, I'm damned sure he's rather be somewhere else but of course the length of his contract & apparently very high wage for L1 may have something to do with that. And although he's ( fortunately?) not fit at present, Rojo is another case in point.....so who's to blame for tying up unsuitable players on stupidly long contracts, I wonder ?

A little word from Fanny in your shell like, Karl.

If you hadn't done so at 7.45pm tonight, you've lost the dressing room now, old fruit.

It's not the players you should be pointing your finger at.

It's the ethos and sickness that has permeated our famous football club , stifling ambition, desire and hope for the past 3 years. You and your squad are the latest victims. We, the fans have done our best to stay positive but sadly are finding it almost impossible. Depression is setting in all around the club.

There is only one direction to point that finger.

Surely you don't need me to elaborate....!

Jacko has just done the same tbf.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Just watched the goals and they're bloody awful...

i.e. the fourth the bloke has a shot and then runs through three players to ensure he gets the rebound!!

http://www.skysports.com/football/shrewsbury-vs-charlton/359078

That last goal is atrocious.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    I was at the match and I've listened to KR's post match interview and all I can say is that guy needs to take some of the responsibility himself. The team looked like they had no idea. Nobody seemed to know their jobs and with Holmes hat-trick and Rudd managing to get his hands to some balls he had no right of stopping, there were a couple of positives. But, it's clear to me that whilst KR might be right that these players do not want to be at the club, I think it's more that they do not want to play for Robinson. Slade got more of out of these guys than Robinson is getting.

Our defending was awful, not just our defenders, I mean as a group, our midfield was non existent and we had very little of any substance going forward. It took three decent goals from Holmes to give us any chance, how gutting for him that we still lost the game. For their second or third I remember seeing 3 attackers against one defender because our guys were so horribly out of position. They broke very quickly and we always seemed half asleep when they did. Whilst I realise that sacking yet another manager isn't going to help in the long term, I fear for our safety this season. We were taken apart quite easily by a team who you'd expect to finish comfortably below us.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    A big issue is that when you play youngsters you have to know when to give them a rest. It is wrong to blame them, but if you blame the experienced players and drop them and don't drop the youngsters - even if you rightly are not angry with them, you are missing the point. Both Aribo and Konsa have shown enough to suggest they have great futures in the game. And their energy was vital in a sluggish midfield. But when it starts to go stale, you need to rest and freshen up. It was clear at Bury that it was time to rest them.

The issue is also that we totally cocked up the transfer window. I expected no less as we always do. The trick now is not to panic. We have enough quality to be challenging at the other end so escaping relegation should not be too difficult if people keep their heads.

I'm not even going to bother thinking about what we need next season to change things, because under this owner I know we won't do what is necessary and it only makes you angry. I would say, Robisnon has to put a brave face on it - encourage and support all his players for the battles ahead and sharpen the knives secretly.
  • Options
    Anyone know when Jason Pearce is meant to be back?
  • Options

Anyone know when Jason Pearce is meant to be back?

I thought KR said another 3/4 four weeks, he's stage 2 recovery whatever that means.
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:

Don't.
    This will now be used by Katrien as this seasons benchmark.
  • Options
    The only consolation is they couldn't have timed this bad run any better with the protests in Belgium at the weekend. The protests will have gathered more momentum with each shocking performance recently.

I have noticed a difference in KR since transfer deadline day - he seems a bit defeated since then which will also probably have something to do with only getting 3 points out of a possible 21 but I can't help thinking he was promised more from the board in January than we actually got.
  • Options

JamesSeed said:

Yes I did. Fixed now.
  • Options
    In 1925/6 we finished 65th in the league (21st in Division Three South), and we are currently in 59th place (15th in League One).
    If we drop six paces we'll equal that record low, and we'll be relegated.
    Happy days.