Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• is this just news that he is looking to sell,( we sort of new that anyway) or is there something more than that?

• is this just news that he is looking to sell,( we sort of new that anyway) or is there something more than that?

Precisely, he would've sold the Club the day after he arrived, if the price was right.

Probably that it’s straight from the horse’s mouth. Preferable than being from a squirrel’s mouth. That would only be a lie.
  • The line from Meire and Duchatelet publicly has been that the club's not for sale.

Anyone with half a brain has known that was lies but now even Duchatelet has admitted it.

That is significant.

It appears matters are already way beyond "open to offers" but Duchatelet has his ego to protect.

In that regard, is this a new CARD product?

• Obviously a public statement that Duche is looking to sell is fantastic news. I'm a bit concerned that Duche still states he will sell on his own terms. Duche doesn't do humility and I see the statement as an attempt to bring in other interested parties. Basically those who have gone through DD have not offered something Duche is willing to accept. I am now worried about timescales. Would new bidders want to do their own DD? How long would this take? Would anyone offer what Duche wants? Could all of this happen before the middle of Jan? This could still take some time.
  • JamesSeed said:

Personally I'd like to rise above it, and forget the little man as soon as possible. Not sure he merits a song at all.

After he's sold you can bet your life he'll hardly give us a second's thought. Maybe a few after-dinner stories about how horrid the vinegar-pissers were to his niece.
  • Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:

Obviously a public statement that Duche is looking to sell is fantastic news. I'm a bit concerned that Duche still states he will sell on his own terms. Duche doesn't do humility and I see the statement as an attempt to bring in other interested parties. Basically those who have gone through DD have not offered something Duche is willing to accept. I am now worried about timescales. Would new bidders want to do their own DD? How long would this take? Would anyone offer what Duche wants? Could all of this happen before the middle of Jan? This could still take some time.

I agree about his motives for the announcement, but it may be wishful thinking on his part to hope for new buyers to appear. It's been pretty well known for months unofficially that he's willing to sell, so why would another buyer appear except in the hope of buying Charlton on the cheap, like Roland did. He may find he has to make do with what is on the table. All ifs and buts I know, but that's what this thread is for.
  • clb74 said:

I'm sorry but until the fans own the club I will always be weary wary.
    God knows what the next owners are like.

Fixed it for you.

When we realise the last few years have been a dream.

I think this may only resonate with fans of a certain age.
  • edited December 2017

A dream? More like a NightMeire ...

I think this may only resonate with fans of a certain age.
    That storyline was a lot more believable than the four year experiment we've been put through.
  • Macronate said:

<

That storyline was a lot more believable than the four year experiment we've been put through.

You are so right
  • I'm off to get my haircut. Because of the time spent following this thread since April, my hair is in a terrible state. I'll let you know if Franco the barber has any updates re the takeover.

A dream? More like a NightMeire ...

This and Meire as a face swap would be phenomenal
    I'll leave that to someone with more Photoshop skills than me!
  • Sponsored links:

• johnny73 said:

Obviously a public statement that Duche is looking to sell is fantastic news. I'm a bit concerned that Duche still states he will sell on his own terms. Duche doesn't do humility and I see the statement as an attempt to bring in other interested parties. Basically those who have gone through DD have not offered something Duche is willing to accept. I am now worried about timescales. Would new bidders want to do their own DD? How long would this take? Would anyone offer what Duche wants? Could all of this happen before the middle of Jan? This could still take some time.

I agree about his motives for the announcement, but it may be wishful thinking on his part to hope for new buyers to appear. It's been pretty well known for months unofficially that he's willing to sell, so why would another buyer appear except in the hope of buying Charlton on the cheap, like Roland did. He may find he has to make do with what is on the table. All ifs and buts I know, but that's what this thread is for.
    My take is that the original interview was a PR piece for domestic consumption. In terms of the sale, it does not strengthen his hand. Its the opposite. Everyone in the game knows we are for sale and have been for months. It won't flush out new buyers. RD saying he is getting out of football and that he has not made any money in football probably means he has to take what's on the table - just like he did when he bought us on the cheap.
    Absolutely. He’s rolling the pitch in Belgium.
  • I don't believe the article - I'm still firmly in the camp of @DOUCHER and his source.

what camp's that - that we know he is looking to sell and he hasn't received a bid antwhere near what he is looking for and therefore nothing is happening. I will let u know when that changes.
  • DOUCHER said:

I don't believe the article - I'm still firmly in the camp of @DOUCHER and his source.

what camp's that - that we know he is looking to sell and he hasn't received a bid antwhere near what he is looking for and therefore nothing is happening. I will let u know when that changes.
    Is antwhere near Antwerp?
  • DOUCHER said:

I don't believe the article - I'm still firmly in the camp of @DOUCHER and his source.

That's very kind - I can't wait to hear from you.
  • clb74 said:

I'm sorry but until the fans own the club I will always be weary.
    God knows what the next owners are like.

Better than the last.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!