Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Sage said:
    Whatever happens this'll always be Roland's legacy!!... £7.5m for those three is criminal!!

Sickening, isn't it. Even know we know we wouldn't have seen any of that money under this regime, it's still beyond a joke for 3 players of that quality, all who in a couple of years I expect to be regulars in the Premier League.
    It's like most of Roland's actions - a red hot knitting kneedle down ya japseye...
  • What actual work has lickspittle done this week?I
    Is the amount of work done by lickspittle at Charlton similar to the amount of work done by Farage in his role as an MEP?
  • If it could be a system that would work properly I'd potentially do away with the club Academy system here in England and have a single Academy ran by the FA (almost like Lilleshall)

Graduating players then get picked up in a Draft like system so Salford City this season would have had first pick; Man City would have had the 92nd pick with said player having to see out a Contract of three or four years at said club before they're able to move on 

Its an thought of mine that I know has endless flaws (even I doubt if it would work what with teams able to sign players from abroad too), not to mention is something that Premier League teams alone would never agree too but something has to be done!!
  • edited July 2019
    Trouble is @ForeverAddickted the vast majority of clubs rely on bringing through youngsters and being a feeder club to survive. And unless there is a big shake up of wealth distribution within the game, many clubs will go bust. I do agree with you however that something revolutionary needs to be done.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    So NLA says that the Aussies are close, but JamesSeed is doubtful that anything at all will happen. As a lover of symmetry, this satisfies me.

I never said close close I said are further along 

there is no such thing as close 

it’s done or it isn’t done that’s it nothing else 

imminent  doesn’t exist 
    NLA, don't know you but always appreciate your posts, but you have said more than once (I think) that it will be done by the start of the season and I'm hanging on to that. 
    That’s my personal opinion and I really do believe that to be the case 
    Next season starts in July 2020.
    If you are standing in a queue and a voice shouts out Next, the person at the front of the queue goes to the table not the second in the queue.

C u next Tuesday is wrong,
    See you this Tuesday or Tuesday week should be used.

Too much ambiguity on the word next.

Now back to the non sale of Charlton.

Ps. As Chizz is a Pedant. 

It's Thursday today. Is that this week or next week? 
    No ambiguity with today.
    Can you not see my point ?
    So, if today is this week, we can see that means this week has started and that next week hasn't. 

This season - 2019/20 - started on 1 July, the first of this season's friendlies have been played and the first qualifying rounds of this season's Champions League have been played.  

So, while I hope that the takeover happens as soon as possible, we have to acknowledge that it, sadly, didn't take place before this season started. 
  • RedChaser said:
    Trouble is @ForeverAddickted the vast majority of clubs rely on bringing through youngsters and being a feeder club to survive. And unless there is a big shake up of wealth distribution within the game, many clubs will go bust. I do agree with you however that something revolutionary needs to be done.
    I think the magical answer to that (If somehow the clubs did adopt my idea) would be that the whole TV money gets added to a pot and shared equally between all 92 clubs

I'm going to stop ranting about what I hate about Football now though and fly back to reality on my unicorn, might stop off at candy land first though
  • Takeover thread not transfers etc.
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    So NLA says that the Aussies are close, but JamesSeed is doubtful that anything at all will happen. As a lover of symmetry, this satisfies me.

imminent  doesn’t exist 
    NLA, don't know you but always appreciate your posts, but you have said more than once (I think) that it will be done by the start of the season and I'm hanging on to that. 
    If you are standing in a queue and a voice shouts out Next, the person at the front of the queue goes to the table not the second in the queue.

No ambiguity with today.
    So, if today is this week, we can see that means this week has started and that next week hasn't. 

This season - 2019/20 - started on 1 July, the first of this season's friendlies have been played and the first qualifying rounds of this season's Champions League have been played.  

So, while I hope that the takeover happens as soon as possible, we have to acknowledge that it, sadly, didn't take place before this season started. 
    We’re part way through the Irish 2019 season, which is about as relevant to us as the Champions League qualifiers.
  • Sponsored links:

• The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

FFP was a solution, but you try to enforce it and you get threatened with legal action. 

Jean Marc Bosman was the only player the  Bosman ruling didn't really help !

It's a funny old game.

• So NLA says that the Aussies are close, but JamesSeed is doubtful that anything at all will happen. As a lover of symmetry, this satisfies me.

imminent  doesn’t exist 
    You are breaking your JS character, you need to be more cautious.
    I’m so cautious now that I’m saying nothing :-)
  • Still
    No
    Yawn
    Yet

All good in my book
  • Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

imminent  doesn’t exist 

No ambiguity with today.

