Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is Murray actively telling people that nothing is happening then?
  • "Is Murray actively telling people that nothing is happening then?"

Not spoken to him but if there is a takeover underway then there will also be a NDA in place so RM and anyone else involved at the club (Joyes, Meire, Keohane, Duchatelet) aren't going to confirm anything anyway.
  • @Airman, your last post doesn't sound too promising.

"There has been due dilligance" Does this mean it's been and gone from that potential buyer?
  • So a Takeover is not imminent. If Duchatelet won't be realistic on agreeing a price we are stuck with him for a lot longer. I must say I am heartily sick and tired of the will he won't he sell. To keep on raising people's hopes and then dashing them is unfair on Charlton fans that want rid of him. I only want to know when the Takeover is signed sealed and delivered.
    I too am with Seth and I think that RD will sell Konsa get rid of Dodoo and bring the youngsters back from their Loan spells. We might get a loan in from a Premiership Club. It will be interesting to see what will happen if we get bids for Fosu, Holmes etc.
  • Elsewhere a price has been agreed but DD has yet to start.....

The plot Thickens
  • if Roland is still here in January then I expect us to sell a couple of players at least and KR won't get a penny to spend. If so then we may scrape into the play-off's but that is the most we can hope for.

At the moment we are getting mixed signals about whether a sale is close or has stalled and there is only one person in control of when, or if, it happens but at least we all know now that he is wanting to sell and at some point he will. It might just be a longer wait then most of us want.
  • Sponsored links:

• I can't see him selling off the likes of Konsa if he is willing to sell the club, its only going to drive his asking price further down, think Konsa will be worth more in the summer than in Jan too
  • Will he be allowed to sell players if they've completed / under due diligence with a potential buyer?
  • edited December 2017
    My swingometer has dropped back to DISAPOINTED
  • The Red Robin
    10:34AM
    Will he be allowed to sell players if they've completed / under due diligence with a potential buyer?

I expect this is one of the stumbling blocks in regards to the Value. Roland will want to try and sell Konsa to get the money and (more importantly) the sell on fee attached to any deal.

Look at Batishuyi at Chelsea. When Roland owned Standard he sold him to (i think) Marseille for a fee with a large sell on fee (25% i think). The when Chelsea bought him for £40 million, Roland pocketed £10 Million just from the sell on fee due to the terms of the agreement (from what i read in the papers and i think on here)

I can only assume this will be the same case for Lookman, Gomez, Harriott, JBG, Pope and the eventual sale of Konsa. Charlton won't see the Sell on Fee if they are sold on, Roland will get them all.

I can imagine that this has factored in to the Value the prospective buyers have in mind.

am i right @Airman Brown or am i making a Makienok out of it?
  • "I haven't spoken to Murray but from what I'm told he is casting doubt on outcomes not the process or the existence of interested parties."

That's a bit concerning.
    Reckon he would pretty much know what the Duchatelet would be looking for. Could this mean the bids are not up to much?
  • edited December 2017
    I go back to the view that if anyone is going to compensate Duchatelet for his mistakes, which is of itself an unreasonable expectation, the only realistic way to fund that is to get promoted to the Premier League, which is a punt for both sides. Is the problem then the bidder or the expectation?
  • Post from Angeldust.

The stumbling block I mentioned previously has now apparently been overcome. Resolution was reached after much work from the club side of things. They are pushing this, one could assume.

However, the work put in and the 'need to get this done' rhetoric plays heavily into the buying party's hands and they(the bidders) know it.

Would the owner be willing to take a derisory offer? Two years ago ( and the club WAS banded for sale back then) no.
    Today? Quite possibly.
  • Surely the day will come when Roland throws in the towel and accepts whatever is on the table. Whether that is in a year's time or a week's time only Roland will know, but I expect whenever that blessed day comes it will happen very quickly.
  • edited December 2017
    When I was just a little boy
    I asked my mother
    What who will it be
    Will it be Roland?
    Will it be Muir?
    Here's what she said to me

Que sera, sera
    Whatever will be, will be
    The future's not ours to see
    Que sera, sera
    What will be, will be
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    "Look at Batishuyi at Chelsea. When Roland owned Standard he sold him to (i think) Marseille for a fee with a large sell on fee (25% i think). The when Chelsea bought him for £40 million, Roland pocketed £10 Million just from the sell on fee due to the terms of the agreement (from what i read in the papers and i think on here)

I can only assume this will be the same case for Lookman, Gomez, Harriott, JBG, Pope and the eventual sale of Konsa. Charlton won't see the Sell on Fee if they are sold on, Roland will get them all. "

That would be third party ownership and so illegal
  • Sounds like Duchatalet now wants to cut and run before he loses anymore money and whilst a substantial deal is on the table, even though it doesn't meet his valuation.

Looks like something is finally happening imminently and soon.
  • If he's not getting the cash that he wants lets hope any deal includes the Valley & training ditches
  • edited December 2017
    He bought the existing debt, which is in the accounts as £18.6m, so the assumption is that he paid back to the spivs what they had borrowed and got the assets in return.
  • So he will only sell to investors with the clout to take us to the premier league so he gets his money back but won’t do that himself. The man is unbelievable!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!