Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Have edited earlier post as it may have been unclear. My point is that Rich Cawley’s report does not back up Doucher’s oft-stated view that nothing is happening. In fact Doucher is relying on what RD says, despite all the other identifiable nonsense with it.

When Rich Cawley completes his next passport application what will he write in the box that asks for "Occupation"?
  • edited December 2017
    Yes about time you git! Close the gates on the way out ! Please let this be true!
  • Stig said:

“It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how social media have an impact on the psychology of masses and how they can influence decisions which affect many people.”

As said by many the moment he walked in the door. This was just some f****d up experiment.

Fella should be tried imo.

Roland, you failed miserably. It had nothing to do with social media, and everything to do with the decisions you made and the way you conducted your business. Sure social media was useful in helping the fans to mobilise against you but the reasons for your failure are all your own:

1.Your ill-matched ragbag of network clubs did not bring synergies on the playing front.
    2.You seriously underestimated the greed of the other clubs and the chances of the rejecting FFP.
    3.You inexplicably appointed and retained a CEO who was hopelessly incapable.
    4.You made other bizarre appointments including a chip shop manager and gamer-freak to roles that should have been taken on by experienced professionals.
    5.From the very start you lied, and let others lie, about your intentions. Premier League, pah!
    6.You shunned the fans, you could have had us on your side. Instead you started a war.
    7.You alienated and then sacked the best manager this club had had since it's Premiership days.
    8.You appointed a carousel of managers who, contrary to your CEO's otherworldly opinion, got progressively worse.
    9.You foisted players on the club who were inexperienced, ill suited and frequently insufficiently talented.
    10.You demonstrated your contempt for the club, by refusing to attend games.
    11.You blamed others for your failures.
    12.You disrespected the fans, history and culture of our football club.
    13.You allowed important areas of the business (most notably ticketing and comms, probably others as well) to struggle due under resourcing and ridiculous decisions.
    14.By surrounding yourself with sycophants and refusing to listen to critique you placed yourself in a bubble where you had no chance of understanding any of the above.
    15.Ultimately though, you bought the wrong club. If you'd have done your due diligence properly, you would have known that Charlton fans have more imagination, spirit and fight in them that you could ever muster.

Great summary, Stig! So many talented fans, like yourself and many others, who would have been on their side! He will not accept or understand that they turned us into talented enemies instead.
  • I have been looking around the various Addicks fans forums on social media, the following is from a reply given to Wyn Grants take on the article in The Times by the guy who translated it and put it out in tweets, it makes interesting reading i think, apologies if posted elsewhere-:

You may have seen my tweets where I hastily translated bits of the interview. In the French, "background slides" is "lames de fond", which means "groundswells". I wasn't sure how to translate it so in my tweets I made it the more abstract "problems". Also he talks about "offres éventuelles", which I translated as "eventual offers". It actually means more like "offers that may be made". Anyway, it's all good news!
  • Sponsored links:

• I have been looking around the various Addicks fans forums on social media, the following is from a reply given to Wyn Grants take on the article in The Times by the guy who translated it and put it out in tweets, it makes interesting reading i think, apologies if posted elsewhere-:

You may have seen my tweets where I hastily translated bits of the interview. In the French, "background slides" is "lames de fond", which means "groundswells". I wasn't sure how to translate it so in my tweets I made it the more abstract "problems". Also he talks about "offres éventuelles", which I translated as "eventual offers". It actually means more like "offers that may be made". Anyway, it's all good news!

Merci.
  • cfgs said:

JamesSeed said:

cfgs said:

So he’s basically claiming the reason he’s failed is because of fans on social media. We know that’s bollocks but it’s great because it means we really got under his wrinkly old skin.

He has to argue it’s a malign conspiracy because otherwise he has to admit his own failings. And as Meire says, any suggestion of that is “disrespectful”.
    He has been brought down by an airman, a fanny and a young lad in monochrome.
    He has been brought down by the bottom line.
    Not in his mind the fact that he has been a complete failure and insulted his customers isn't the reason he has failed, it is the lies and agenda of a few activists. I really think he believes that as well the mad old goat.
    He actually thinks Varney is responsible for the protests. He’s that far gone.
    I blame the 2%
  • Rudders22 said:

Please can this takeover happen before my Birthday. It will be a lovely 50th Birthday present ever. Goodbye Mr Duchatelet and Miere. I can go and look forward to watching Charlton again. Sadly I think it will be after the Pompey game though. My instinct is that will be the last game they are in charge of us. Beers everyone?

