Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Given the recent revelations by Douchebag re open to offers.
    Presumably we/it are not a big enough story for the media to try and sniff out more information or would/could they be gagged with an NDA?
  • seth plum said:

It’s not my opinion it’s where we are now based on info supplied by people that know

yes there’s talks yes there has been DD yes we hit a snag and yes people are still talking but they are a long way away as I said three weeks ago about changing the imminent

Lookie He may well have played a game In how he put his info out and yes it’s a lot of look at me but he is right nothing is imminent and nothing is progressing along at a rate of knots

You get to the point where the posturing stops RD was in control of that so someone was prepared to walk away

Now RD is no longer in control of that and now the other person is holding more cards in their favour

But there has been a lot of stretching out of info not lying and not bullshit but there’s been things posted here that are stretching the facts to suit a better story

If I may run with what you have posted, the implication is that the potential purchasers have the power at the moment.
    However for both parties in the words of the poem 'But at my back I always hear. Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near'.
    On the one hand there are more losses, on the other the transfer window and the desire to make an early start on it.
    We will see what happens, but I can't see Duchatelet having an appetite to support Robinson adequately if he ends up staying.
    It's the next two lines that have me worried ...
    And yonder all before us lie
    Deserts of vast eternity.

Deserts.

Barren, bleak...
  • JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

It’s not my opinion it’s where we are now based on info supplied by people that know

yes there’s talks yes there has been DD yes we hit a snag and yes people are still talking but they are a long way away as I said three weeks ago about changing the imminent

Lookie He may well have played a game In how he put his info out and yes it’s a lot of look at me but he is right nothing is imminent and nothing is progressing along at a rate of knots

You get to the point where the posturing stops RD was in control of that so someone was prepared to walk away

Now RD is no longer in control of that and now the other person is holding more cards in their favour

But there has been a lot of stretching out of info not lying and not bullshit but there’s been things posted here that are stretching the facts to suit a better story

If I may run with what you have posted, the implication is that the potential purchasers have the power at the moment.
    However for both parties in the words of the poem 'But at my back I always hear. Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near'.
    On the one hand there are more losses, on the other the transfer window and the desire to make an early start on it.
    We will see what happens, but I can't see Duchatelet having an appetite to support Robinson adequately if he ends up staying.

Deserts.

Barren, bleak...
    No, deserts are hot and dry, full of life and great to visit!
  • Christ I need a drink.

Are you sure it's not just a mirage John? :wink:
  • DiscoCAFC said:

I refuse to believe anything until I see it but it’s always wise to read what you hear.

One of Noel Gallagher's better lyrics, this
  • Sponsored links:

• DiscoCAFC said:

Someone sent me this, not saying where it’s come from or who the source is. I refuse to believe anything until I see it but it’s always wise to read what you hear. Anyway, I’ll leave it here:

***You are an absolute idiot if you think that this group are going to come along and bring back the glory days!

I have been told some stuff tonight in absolute confidence and I intend to make sure it stays that way so please out of respect don't even ask.

If this Australian consortium take over you can forget Championship football for a very long time.

As for the Premiership?? ...Not in my lifetime and probably not yours either.***

If they came in with that attitude they'd be planning to lose their collective "arse". Don't believe it for a second.
  • edited December 2017
    JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

Deserts.

Barren, bleak...
    It shouldn't worry you at all when you bear in mind that the whole poem is designed to get a lady to take her pants off for the author. Pretty words, for sure, but rather basic and one dimensional.
  • Pedro45 said:

JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

Deserts.

Barren, bleak...
    That sounds pretty much like the way Donald Trump would describe deserts
  • mogodon said:

Pedro45 said:

JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

Deserts.

Barren, bleak...
    That sounds pretty much like the way Donald Trump would describe deserts
    Au contraire...he just sees the mineral wealth that lies beneath, and another way to make a lot of money for him and his mates. If you haven't been to the two Utah NMs he has just reduced, I strongly suggest that you do as they are quite simply beautiful!
  • JamesSeed said:

seth plum said:

Deserts.

Barren, bleak...
    It shouldn't worry you at all when you bear in mind that the whole poem is deigned to get a lady to take her pants off for the author. Pretty words, for sure, but rather basic and one dimensional.
    Jesus man, that's one of the most famous poems ever written. I studied it for S level (only to walk out of the exam after two minutes because Nastase and Connors were engaged in a tremendous doubles match at Wimbledon.)
  • It is so good to see Reams being mentioned on here again albeit parenthetically, I didn't realise how much I had missed his delusional b/s.
  • Sponsored links:

• So no takeover? .
  • So no takeover? .

You know
  • edited December 2017
    HarryLime said:

The beauty of Charlton Life, Whilst we are waiting around for the takeover to happen, we are reciting Shelley to each other.

You've got to admit though Harry it makes a change from discussing locos on the Bexleyheath and Woolwich line of the 60s & 70s :wink:
  • seth plum said:

I met a traveller from an antique land,
    Who said—“Two vast and trunkless legs of stone
    Stand in the desert. . . . Near them, on the sand,
    Half sunk a shattered visage lies, whose frown,
    And wrinkled lip, and sneer of cold command,
    Tell that its sculptor well those passions read
    Which yet survive, stamped on these lifeless things,
    The hand that mocked them, and the heart that fed;
    And on the pedestal, these words appear:
    My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings;
    Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
    Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
    Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
    The lone and level sands stretch far away.”

Ah, a fellow Breaking Bad fan!
  • whilst poetry through the ages is very enjoyable i have actually forgotten what thread i am on !
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!