What are you waffling on about?

For clubs not in the early Euro qualifying rounds, their season hasn't started. Pre-season friendlies are not part of the season, they are a warm up for the season.

Our season (our next season) officially starts on 3 August.

Quite clearly if a takeover is done in the next few weeks (don't laugh), then it will have been before the season started.
  • Scoham said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

imminent  doesn’t exist 

No ambiguity with today.

We’re part way through the Irish 2019 season, which is about as relevant to us as the Champions League qualifiers.
    So, which season did Joe Aribo play for Charlton at Wembley? And which season did he play for Rangers in the Europa League? 
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:

imminent  doesn’t exist 

No ambiguity with today.

So, which season did Joe Aribo play for Charlton at Wembley? And which season did he play for Rangers in the Europa League? 
    Wembley in Charlton’s 18/19 season and Europa League in Rangers 19/20 season.

Each club has their own season which starts with their first competitive game, and ends with their last competitive game. Not first or last ever either, but I’m sure you know that.
  • If it could be a system that would work properly I'd potentially do away with the club Academy system here in England and have a single Academy ran by the FA (almost like Lilleshall)

Graduating players then get picked up in a Draft like system so Salford City this season would have had first pick; Man City would have had the 92nd pick with said player having to see out a Contract of three or four years at said club before they're able to move on 

Its an thought of mine that I know has endless flaws (even I doubt if it would work what with teams able to sign players from abroad too), not to mention is something that Premier League teams alone would never agree too but something has to be done!!
    Given the abuse revelations at various clubs it would have legs.  Another justification would be standardisation of training and skill-sets and being children would have a ladder of qualification including education.  It would need regional centres of exellence though.  
  • The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

FFP was a solution, but you try to enforce it and you get threatened with legal action. 
    Think it frustrates me more when you read the comments from the fans of those big clubs whenever they hoover up talent

"Yeah but by coming here he's going to be getting the best coaching and will have a better experience"

More likely no he bloody wont; Liverpool fans especially are trying to big up their production of kids yet Gomez certainly wasnt whilst they're only left with Alexander-Arnold and Sterling... In effect this Harvey Elliott (the lad signing from Fulham) is going the exact same way as Izzy Brown (makes me laugh to see the two young lads that have just left West Brom for Man City and Barcelona as they'll no doubt do the same), he's more than likely going to go from getting a chance to prove himself on the fringes of the Fulham first-team to playing U18 Football once again

So instead of bettering himself and having a great experience its likely his progression will now stall because Liverpool will ultimately prefer to bring in someone proven from abroad that can produce instant results rather than giving Elliott a chance even when he fails a couple of times
    Didn't they Rob sterling from Fulham as well?
  • jac52 said:
    The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

Think it frustrates me more when you read the comments from the fans of those big clubs whenever they hoover up talent

"Yeah but by coming here he's going to be getting the best coaching and will have a better experience"

More likely no he bloody wont; Liverpool fans especially are trying to big up their production of kids yet Gomez certainly wasnt whilst they're only left with Alexander-Arnold and Sterling... In effect this Harvey Elliott (the lad signing from Fulham) is going the exact same way as Izzy Brown (makes me laugh to see the two young lads that have just left West Brom for Man City and Barcelona as they'll no doubt do the same), he's more than likely going to go from getting a chance to prove himself on the fringes of the Fulham first-team to playing U18 Football once again

So instead of bettering himself and having a great experience its likely his progression will now stall because Liverpool will ultimately prefer to bring in someone proven from abroad that can produce instant results rather than giving Elliott a chance even when he fails a couple of times
    QPR I think
  • jac52 said:
    The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

QPR
  • Sponsored links:

• 1894, Blackpool Tower is opened.
  • Dave2l said:
    I still can't believe I thought the club was about to get sold...as soon as Meire left.

Premature hope x20000
    you weren't the only one

Meire V2 is living up to his predecessor though
  • 1894, Blackpool Tower is opened.
    Congratulations @blackpool72
  • Chizz said:
    1894, Blackpool Tower is opened.
    Congratulations @blackpool72
    A mighty impressive tower it is too
  • 1972, Blackpool Tower is re-opened.
    After it was destroyed by rampaging Charlton fans @blackpool72
  • _MrDick said:
    1972, Blackpool Tower is re-opened.
    After it was destroyed by rampaging Charlton fans @blackpool72
    Then came Chesterfield.
  • Stop picking on me.
  • jac52 said:

QPR
    Liverpool poached him from QPR
  • Brunello said:
    I know nothing!
    This is not the Brexit thread! 

You're welcome :-)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!