Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• "So he will only sell to investors with the clout to take us to the premier league so he gets his money back but won’t do that himself. The man is unbelievable!"

Or maybe the penny had dropped that, irrespective as to how much money he throws at it, we will never achieve any success all the while he has KM, and her merry band of incompetents, running the club.
  • So he will only sell to investors with the clout to take us to the premier league so he gets his money back but won’t do that himself. The man is unbelievablea cnut!
  • Henry Irving

11:01AM edited 11:01AM

"Look at Batishuyi at Chelsea. When Roland owned Standard he sold him to (i think) Marseille for a fee with a large sell on fee (25% i think). The when Chelsea bought him for £40 million, Roland pocketed £10 Million just from the sell on fee due to the terms of the agreement (from what i read in the papers and i think on here)

I can only assume this will be the same case for Lookman, Gomez, Harriott, JBG, Pope and the eventual sale of Konsa. Charlton won't see the Sell on Fee if they are sold on, Roland will get them all. "

That would be third party ownership and so illegal
    It would only be third party ownership if he owns the player. Of the players mentioned above (Konsa excluded), Charlton do not own them, merely a charge on the players. If you are suggesting that Roland owning this charge is third party ownership then Charlton owning the charge would also constitute third party ownership. He can own the sell on rights over a player. I think CAFC have sold these in the past, either Shelvey or Jenkinson ring a bell here but I may be incorrect.
  • I don't know how that Batishuyi deal hasn't been investigated for third party ownership..
  • 'The thing is doucher has posted the closest to the truth so far but your all ripping him a new one'

really? because he says nothing is happening and yet your very own post says different. for him to be right you'd have to be bullshitting
  • nla.....in all honesty you know nothing more than anyone else.
    You should have started by saying “ in my opinion” and not written like it was fact if you wanted to encourage readers to believe you.
  • Sponsored links:

• @Henry Irving I dont think it is 3rd party ownership. This was being discussed by Simon Jordan on Talksport about the potential Newcastle takeover and he was indicating that as part of the sale Mike Ashley could take x amount up front and then gamble on sell on clauses in the future going to him when and if they happened, so sounded like normal practice.
  • Carl Leaburn
    2:18PM
    @Henry Irving I dont think it is 3rd party ownership. This was being discussed by Simon Jordan on Talksport about the potential Newcastle takeover and he was indicating that as part of the sale Mike Ashley could take x amount up front and then gamble on sell on clauses in the future going to him when and if they happened, so sounded like normal practice

Agree with this - it's just a club asset that isn't sold with the other assets, but is instead retained by the selling shareholder.
  • edited December 2017
    There is a difference between having extra payments based on performance of the club ie Newcastle and having a share in the ownership and so future fees of a player.

I'm not an expert on this and there is no concrete evidence that RD owns or wants a share of the Lookman/konsa/RHF money.

But ownership of a player's registration (which is what is bought and sold not the actual player) is regulated and can only, as I understand it, be between two clubs ie the first and second party.

yes, another club maybe entitled to a share of a future transfer fee (see Darren Bent and Ipswich) but that is not third party ownership as I understand it.
  • The way it was phrased on the radio was that if x player got sold then the price of the sale would go up by x amount with the extra payment being due then. A bit like older directors getting x amount if we hit the premier league. No ownership of registration.
  • "Henry Irving
    2:24PM
    There is a difference between having extra payments based on performance of the club ie Newcastle and having a share in the ownership and so future fees of a player.

I'm not an expert on this and there is no concrete evidence that RD owns or wants a share of the Lookman/konsa/RHF money.

But ownership of players registrations (which is what is bought and sold not the actual player) is regulated and can only, as I understand it be between two club ie the first and second party."

I wouldnt have thought it's ownership of the player's registration - he's gone and his registration is owned outright by the buying club, albeit with the possibility of further payments. Those payments may even be made to the selling club, but the outgoing shareholder may retain a conditional consideration owed to him by the selling club in the event of further fees becoming due from the buying club. So there's an indirect rather than a direct link between the buying club and the outgoing shareholder. Praps.
  • edited December 2017
    Another football club can have a consideration but not a third party. See West Ham and Tevez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football
  • Precisely my original point @Henry Irving

Standard would be quite entitled to any sell on fee for Batshuayi as a football club, but not their previous owner (if he really doesn't still own them). That is surely third party ownership as it implies Duchatelet always owned Batshuayi and not Standard Liege. If he really had sold Standard Liege then surely he is entitled to £0 of any player sold after his departure?
  • Henry Irving -

Another football club can have a consideration but not a third party. See West Ham and Tevez

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Third-party_ownership_in_association_football

-----------
    I don't believe that is the same thing.
    Cork City had an unscrupulous owner in one Tom Coughlan during the 2009 season. He sold the rights to the sell on fee that Cork City had for Shane Long to a third party.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/man-claims-share-of-shane-long-s-transfer-fee-to-west-brom-1.2437031
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    Rich Cawley: "Duchatelet recently admitted he was open to selling Charlton and is in talks with at least one interested party."

Karl also says again he's been told it's not for sale, I should add, for balance.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-would-be-the-end-of-my-valley-career-manager-karl-robinson/
  • If those are KR’s words then all that spells out to me is a plea to any potential future owner?

“Everything that has been put in place”!!??

That sounds to me like he knows more than he is letting off!
  • “The work put in over the last 12 months has been difficult – the hardest things is things you have not quite seen.”

Reference to the nightmeire? Two Sheds?
  • If he knows nothing about a takeover surely he would say "They (the new owners) 'probably' have their own ideas".
  • bobmunro said:

“The work put in over the last 12 months has been difficult – the hardest things is things you have not quite seen.”

Either that Bob or the inconvenience to training and match preparation at Sparrows Lane with the constant comings and goings of heavy plant :wink:
  • If he knows nothing about a takeover surely he would say "They (the new owners) 'probably' have their own ideas".

This is KR we're talking about!
  • bobmunro said:

“The work put in over the last 12 months has been difficult – the hardest things is things you have not quite seen.”

Not getting the Two Sheds reference?
  • edited December 2017

bobmunro said:

Not getting the Two Sheds reference?
    Deux Chaterlet (excuse my pigeon French) = two chalets :wink:
  • edited December 2017
    On BBC London just now they had a piece about our 25 years back at The Valley. Asked about a takeover, Robbo said:

"I was told no [there isn't one]. But I guess every club has its price."

He also said something about him not being a politician but I missed the exact context.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!