Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited November 2017

Morboe said:

That other forum has something interesting on the take over thread

care to enlighten us?
    Bexley Boy reckons he has a scoop - pinch of salt.
    Probably a poopa scoop to clear up the shit he talks.
  • Well this take-over had better go ahead as I've just bought a half year season ticket (Xmas present). Don't let me down Andrew Muir.
  • My gut is telling me it's back on.
  • So we are looking at an Aussie/Greek consortium with Andrew Muir involved somewhere?

• Just had a look. Bexley Boy reckons there's another bidder involved now for £58m.

Having a good wash now after visiting the dark side.

Any Truth in this @Airman Brown from what you have heard from your sources?

or is it all hogwash (the new info i mean, because we know a takeover is happening in some form)
  • Sponsored links:

• Does CATO stand for Charlton Athletic Tone Owned?
  • The sandwiches might improve.
  • T_C_E said:

Just ask the Skipper on Twitter if he can recommend any Beige Chinos. Even if I get told to Feck off, it'll be the first time someone famous has spoken to me so I'll be straight over to that thread! ;)

Oi! So you're saying you've never met me then? That hurts @T_C_E
  • T_C_E said:

Just ask the Skipper on Twitter if he can recommend any Beige Chinos. Even if I get told to Feck off, it'll be the first time someone famous has spoken to me so I'll be straight over to that thread! ;)

Oi! So you're saying you've never met me then? That hurts @T_C_E
    There's famous and there's Royalty, big difference. ;)

• There is definitely one other group, which is fronted by Paul Elliott and a Charlton supporter. Let's call it CATO - leave you to work that one out!

My sources are sceptical about the substance of this group and whether the Belgians take it seriously. I would surmise, however, that it could be of use to them to try to squeeze more money out of the Australians. But I believe the latter are much further down the line, in any event.

Charlton Athletic Take Over. That doesn't tell me anything!
  • edited November 2017

There is definitely one other group, which is fronted by Paul Elliott and a Charlton supporter. Let's call it CATO - leave you to work that one out!

My sources are sceptical about the substance of this group and whether the Belgians take it seriously. I would surmise, however, that it could be of use to them to try to squeeze more money out of the Australians. But I believe the latter are much further down the line, in any event.

CATO - that's one for the conspiracy theorists :smile: (a not particularly amusing pun that might mildly amuse anyone interested in British politics of the early 19th Century).
  • Sponsored links:

• a Greek Australian maybe

Peter Andre?
  • https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cato_the_Elder

Italian's now?

Is it safe to buy a half season ticket?
  • If they could do it by the Pompey game that would be lovely! #makeithappen!

Italian's now?

I hope its not that bloke... He looks Stoned!!

Wouldn't trust someone like that to make decisions when high!!

Italian's now?

I hope its not that bloke... He looks Stoned!!

Wouldn't trust someone like that to make decisions when high!!
    You think they can be any worse than some of the decisions the current lot have made?
  • Aaaagh! Just read another 5 pages of drivel.

Even I might finally have to take Henry's advice.

WIOTOS

• cfgs said:

Well @Airman Brown was right, it really is the last day of November today.

When you say the last day of November, do you mean ever? Should I be cashing in my pension and going on an eleven month party?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!