Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Tony Watt

Comments

• Options
    Really pleased for him, he seems to have matured as a person.
  • Options
    Bring him home (again)
  • Options
    He might be worth a January bid now that he seems to have sorted his life out.
  • Options
    On a good day he deserves to be called Tony Magic feet Watt. 
    At least the Celtic Scottish international player that said Tony Watt would be driving a Glasgow bus by the time he was 27 has been proved wrong. It sounds like he has matured which can only be a good thing.
    He never reached optimum fitness which also dampened his career. Not sure how many minutes he gets through now but I would like to think he has more stamina and a professional attitude to go with those feet.
    Pretty much all of them!
  • Options
    Rothko said:
    Motherwell is the best of all worlds for him, near Glasgow, but enough away, his wife works in law in the City, he’s probably on top money at Motherwell, less pressure, nice way of life. I wouldn’t move for some EFL club and lose that 
    Wasnt that one of the problems when he was with us that his girlfriend was in Scotland and he was down here.  

It can be a lonely life at times being a footballer, it could be one of the reasons why we haven't seen the best of Kirk yet. When I say best, I mean an average performance!

• Options
    BillG said:
    He might be worth a January bid now that he seems to have sorted his life out.
    But I think that is the problem. He seems settled in Scotland, near friends and family, familiar surroundings. He leaves and goes to say, Reading, he’d probably fall apart again. He’s doing well, playing every week, earning a decent wage, why put that in jeopardy?
    Sometimes a player just has a club that they "fit" better than anywhere else. For example Leko just seems to play better at Charlton than elsewhere. It seems to be the same here for Watt and Motherwell. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Tony Watt: Is Motherwell hotshot ready to shoot for the World Cup with Scotland?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59554655
  • Options
    What could possibly go wrong
  • Options
    bit leftfield but could he be our january window striker?  
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    Not sure Tony and Johnnie were that close
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    Ohhh Tony, stay there until the end of the season … it’s doing you good being settled. 
  • Options
    DOUCHER said:
    TW always seem to be bigging JJ up so i assumed maybe they were 
  • Options
    edited December 2021
    DOUCHER said:
    DOUCHER said:
    TW always seem to be bigging JJ up so i assumed maybe they were 
    I might be remembering incorrectly but I though TW and JJ had a bit of a bust up ?
  • Options
    Surprised by that. 3 months away from two massive matches for Scotland and 12 months from a World Cup. Wouldn’t change anything to risk losing that opportunity. 

Would be a different type of striker compared to the current two we have.
  • Options
    Surprised by that. 3 months away from two massive matches for Scotland and 12 months from a World Cup. Wouldn’t change anything to risk losing that opportunity. 

yep, a motivated and more mature Tony Watt could be electric in this team 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    DOUCHER said:

yep, a motivated and more mature Tony Watt could be electric in this team 
    Or completely disruptive. If there are Championship clubs sniffing he won’t be heading to SE7
  • Options
    I loved him as a player because you could see he had so much raw ability - he was just a bit of a fruitloop.

Pretty sure I've seen banter between him and JJ on social media so assume they are in touch occasionally

• Options
    Tony Watt is the Washington equivalent. I'd rather have Conor.

Not that I think we'd be interested.
  • Options
    Something makes me think that if Tony Watt returned he would have to deal with the kind of boredom and sense of isolation, and the temptations that would bring.
    Very entertaining player at his best, but getting the ducks in a row to get the best out of him would be the challenge.
  • Options
    He has played more games for Motherwell than any other club he has played for (second most amount was with us).  He is probably thinking that at 27 he has finally got his head right and should be playing at a higher level. But he should probably realise that the reason he has been doing to well is because he is settled, a move away could put him back to square 1 again. 

• Options
    This doesn’t mean he is leaving, just that he has rejected the contract put on front of him. I imagine with Watt’s inconsistency over the years at different clubs, he is not currently being paid as much as he thinks he is worth now. He probably has more bargaining power than he has had since he was the kid who scored against Barcelona and may just think he can get a bit more at this point.

What ever happens now (no pun intended), I hope he continues to realise his enormous talent as he has been doing this season. At is best he is a joy to watch playing the beautiful game.
  • Options
    Tony Watt is a very different person and player than the one we had. He’s a lot happier, married and more settled. Have watched a couple of Motherwell games this season and he’s been head and shoulders the best player on the pitch.

He is at a good age to get a good move.

In terms of his relationship with Jackson, as suggested, he has been hugely vocal in recent weeks in his support for Charlton and Jackson in particular.

I’d sign him in a heartbeat, but it doesn’t quite fit with the ethos that TS was referring to earlier. Think, if he wanted to come to England again, he could easily get a championship gig.
  • Options
    If he got to the heights of the end of the season 14/15 performances then he would be too good in League one. Would compliment the strikers we have well. 
  • Options
    Alexander added: "We can't really compete with a Championship club, or even League One, and some League Two clubs - in fact, a couple of National League clubs, which we've lost players to in the summer.

I know the finances in football are uneven at the moment, but that's ridiculous