Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Football died a little bit yesterday (VAR)

Comments

• Options
    VAR has been used very well so far, although the fans in the stadium are still in the dark for most decisions. Just waiting for that incident that kicks it all off.
  • Options

VAR has been used very well so far, although the fans in the stadium are still in the dark for most decisions. Just waiting for that incident that kicks it all off.

Definitely going to be in an england game
  • Options
    100% penalty not awarded for Harry Kane being wrestled to the ground. Anyone want to defend that call?

• Options
    VAR is something you have to use for every decision , or none! Can’t be having such inconsistent usage of it especially with the inconsistency of refereeing
  • Options
    That was dogshit, someone runs into your arm=VAR penalty, someone wrestles you to the ground=noVAR penalty zzzzzZzzzzZzzzz
  • Options

Greenie said:

Its working well in the WC despite all the negativity.

Great do away with the refs then...save money.
    Yeah, let's have no officials on the pitch. Doh.

VAR having been set up and administered properly in this World Cup has been superb and has corrected a number of extremely tough decisions, without any significant delay. Bloody marvellous and should have happened a long time ago.
    Yes let's not dooohhhhhh
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

VAR is something you have to use for every decision , or none! Can’t be having such inconsistent usage of it especially with the inconsistency of refereeing

Exactly this, no point having it otherwise.
  • Options

Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Excellent comment, how old are you, nine?
    Well he supports about 8 teams so you could be right
    Another creepy stalker..
  • Options
    Greenie said:

Greenie said:

Excellent comment, how old are you, nine?
    Old enough
  • Options

Greenie said:

VAR having been set up and administered properly in this World Cup has been superb and has corrected a number of extremely tough decisions, without any significant delay. Bloody marvellous and should have happened a long time ago.
    If every desicion can be made in a tv room why have refs...it's basics...as my grandaughter would tell you.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just when I was almost converted. Even VAR is not beyond a FIFA fix.
  • Options

Just when I was almost converted. Even VAR is not beyond a FIFA fix.

Don't worry stalker and dohhhh think it's ok.
  • Options
    This Ref needs to rethink his life.

If you have the option of VAR use it.
  • Options
    sammy391 said:

Think it should be a must where the VAR team advise the ref to review.
  • Options
    VAR what a waste of time. As already said use it for all those decisions or none. Get rid.

• Options

Greenie said:

If every desicion can be made in a tv room why have refs...it's basics...as my grandaughter would tell you.
    Who would tell the players?
  • Options
    we need a statement from the ref and the VAR team regarding those two penalty (non) calls. They have questions to answer.
  • Options
    The referee was painfully bad and I doubt he will get many (if any) more games at this World Cup.

It was suggested by the VAR that he check the video replays for the grab on Kane but he refused the option to do so - means he was confident that the decision he already made was correct or that he's too stubborn to be a top tier referee and have to admit when he got something wrong.
  • Options
    Sneeaky peek behind the scenes.

• Options
    edited June 2018
    NSFW

Proof they were watching something else in the VAR room

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm so glad we won, at least then I don't sound sore when I have a go about referees

He had a pretty sensible first half apart from the penalty which was probably a penalty even though the guy behaved like he had been hit with a 12 gauge

The handling and wrestling in the box has always driven me mad and I've seen ONE referee do something about it in all my 30 odd years of watching that nonsense go on

Bristol Rovers I think in our promotion season, he warned and warned the Rovers defenders about wrestling then they ignored him, he gave a penalty. Great, I thought, this will end this moronic practice at least for the game. Nope, they got a corner and we decided to try pur luck as well so he gave a penalty against us and good on him too.

Governing bodies get so wrapped up in menial shit "oooh was there contact"

Probably, it's a fucking contact sport (just) yet tonight was a bad example of it, if one side gets away with it then fine let both do it but don't be giving Mickey mouse penalties if you are going to let wrestling go unpunished
  • Options
    Might want to put a NSFW on the pics above as funny as they are lol
  • Options
    VAR just means more inconsistency.

Instead of "mistakes" by referees the faceless VAR people just make random decisions based on god knows what!

Sometimes that's a penalty - sometimes it's not. Watch the same thing again and again and come to a different decision each time. Wheeeeeee…..
  • Options

Might want to put a NSFW on the pics above as funny as they are lol

Couldn’t find any of those blue spots.....
  • Options
    Carter said:

I'm so glad we won, at least then I don't sound sore when I have a go about referees

He had a pretty sensible first half apart from the penalty which was probably a penalty even though the guy behaved like he had been hit with a 12 gauge

The handling and wrestling in the box has always driven me mad and I've seen ONE referee do something about it in all my 30 odd years of watching that nonsense go on

Bristol Rovers I think in our promotion season, he warned and warned the Rovers defenders about wrestling then they ignored him, he gave a penalty. Great, I thought, this will end this moronic practice at least for the game. Nope, they got a corner and we decided to try pur luck as well so he gave a penalty against us and good on him too.

Probably, it's a fucking contact sport (just) yet tonight was a bad example of it, if one side gets away with it then fine let both do it but don't be giving Mickey mouse penalties if you are going to let wrestling go unpunished

Croatia v Nigeria yesterday the exact same situation as the Kane one, penalty given.
  • Options
    Posts deleted in 5.....4....3...2..1.
  • Options

Carter said:

Croatia v Nigeria yesterday the exact same situation as the Kane one, penalty given.
    Greenie says and his batmen say it's all grand.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Greenie said:

Who would tell the players?
    The VAR men
  • Options
    edited June 2018

Instead of "mistakes" by referees the faceless VAR people just make random decisions based on god knows what!

Sometimes that's a penalty - sometimes it's not. Watch the same thing again and again and come to a different decision each time. Wheeeeeee…..

VAR makes no decisions. They can only suggest that the on field referee might want to review an incident for themselves. VAR does absolutely nothing to help get the right decisions when the referee is sh*t in the first place as evidenced by the performance of the Colombian bloke tonight.

VAR cannot give a penalty. VAR cannot rule out a goal for offside. VAR cannot hand out red cards. Only the referee on the pitch can do that. If they chose to ignore VAR all game, they could.
  • Options

VAR makes no decisions. They can only suggest that the on field referee might want to review an incident for themselves. VAR does absolutely nothing to help get the right decisions when the referee is sh*t in the first place as evidenced by the performance of the Colombian bloke tonight.

VAR cannot give a penalty. VAR cannot rule out a goal for offside. VAR cannot hand out red cards. Only the referee on the pitch can do that. If they chose to ignore VAR all game, they could.
    So VAR is only as good as the referee ? On that basis why not just leave it to the referee and bin VAR. I hate it.