Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The real tragedy for Charlton is that if Duchâtelet had decided to put the necessary energy and his obvious business acumen into the football club we might actually have done wonderfully well with him as owner. Instead he treated us as a mad social experiment and the supporters with contempt.

This with bells on it.

• edited December 2017

The real tragedy for Charlton is that if Duchâtelet had decided to put the necessary energy and his obvious business acumen into the football club we might actually have done wonderfully well with him as owner. Instead he treated us as a mad social experiment and the supporters with contempt.

Sorry for repeating this again.......but I’m convinced he has a number of sociopathic traits, one being his inability to grasp human empathy and emotions.
    It just isn’t on his agenda.
    Football is a business where you’re going to find that by the truck load, if you choose to ignore it you are going to be on a loser from the get go.......and so it’s proved.
    Fans are neither customers or computer components.......or anything in between.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2017
    This thread only makes sense if you read it backwards...sale is imminent..8765 posts later Roland may be willing to sell...another 8000 posts and 15 chips will be standard for next season.
  • vffvff
    edited December 2017
    Is Varney in with a shot of arranging a meeting now with the third party investors ?
  • seth plum said:

Duchatelet disturbs me when it comes to race and nationality. He reminds me of an Apartheid era South African where each race and mix was stratified to the nth degree.
    Previously he talked of some Europeans being natural bedfellows, and had a developed sense of 'foreign' and the Chinese hardly qualified as human in his analysis.
    I agree with Airman that his propensity to sweep aside whole groups with an irritated flourish is disturbing, like his world 'vision' is validated by his wealth. For all his reported mathematical acumen he is very backward in considering the ways of people.

You mean he’s a twunt ?

• Oggy Red said:

'

" Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way,

Oh what fun it is to see Roland slink away " !

Shouldn't you have written "Tingle all the way", Fanny?

Great spot, Oggy !

I LOVE it !!!
  • edited December 2017
    seth plum said:

Duchatelet disturbs me when it comes to race and nationality. He reminds me of an Apartheid era South African where each race and mix was stratified to the nth degree.
    Previously he talked of some Europeans being natural bedfellows, and had a developed sense of 'foreign' and the Chinese hardly qualified as human in his analysis.
    I agree with Airman that his propensity to sweep aside whole groups with an irritated flourish is disturbing, like his world 'vision' is validated by his wealth. For all his reported mathematical acumen he is very backward in considering the ways of people.

Great post Seth......maybe like me you are seeing sociopathic traits......you describe them perfectly.
    Sociopaths of course know when to show emotion but it’s a learned ability rather than a natural one.They are very cleaver in choosing when to act out emotions but only because they learn there is a benefit to them in doing so......but in reality they don’t actually feel the emotions in their soul so to speak. They also have a tendency to have a very poor sense of humour.....once again smiling or tamely laughing at appropriate moments, irony is also lost on them.
    All of us will have met people who are shall we say a bit remote and strange and people simply describe it as being “very single minded”....oh really......take a closer look!
    In short, they can lead a very successful life and do so without causing too much grief. Richard Branson is considered by some as being a sociopath.
    Sociopaths and psychopaths are two very different beings by the way.
    Let’s not forget that a while back Duchatalet’s long time partner in a magazine interview stated that he lacked feelings and consideration for others but was improving those traits.
    I’ve got news for you sweetheart.......it’s likely you are seeing sociopathic traits at work.....not that there’s a law against it.
    I have made a post similar to this previously so apologies to anyone who read the earlier one.
  • Is it just me or do his quotes sound like someone who is NOT interested in keeping The Valley? Sounds like he really wants out.

This is even better news for me, because the only thing that scared me more than him not selling, was selling the club and keeping The Valley.
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER you ok hun?

Me? I'm fine, the report backs up everything I've been saying - looking to sell, nothing imminent, will do it when it suits him as doesn't need the money. Just seen Paul Elliot up Sidcup high st - think he might be stalking me to get a better grip on what's happening. OAFDUMP! you know the score.
    The reports don't suggest he's waiting until the summer to sell which is what you expected to happen.
  • DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER you ok hun?

Me? I'm fine, the report backs up everything I've been saying - looking to sell, nothing imminent, will do it when it suits him as doesn't need the money. Just seen Paul Elliot up Sidcup high st - think he might be stalking me to get a better grip on what's happening. OAFDUMP! you know the score.
    “Duchatelet’s comments about being ready to listen to offers could be seen as an indicator that takeover talks are at an advanced stage.”

Eh?
    Doucher is right. Newcastle is the perfect example. Ashley announced a month ago he was "ready to sell" and.... lo and beyold... the person who is now bidding has been feeling him out for months and already had investors from the Middle East together and an official offer submitted within 48 hours.

My guess is talks ARE at an advanced stage.
  • edited December 2017
    Have edited earlier post as it may have been unclear. My point is that Rich Cawley’s report does not back up Doucher’s oft-stated view that nothing is happening. In fact Doucher is relying on what RD says, despite all the other identifiable nonsense with it.

I agree (what did he say?)
  • DOUCHER said:

@DOUCHER you ok hun?

Cawley: “Duchatelet’s comments about being ready to listen to offers could be seen as an indicator that takeover talks are at an advanced stage.”

Eh?
    For the SLP to not cover the takeover despite now claiming to have been told about it a month or two back , could back up their claim that any deal is at an advanced stage - something that is strange to shoehorn into the report considering this is the first they have reported on it, as well as the actual quotes not saying anything about a deal!
  • anyone who doesn't realise it's at an advanced stage must have their head in the sand like Doucher.
  • Well, I can't remember the last time an owner "officially" said they want to sell, that they have not sold within a few months. This is gonna happen one way or another.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!