Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    Tony Watt played 81 minutes against Celtic and was only taken off after being booked seconds before !

At 27, Magic feet Tony could still have a decent career even if it's in the mediocre Scottish premier. 
    Tony has to be at full fitness to compete.

• Options
    Tony Watt played 81 minutes against Celtic and was only taken off after being booked seconds before !

At 27, Magic feet Tony could still have a decent career even if it's in the mediocre Scottish premier. 
    Tony has to be at full fitness to compete.

He played ok in what looked a pretty weak team. If he keeps up the effort, he'll have a good season. 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Saw him on an episode of Undr the Cosh a while back. He was keen to mention his time with us despite the hosts seemingly happy to gloss over it. He suggested he would never have left CAFC until the club reneged on a contract extension and that  he was never going to stay after that.
    Glad we didn't waste any more money on him, unfit for the large part, more interested in gaming and films, and didn't actually deliver all that much on the pitch
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leuth said:
    Counterpoint: Tony Watt was a fuckin legend 
    Part time legend...
  • Options
    Half a season (under Luzon) when he was very good, but then it all seemed to go sour in the next season
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Uboat said:
    I really liked Tony. Nothing but good wishes from me. 
    Exactly the same for me, he was a fun player to watch, and there isn’t enough of those around 
    He was fun and indeed brilliant for half a season.  After that he was disinterested, overweight and hopeless. 
  • Options
    Zzzzz.
  • Options
    Hadn’t had a look to see how he was getting on in a while. Great to see he’s still at Motherwell and is scoring goals.

I expected him to continue drifting from club to club while falling down the leagues before retiring early.

He’s not going to reach the potential he had but he’s at least having a solid career. Will be interesting to see how he does over the next few years.
  • Options
    Zzzzz.
    Just taken the pooch for a walk mate?
  • Options
    I’m pleased for TW. Hope he’s settled and happy .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Joint top scorer in the SPL, if he can continue that form over the course of the season he might get a move to a bigger team (not the Old Firm, but maybe Hearts/Hibs/Aberdeen). That being said, he may be better off staying in an environment where he’s settled for the first time. 
  • Options
    Kips said:
    Saw him on an episode of Undr the Cosh a while back. He was keen to mention his time with us despite the hosts seemingly happy to gloss over it. He suggested he would never have left CAFC until the club reneged on a contract extension and that  he was never going to stay after that.
    Have you got the link to this please? I've been through all of the back catalogue  and can't find one with him... 
  • Options
    Always comes across as a nice guy with a real attachment to CAFC. Seems to be loving the JJ effect as much as all of us.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    995632 said:
    Kips said:
    Have you got the link to this please? I've been through all of the back catalogue  and can't find one with him... 
    Think it might have been the open goal podcast with Simon Ferry.
  • Options
    995632 said:
    Kips said:
    I've got a Patreon subscription and it can only be accessed via their app. 

Surprisingly TW wasn't as interesting as I anticipated, but as you may well know ordinarily its ex-players now out of the game who feature, and they can therefore be a bit more candid i suppose.

I would however recommend subscribing if Undr the cosh is your thing as there are loads of additional interviews on there not available on YouTube. Ooh Gordon Watson being one if you're of a certain vintage.

As much as it pains me to give Jon the Beast Parkin more money for his next Chinese, I just love these podcasts so it's worth an extra £3 a month.

• Options
    Tony Watt trending on Twitter as people are outraged* that he hasn’t been included in the Scotland squad announced today 

*ok, “outraged” might be a bit much, but certainly mildly annoyed 
  • Options
    I have no doubt that if Tony had concentrated on football and not fallen out with everyone he met, he could have had a good career in the Premier League.

More raw talent than someone like Patrick Bamford, for example.
  • Options
    I have no doubt that if Tony had concentrated on football and not fallen out with everyone he met, he could have had a good career in the Premier League.

"Give me a man with half the talent but total commitment to improving over another who has double the ability but only half the will to improve"
  • Options
    edited November 2021

"Give me a man with half the talent but total commitment to improving over another who has double the ability but only half the will to improve"
    Doesn’t work quite as well when you are buying people with less than a quarter of the talent even if they have 3 to 4 times the will to better themselves though unfortunately. God knows we’ve tried both
  • Options

Did he actually fall out with anyone or was he just a victim of 'the network'?

He always comes across as a nice lad. Very glad to see him doing well.