Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    This doesn’t mean he is leaving, just that he has rejected the contract put on front of him. I imagine with Watt’s inconsistency over the years at different clubs, he is not currently being paid as much as he thinks he is worth now. He probably has more bargaining power than he has had since he was the kid who scored against Barcelona and may just think he can get a bit more at this point.

What ever happens now (no pun intended), I hope he continues to realise his enormous talent as he has been doing this season. At is best he is a joy to watch playing the beautiful game.
    This x 1000.

Watt will not be leaving Motherwell. All that's happened is that he's rejected their offer of a new contract. Happens all the time. As above he's probably just looking for more money. He's settled back in Scotland & wont be leaving to become a bit part player somewhere else. 

Why is it that posters always want us to sign ex players. Happens every transfer window. Does my nut in.
  • Options
    the current reason we want to sign ex players is cos we are playing and positioned in our shittiest position in our history having spent previous years in better positions 
    so basically we have always been better and want to bring the good times back .
    we were never craving for players to come back in the prem years cos we were at the other end of the scale 

• Options
    Tony would have to go on one of his mazy runs around the Dan Pelchen algorithm, the black box, Roddy's cabal, TS and Jacko if he wanted to sign for Charlton. 

I think he'd run out of puff long before Jacko gave him the nod. 
  • Options
    BillG said:
    He might be worth a January bid now that he seems to have sorted his life out.
    But I think that is the problem. He seems settled in Scotland, near friends and family, familiar surroundings. He leaves and goes to say, Reading, he’d probably fall apart again. He’s doing well, playing every week, earning a decent wage, why put that in jeopardy?
    This is what i assume is the problem. He would probably earn far more than his current salary by playing south of the border. 
  • Options
    BillG said:
    But I think that is the problem. He seems settled in Scotland, near friends and family, familiar surroundings. He leaves and goes to say, Reading, he’d probably fall apart again. He’s doing well, playing every week, earning a decent wage, why put that in jeopardy?
    This is what i assume is the problem. He would probably earn far more than his current salary by playing south of the border. 
    Better he stays where he is if he's happy - money isn't everything. 
  • Options
    Alexander added: "We can't really compete with a Championship club, or even League One, and some League Two clubs - in fact, a couple of National League clubs, which we've lost players to in the summer.

I know the finances in football are uneven at the moment, but that's ridiculous
    The sky tv deal for Scotland is 25m a season over 5 years (so about 2m per club). Motherwell's average crowd this season is just under 6k. 3 teams in the National league have higher averages than that, so it's not hard to see why Scottish sides outside the Old Firm struggle.

If this site is even close to being accurate it's not hard to see why Watt would be considering any offers from English clubs.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-premiership/motherwell/

• Options
    edited December 2021
    BillG said:
    True it isn't but it certainly has more weight in a decision when you probably only have 7-8 years of your career left.

If the figure in the link is true, then there will be some posters on this forum who earn more than Watt. And he will likely be retired by 35. 
  • Options
    BillG said:
    True it isn't but it certainly has more weight in a decision when you probably only have 7-8 years of your career left.

If the figure in the link is true, then there will be some posters on this forum who earn more than Watt. And he will likely be retired by 35. 
    If the salary is way more then fair point - surprised at what he is on.
  • Options
    Signing a pre-contract agreement with Dundee United apparently 
  • Options
    MattF said:
    Signing a pre-contract agreement with Dundee United apparently 
    3 year contract.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    A rather unexpected sideways move at the peak of his career. Hope it works out for him.
  • Options
    Good. We can move onwards now.
    I hope he does well.
  • Options
    Good luck Tony, hope it works out 
  • Options
    stonemuse said:
    Good luck Tony, hope it works out 
    As ever, it will work out if he fancies it .  
  • Options
    Tony has a contender for the “keep the ball in the corner” crown!

https://twitter.com/andypeterson31/status/1478724965381939202?s=21
  • Options
    Na Watts was better was longer and those 2 it took 26 seconds for them to take the first corner, that's a piss take 🤣🤣
  • Options

Scottish Premiership top scorer Tony Watt has joined Dundee United from Motherwell for an undisclosed fee.

Striker Watt, 28, had agreed a pre-contract summer move to United.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60025140

• Options
    Tony Watt made his Dundee Utd debut last night and set up their last minute winner. 

Also featuring in the match v Ross County, were Ashley Maynard-Brewer (Ross) and Dylan Levitt (Dundee Utd). 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:
    Tony Watt made his Dundee Utd debut last night and set up their last minute winner. 

Also featuring in the match v Ross County, were Ashley Maynard-Brewer (Ross) and Dylan Levitt (Dundee Utd). 
    And Regan Charles-Cook (Ross), who is now joint top scorer up there with Tony Watt.
  • Options
    Great interview with Tony in the latest edition of My Only Desire. He really loved it here it seems, despite some pretty shabby treatment from the club (Katrien).
  • Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Great interview with Tony in the latest edition of My Only Desire. He really loved it here it seems, despite some pretty shabby treatment from the club (Katrien).
    Was her shabby treatment his excuse for one of the most abject performances ever by a Charlton player away to Northampton?
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Was her shabby treatment his excuse for one of the most abject performances ever by a Charlton player away to Northampton?
    Mate, that’s a tough contest. 
    It’s got Carl Jenkinson’s performance at Dag & Red in it !
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Mate, that’s a tough contest. 
    It’s got Carl Jenkinson’s performance at Dag & Red in it !
    Or Ajose in pretty much every game 
  • Options
    buckshee said:
    Vincenzo said:
    Was her shabby treatment his excuse for one of the most abject performances ever by a Charlton player away to Northampton?  Blackburn

• Options
    With the heavyweight Aneke actually being fit for only 1 or 2 games every other month and only 1 other senior forward maybe he's due a comeback. 
  • Options
    Great interview from another really good issue. As ever, looks the part too - https://www.modmag.co.uk/product/my-only-desire-issue-6/12

• Options
    TW was exciting to watch. Bring him back.
  • Options
    Has anyone said "could do a job for us at this level" yet? 

Which job is unclear