Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• DOUCHER said:

Nope I'm afraid I will not be passing comment - last thing you want on here is for me to tell it how it is so not a lot of point

No one really cared anyway.
  • DOUCHER said:

Nope I'm afraid I will not be passing comment - last thing you want on here is for me to tell it how it is so not a lot of point

You won't be able to help yourself.
  • I could pop along to 'A Night at the Museum' and try and summarise the situation for those who haven't been paying attention?
  • DOUCHER said:

I could pop along to 'A Night at the Museum' and try and summarise the situation for those who haven't been paying attention?

Good luck with that, pal.
  • seth plum said:

It was said previously that if it didn't happen by the end of November then all bets are off. Impending transfer window and all that.
    We are past that date, not by much but past it.
    If I were in a position to buy (which I may be after this evenings Euromillions) and was being messed about over fringe issues or single digit percentages I would be tempted to tell Mr Duchatelet to carry on. To continue to stack up losses, and to endure the further reaction of the fans which will surely manifest if there is no certainty of promotion.
    I believe we are now at the witching hour, at DEFCOM 5, if anything is delayed so as to mess up the transfer window and the sale of half season tickets (I am poised to get mine) then there will be cosmic vituperation.

DEFCON 5 is very low level alert.
  • You e not been at the cat food again by mistake have you?
  • football.london/championship/charlton-athletic-australian-football-consortium-13997736 Hadn't seen this linked anywhere. Some very brief quotes and talk of a Swiss investor?

Interesting that they’ve got some quotes from Muirs end... do they know something we don’t?

• football.london/championship/charlton-athletic-australian-football-consortium-13997736 Hadn't seen this linked anywhere. Some very brief quotes and talk of a Swiss investor?

I’d guess the Swiss investor might be something to do with Red Bull? The fact that Muir chose not to comment rather than deny anything tells you he’s involved in itself.
  • By 'putting the best people in place' I assume the Aussies mean a CEO who knows something about football and can build a good support team for Karl.....rather than a new manager (making the big assumption that they are talking about us).

Karl has a team that fits his style now. We don't need a change of manager.....just for him to be supported with a bit more squad depth / quality...particularly up front where the obvious problem we have is not having the players to score enough goals to get promotion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Getting done and dusted by January is starting to look a daunting prospect.
  • Getting done and dusted by January is starting to look a daunting prospect.

Oh ye of little faith !
  • DOUCHER said:

• edited December 2017

Getting done and dusted by January is starting to look a daunting prospect.

Don't worry, like the Facunda Save mask we wore at QPR for the Fulham game all Addicks should turn up wearing two items to support our new owners on Saturday.

image.

Nice article but I'm not sure I agree with the conclusion.

At this moment in time, anything has to be better than Roland.
  • The deeper into December we go the more and more likely it won’t happen til some time in January. Legal firms etc are winding up ahead of the holidays which slows everything down anyway.
  • I think Muir is too busy gloating over the Ashes to get the deal done...
  • The deeper into December we go the more and more likely it won’t happen til some time in January. Legal firms etc are winding up ahead of the holidays which slows everything down anyway.

They just increase their fees!!
  • Sponsored links:

At least muir is a “English soccer” fan and, you would guess would know the correct way to run a football club and not to say idiotic things like “I don’t care about the history of the club”
  • Too many holes in that Swiss story....I'll get me coat.

Didn't we have a Swiss approach before TJ and MS?
  • Too many holes in that Swiss story....I'll get me coat.

Yes, via Sebastian Sainsbury...
  • edited December 2017
    Pedro45 said:

Too many holes in that Swiss story....I'll get me coat.

Yes, via Sebastian Sainsbury...
    That's the one.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/37765/new-article-all-that-glitters-may-not-be-gold

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/charlton_athletic/9151712.stm
  • The deal I’ve been working on since July was announced today and it required the main negotiators to work on it last two days 20 hours a day to finalise the documents.....

Come on Duchatelet, Christmas is coming. I’ll send you a nice card if it goes through this week or next.

Although ironically the 2010 and 2013-14 takeovers were both done over Christmas and New Year. I took a phone call from an interested party on the latter one while attending a kids’ pantomime in Wimbledon, I remember.

Although ironically the 2010 and 2013-14 takeovers were both done over Christmas and New Year. I took a phone call from an interested party on the latter one while attending a kids’ pantomime in Wimbledon, I remember.
    Good point.

Both while an ashes series were being played out?

I remember in 13/14 being in Melbourne after a day at the mcg. We were in a bar at a Barmy army night and asking a couple of blokes in Charlton shirts who this Belgium bloke was that had bought us! Little did any of us know then what would transpire!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!