Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    I occasionally look to see where former players are now plying their trade and how there getting on mainly the ones that are at local clubs or ones in league 1 or championship so look on these threads to look at former players who moved further afield?
    As for Tony I found him a frustrating player to watch because at times he showed minutes of brilliance but afraid that is always what it was and was never a whole match but at a low time for the club he did give us fans a glimmer of hope even if it was only in small doses

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    He played well for us maybe 5 times? 

I get that people are interested in how he does.

He's that rare player that doesn't like working, doesn't enjoy playing and just wanted to make money easily and football was that option for him as he naturally was good at it at a younger age. As he's got older his lack of application has been his undoing.  
    I wonder if he will ever look back and have regrets about that. It's not too late for him to carve himself out some sort of career but I severely doubt that he has any desire to do so.
  • Options
    iamdan said:
    He used to love the 3 B’s in life.. 

Beer
    Birds
    Bu___
    mbaclots
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Beer
    Birds
    Bu___
    M sex
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He is probably in the top 5 of Charlton players I have ever seen in terms of pure talent. 

One day he will wake up, probably in a gutter, potless, and regret it all. 

I follow his career partly rubber knecking the car crash, partly because, deep down I still hope he makes it. 

In years to come perhaps @paulie8290 will get a lift in Watt's mini cab.
    I think there is more chance of him propping up the bar in Wetherspoons at 8am rather than driving a cab
  • Options
    Cafc43v3r said:
    He is probably in the top 5 of Charlton players I have ever seen in terms of pure talent. 

One day he will wake up, probably in a gutter, potless, and regret it all. 

I follow his career partly rubber knecking the car crash, partly because, deep down I still hope he makes it. 

In years to come perhaps @paulie8290 will get a lift in Watt's mini cab.
    I think there is more chance of him propping up the bar in Wetherspoons at 8am rather than driving a cab
    LMAO More chance of stumbling across him in an arcade than anywhere else. 
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Beer
    Birds
    Bu___
    M sex
    Nothing wrong in that @ricky_otto
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iamdan said:

Beer
    Birds
    Bu___
    M sex
    i heard it stunts your growth 
    Only if you're receiving.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

He's that rare player that doesn't like working, doesn't enjoy playing and just wanted to make money easily and football was that option for him as he naturally was good at it at a younger age. As he's got older his lack of application has been his undoing.  
    Watt? He played for us waaay more times than that. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Key word is well. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Key word is well. 
    Ah - fair enough, missed that! 
  • Options
    iamdan said:

Beer
    Birds
    Bu___
    M sex
    i heard it stunts your growth 
    Only if you're receiving.
    No problems with constipation.
  • Options
    Joined Motherwell

Interesting that the BBC used a photo of him playing for us. Not a flattering photo either!

• Options
    Where will he go next season? 12 clubs now.
  • Options
    He’s carrying some timber even then. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting to note the period 2011-2014. Tony scored 22 goals in 55 games, since then he has scored another 22 goals, but it has taken 139 games to do so.  I imagine some of his coaches and mentors feeling quite exasperated with him.  

• Options
    I can think of countless ex-players who are way more worthy of interest than that weirdo!
    I have a list of over 50 clubs on flash scores were ex cafc players play now, that I like to keep track of the progress off, this go from quality players like JBG and Gomez to players who hardly played like Fanni and Koc

But to me they are ex CAFC players and I am curious as to how they do, I have now removed CSKA Sofia and added Motherwell in case Watt signs for them

50 clubs seems a little excessive but each to their own.

There is alot of ex players out there haha
    For example tonight there is:

Cardiff- Etheridge
    Reading- Morrison
    Derby- Bielik(Although injured tonight)
    Northampton- Mcormack and Marshall(neither playing tonight)
    Dover- AMB starting and Cumberbatch(on bench)

Then  abroad

Breman- Velkovic
    Valencia- Coquelin 
    Le Mans- YTU(on the bench)
    Guingamp- El Hadji Ba (on the bench)
    What happened to Pete The Pole?
  • Options
    Interesting to note the period 2011-2014. Tony scored 22 goals in 55 games, since then he has scored another 22 goals, but it has taken 139 games to do so.  I imagine some of his coaches and mentors feeling quite exasperated with him.  

The expectations continue to get lower.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    Kap10 said:
    I can think of countless ex-players who are way more worthy of interest than that weirdo!
    I have a list of over 50 clubs on flash scores were ex cafc players play now, that I like to keep track of the progress off, this go from quality players like JBG and Gomez to players who hardly played like Fanni and Koc

But to me they are ex CAFC players and I am curious as to how they do, I have now removed CSKA Sofia and added Motherwell in case Watt signs for them

50 clubs seems a little excessive but each to their own.

There is alot of ex players out there haha
    For example tonight there is:

Cardiff- Etheridge
    Reading- Morrison
    Derby- Bielik(Although injured tonight)
    Northampton- Mcormack and Marshall(neither playing tonight)
    Dover- AMB starting and Cumberbatch(on bench)

Then  abroad

Breman- Velkovic
    Valencia- Coquelin 
    Le Mans- YTU(on the bench)
    Guingamp- El Hadji Ba (on the bench)
    What happened to Pete The Pole?
    Currently playing for Piast

Scored in a couple of friendlies in Jan but hasnt played in their last couple, their first league game is Saturday so will be interesting to see if he is a starter for them 
  • Options
    I'm going to predict that he will go full circle and that his very last club will be Airdrie. You never know that might just be the catalyst for a final hurrah. Not that he's had that many "hurrahs" in his career.
  • Options
    it isn’t a wonder to me that some of us are interested in his career. Made more appearances for us than anyone else.
  • Options
    Great on his day........problem was his day was very few & far between. Loved seeing him run at players & still think his best position is in midfield - a sort of Gordon Strachan player.

At the moment he is only known for scoring the winner against Barcelona for Celtic & for keeping the ball in the corner for 2 mins against Forest for us.
  • Options
    Great on his day........problem was his day was very few & far between. Loved seeing him run at players & still think his best position is in midfield - a sort of Gordon Strachan player.

At the moment he is only known for scoring the winner against Barcelona for Celtic & for keeping the ball in the corner for 2 mins against Forest for us.
    I'd be more than happy to be known for that tbh
  • Options

A pretty random career path too
    5 Scottish clubs
    3 English
    3 Belgian
    1 Bulgarian