I really hope you are not 32 Rudders...
  • Stig said:

“It was an interesting experience and I learned a lot about how social media have an impact on the psychology of masses and how they can influence decisions which affect many people.”

As said by many the moment he walked in the door. This was just some f****d up experiment.

Fella should be tried imo.

Roland, you failed miserably. It had nothing to do with social media, and everything to do with the decisions you made and the way you conducted your business. Sure social media was useful in helping the fans to mobilise against you but the reasons for your failure are all your own:

1.Your ill-matched ragbag of network clubs did not bring synergies on the playing front.
    2.You seriously underestimated the greed of the other clubs and the chances of the rejecting FFP.
    3.You inexplicably appointed and retained a CEO who was hopelessly incapable.
    4.You made other bizarre appointments including a chip shop manager and gamer-freak to roles that should have been taken on by experienced professionals.
    5.From the very start you lied, and let others lie, about your intentions. Premier League, pah!
    6.You shunned the fans, you could have had us on your side. Instead you started a war.
    7.You alienated and then sacked the best manager this club had had since it's Premiership days.
    8.You appointed a carousel of managers who, contrary to your CEO's otherworldly opinion, got progressively worse.
    9.You foisted players on the club who were inexperienced, ill suited and frequently insufficiently talented.
    10.You demonstrated your contempt for the club, by refusing to attend games.
    11.You blamed others for your failures.
    12.You disrespected the fans, history and culture of our football club.
    13.You allowed important areas of the business (most notably ticketing and comms, probably others as well) to struggle due under resourcing and ridiculous decisions.
    14.By surrounding yourself with sycophants and refusing to listen to critique you placed yourself in a bubble where you had no chance of understanding any of the above.
    15.Ultimately though, you bought the wrong club. If you'd have done your due diligence properly, you would have known that Charlton fans have more imagination, spirit and fight in them that you could ever muster.
    If Roland disagrees with the first 14 answers without a doubt he would have to hold his hand up and agree with number 15. That for me was his biggest mistake and his downfall started with that mistake.
  • Any updates after today’s game?
  • sammy391 said:

Any updates after today’s game?

All the rumours and CARD protests caused the defeat FACT
  • Miere wasn’t there. But she doesn’t go to many away games
  • Miere wasn’t there. But she doesn’t go to many away games

Errr, pretty sure she goes to most away games
  • Sponsored links:

• J BLOCK said:

Miere wasn’t there. But she doesn’t go to many away games

She misses lots doesn’t she? As ceo she should be at all games and not going on holiday mid season. Hopefully her absence today was because she was looking for a new job
  • I’m pretty sure I saw a picture tweeted of her there earlier, unless it was from another game.
  • She was not sitting with Murray and the parkes

She was sitting next to Murray.

She was sitting next to Murray.
    sitting ??? She should have stood up like the rest of us !! She could have joined in with the "banter" and seen first hand how KR interacts with the fans.........and the lino, 4th official & the opposition manager.
  • sammy391 said:

Any updates after today’s game?

All the rumours and CARD protests caused the defeat FACT
    Really? I thought the teams confidence had been undermined by a social media campaign that suggested “we don’t do cups”.
    On a serious note I was all over social media suggesting that we don't try very hard to win the cup games.

I'm more than willing to admit when I'm wrong and from the teams that have been put out it looks like that's the case here. Clearly I can't comment on the performances, as I didn't attend the games, but Robinson did play, pretty much, his best team in both rounds, and I don't believe that our current group of players would ever give less then their best. Thus it suggests that I was wrong and unfair with my comments.

Clearly I'm not talking about the Checkatrade Cup, and I don't think we should be taking that seriously, but I was certainly wrong about the club's approach to the FA Cup.
  • There was £27,500 prize money for the win yesterday and £67,500 for the third round, plus the potential for a six-figure return in gate receipts and/or TV fees just from the third-round draw. I doubt the club was oblivious to that.

Will our exit from the FA Cup have any impact on the takeover at all?

Can imagine, as it is another source of revenue drying up for Roland, the takeover being that 1 step closer.
  • J BLOCK said:

Miere wasn’t there. But she doesn’t go to many away games

She misses lots doesn’t she? As ceo she should be at all games and not going on holiday mid season. Hopefully her absence today was because she was looking for a new job
    Can confirm, she does go to most away games.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!