Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I bet she doesn't go to Swansea tomorrow.
  • edited December 2017
  • Addickted said:

I bet she doesn't go to Swansea tomorrow.

Probably got another Hen do to go to....
  • Addickted said:

I bet she doesn't go to Swansea tomorrow.

I'd like to send her to Coventry, shame we don't play them this season...
  • Anyone buy the Sun today? Just heard on Talksport that Tom Barclay their sports eiditor has mentioned the potential takeover
  • There was £27,500 prize money for the win yesterday and £67,500 for the third round, plus the potential for a six-figure return in gate receipts and/or TV fees just from the third-round draw. I doubt the club was oblivious to that.

And lets face it a high profile 3rd round match would generate lots of publicity for the club and its manager... (not a criticism, I'm sure all ambitious young managers want to be in the limelight)
  • edited December 2017
    If we had an owner who wanted to sell the club, cared about the club and it's history then at a major historical point in the club's history it would be a good time to announce the sale - just saying
  • J BLOCK said:

Anyone buy the Sun today? Just heard on Talksport that Tom Barclay their sports eiditor has mentioned the potential takeover

I expect he's been reading Charlton Life.

• Sponsored links:

• There was £27,500 prize money for the win yesterday and £67,500 for the third round, plus the potential for a six-figure return in gate receipts and/or TV fees just from the third-round draw. I doubt the club was oblivious to that.

And lets face it a high profile 3rd round match would generate lots of publicity for the club and its manager... (not a criticism, I'm sure all ambitious young managers want to be in the limelight)
    Would definetly have with that draw :-(
  • skywalker said:

Two weeks ago, Melexis was in the news. About 18 months ago Melexis opened a new site/building for the future. Turns out ... it's too small ... and they gonna double it in size. Apparently, on average, every car in the world has 8 processors, designed and/or build by Melexis. Great news for RD's wallet ...
    Yesterday, RD was on Flemish TV again. No word on football, but again his view on corruption and partners to do business with. As in the 30min. French spoken interview 3 days ago, he claims that most countries in the world are corrupt. Every nation in Africa is corrupt, the same goes for South America. In Asia he only considers Japan & Indonesia as proper possible business partners (it's here in the French spoken interview "viable" comes in). For the rest he looks at North America and a certain number of European countries, to do business with. So ... if he remains true to his word :) ... you won't have an oligarch from Fuckupistan as a new owner.
    But ... if so ... I'll still buy Red Chaser that beer ...

@skywalker what was his view on Australians?

The bloke is an absolute muppet if he thinks Indonesia is free of corruption, the place is an absolute cesspool of fraud, malpractice and sleaze.

http://jakartaglobe.id/news/indonesia-improves-corruption-index-score-malaysia-singapore-better/

https://www.indonesia-investments.com/news/todays-headlines/indonesia-improves-in-transparency-international-s-corruption-index/item6430?

Ranked 90th out of 176 global countries for corruption by Transparency International and actually fell two places in the rankings this year.

I used to work there a lot in the telecom/media sector and the Indonesian's favorite game was luring in naive foreign investors to invest in this "mega market" in a joint-venture and then having a friendly judge "amend the laws" allowing the local partner to buy out the foreign investor for a fraction of what they had paid.

Most famously SingTel got stitched up to the tune of several billion dollars when the Indonesian Supreme Court forced it to divest its stake in a local mobile operator for a fraction of what it had paid - with a local well-connected Indonesian investor scooping the stake for a bargain price.

• Redrobo said:

Brentford looking for a fan engagement Manager; don't hang about KM, this job is there for the taking.

Check your inbox Tone, for Brentford's email address it's got your name all over this job. (Here to help) :)
  • T_C_E said:

Redrobo said:

Brentford looking for a fan engagement Manager; don't hang about KM, this job is there for the taking.

Check your inbox Tone, for Brentford's email address it's got your name all over this job. (Here to help) :)
    Ps. Katie's no threat it's a 9 o/clock start, the jobs yours.
  • Bump (fall arrest)
    I'm having a tooth out on Thursday. Thursday would be a good day to get some good news....
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    The crackpot makes that many ‘in the know’ predictions that statistically he has to be correct................eventually!
    It’s up to each and everyone of you to decide if it’s this time......I had before I even read it.
  • sammy391 said:

From bexleyboy/Colin on the other site!
    “Takeover news

The latest offer was accepted yesterday by the club ..all signs are looking promising was told this morning

Still work to be done but the signs are looking good”

But I thought the deal was done in the summer. Not like Colin to be a hypocrite.
  • I'd happily comment on bexley boys assertion but not if I'm going to get a load of sniping - let me know
  • THANKS COLIN
  • It was said previously that if it didn't happen by the end of November then all bets are off. Impending transfer window and all that.
    We are past that date, not by much but past it.
    If I were in a position to buy (which I may be after this evenings Euromillions) and was being messed about over fringe issues or single digit percentages I would be tempted to tell Mr Duchatelet to carry on. To continue to stack up losses, and to endure the further reaction of the fans which will surely manifest if there is no certainty of promotion.
    I believe we are now at the witching hour, at DEFCOM 5, if anything is delayed so as to mess up the transfer window and the sale of half season tickets (I am poised to get mine) then there will be cosmic vituperation.
  • seth plum said:

It was said previously that if it didn't happen by the end of November then all bets are off. Impending transfer window and all that.
    We are past that date, not by much but past it.
    If I were in a position to buy (which I may be after this evenings Euromillions) and was being messed about over fringe issues or single digit percentages I would be tempted to tell Mr Duchatelet to carry on. To continue to stack up losses, and to endure the further reaction of the fans which will surely manifest if there is no certainty of promotion.
    I believe we are now at the witching hour, at DEFCOM 5, if anything is delayed so as to mess up the transfer window and the sale of half season tickets (I am poised to get mine) then there will be cosmic vituperation.

I am poised too, what match do half season tickets start from?

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!