Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited December 2017

Rich Cawley: "Duchatelet recently admitted he was open to selling Charlton and is in talks with at least one interested party."

Karl also says again he's been told it's not for sale, I should add, for balance.

https://www.londonnewsonline.co.uk/charlton-athletic-takeover-would-be-the-end-of-my-valley-career-manager-karl-robinson/

• edited December 2017
  • It’s not my opinion it’s where we are now based on info supplied by people that know

yes there’s talks yes there has been DD yes we hit a snag and yes people are still talking but they are a long way away as I said three weeks ago about changing the imminent

Lookie He may well have played a game In how he put his info out and yes it’s a lot of look at me but he is right nothing is imminent and nothing is progressing along at a rate of knots

You get to the point where the posturing stops RD was in control of that so someone was prepared to walk away

Now RD is no longer in control of that and now the other person is holding more cards in their favour

But there has been a lot of stretching out of info not lying and not bullshit but there’s been things posted here that are stretching the facts to suit a better story

• It’s not my opinion it’s where we are now based on info supplied by people that know

yes there’s talks yes there has been DD yes we hit a snag and yes people are still talking but they are a long way away as I said three weeks ago about changing the imminent

Lookie He may well have played a game In how he put his info out and yes it’s a lot of look at me but he is right nothing is imminent and nothing is progressing along at a rate of knots

You get to the point where the posturing stops RD was in control of that so someone was prepared to walk away

Now RD is no longer in control of that and now the other person is holding more cards in their favour

But there has been a lot of stretching out of info not lying and not bullshit but there’s been things posted here that are stretching the facts to suit a better story

If I may run with what you have posted, the implication is that the potential purchasers have the power at the moment.
    However for both parties in the words of the poem 'But at my back I always hear. Time's wingèd chariot hurrying near'.
    On the one hand there are more losses, on the other the transfer window and the desire to make an early start on it.
    We will see what happens, but I can't see Duchatelet having an appetite to support Robinson adequately if he ends up staying.

I believe Doucher told us there was no due diligence. You say there has been. That is quite a substantial difference, I would say, and not one of interpretation.

I believe Doucher told us there was no due diligence. You say there has been. That is quite a substantial difference, I would say, and not one of interpretation.

Airman you know this as well as anyone else, its football, people will say what is in their interest to say, from both sides. Sadly we wouldn't really expect anything else.
  • I don't know how that Batishuyi deal hasn't been investigated for third party ownership..

I wrote to FIFA and didn't even get an acknowledgement.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017

I don't know how that Batishuyi deal hasn't been investigated for third party ownership..

They were probably too busy counting the money they were bunged to hush it up.

i have never said he was not looking to sell and my understanding is that due diligence has not happened
  • Probably 2+2=5 but in that interview, does Robbo suggest he knows who the new owners could be and that they will want their own man/take the club in a different direction (Australian feeder club)?:

Robinson said: “I’d be gone – that’s the way it is. They [new owners] have their own ideas.”

He more likely means new owners in general want their own man/have their own ideas. But you never know.
  • edited December 2017
    I'd be disappointed if Karl gets the boot by the new owners but at the same time I'd be prepared to back them with their plan. Unfortunately, I backed Roland after he sacked Powell as I backed his his ideas and made a massive error by doing that so hopefully this will be different.
  • Boooom we have a winner
  • My comment about what has been said on the other site has been deleted ?
  • So, he would rather piss off some protesters than get promoted and make money?

Yeah right,
  • Sponsored links:

• Valley11 said:

Probably 2+2=5 but in that interview, does Robbo suggest he knows who the new owners could be and that they will want their own man/take the club in a different direction (Australian feeder club)?:

Robinson said: “I’d be gone – that’s the way it is. They [new owners] have their own ideas.”

He more likely means new owners in general want their own man/have their own ideas. But you never know.

He can't know this for sure, unless he's already had a chat with them & they have indicated that they would want a "new broom". We all know that new owners like to bring in their own man, but KR doesn't know this for sure unless he has had some indication of their intentions.
  • No reason to think it isn’t tomorrow ;)

Or another day
  • I don't know how that Batishuyi deal hasn't been investigated for third party ownership..

I doubt there was any third party ownership. Roly sold Standard, but I think part of the deal was that owed him a ton of money. All the deal needs to say is that he gets some amount of any player sales as debt repayment and it all above board
  • supaclive said:

I'm in DD right now. Target said £Xm 9 months ago. Then it was half X. Now it's 1/4 X and we're closing. Rich people believe their own press until each set of financial results prove otherwise.

When push comes to shove, RD will sell as he knows his business model doesn't work. He just can't admit it in public.

Trust me. It's sold before the end of the season.

You're in DD's?. I'm on my way.

• supaclive said:

I'm in DD right now. Target said £Xm 9 months ago. Then it was half X. Now it's 1/4 X and we're closing. Rich people believe their own press until each set of financial results prove otherwise.

When push comes to shove, RD will sell as he knows his business model doesn't work. He just can't admit it in public.

Trust me. It's sold before the end of the season.

You're in DD's?. I'm on my way.
    Donald Duck's?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!