Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chizz said:
    Scoham said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    Chizz said:
    So NLA says that the Aussies are close, but JamesSeed is doubtful that anything at all will happen. As a lover of symmetry, this satisfies me.

I never said close close I said are further along 

there is no such thing as close 

it’s done or it isn’t done that’s it nothing else 

imminent  doesn’t exist 
    NLA, don't know you but always appreciate your posts, but you have said more than once (I think) that it will be done by the start of the season and I'm hanging on to that. 
    That’s my personal opinion and I really do believe that to be the case 
    Next season starts in July 2020.
    If you are standing in a queue and a voice shouts out Next, the person at the front of the queue goes to the table not the second in the queue.

C u next Tuesday is wrong,
    See you this Tuesday or Tuesday week should be used.

Too much ambiguity on the word next.

Now back to the non sale of Charlton.

Ps. As Chizz is a Pedant. 

It's Thursday today. Is that this week or next week? 
    No ambiguity with today.
    Can you not see my point ?
    So, if today is this week, we can see that means this week has started and that next week hasn't. 

This season - 2019/20 - started on 1 July, the first of this season's friendlies have been played and the first qualifying rounds of this season's Champions League have been played.  

So, while I hope that the takeover happens as soon as possible, we have to acknowledge that it, sadly, didn't take place before this season started. 
    We’re part way through the Irish 2019 season, which is about as relevant to us as the Champions League qualifiers.
    So, which season did Joe Aribo play for Charlton at Wembley? And which season did he play for Rangers in the Europa League? 

I always liked the Four Seasons
  • The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

FFP was a solution, but you try to enforce it and you get threatened with legal action. 
    Remember that footballers are people!

Everyone should be able to change their job without permission or interference from their former employers once their contract is finished!

The idea that a university or any former employer could demand compensation if you move to a higher paid job is frightening!
  • RedChaser said:
    Trouble is @ForeverAddickted the vast majority of clubs rely on bringing through youngsters and being a feeder club to survive. And unless there is a big shake up of wealth distribution within the game, many clubs will go bust. I do agree with you however that something revolutionary needs to be done.
    Go bust or close their academies as they just become an unsustainable cost (like Brentford did).  Only once this has happened will the EFL realise that EPPP has a negative not positive affect.
  • I believe I have witnessed a yawn
  • 1895, Henry Irving Knighted.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1892, a tortoise called Timothy is brought to Powderham Castle in Devon where he lived to 2004.
    Wow 2004, that's a very old tortoise.... 😀 
    You might want to Google Jonathan the tortoise.
  • cafc-west said:
    From the 'other' site: "Unlikely to see any movement on this over the summer by all accounts.  Revisit mid way through season is looking the most likely outcome." angeldust.
    Should be completed by 6pm tonight then. 
  • It’s about to happen!
  • cafc-west said:
    From the 'other' site: "Unlikely to see any movement on this over the summer by all accounts.  Revisit mid way through season is looking the most likely outcome." angeldust.
    Wonderful. At which point the cycle will continue until one of Roland or, preferably, me is dead.
  • edited July 2019
    If I were a prospective buyer given the talent we have let walk out the door this window, I would definitely hold off til mid-season to see if we are safely above the drop zone before buying at a Championship valuation at this point. Why risk it with a team that the previous owner has basically chosen? Makes no sense. Better to wait then buy before the winter transfer window and upgrade as needed. 
  • cafc-west said:
    Wonderful. At which point the cycle will continue until one of Roland or, preferably, me is dead.
    I'd take anything like that with a pinch of salt
  • Sponsored links:

• RedRyan said:
    If I were a prospective buyer given the talent we have let walk out the door this window, I would definitely hold off til mid-season to see if we are safely above the drop zone before buying at a Championship valuation at this point. Why risk it with a team that the previous owner has basically chosen? Makes no sense. Better to wait then buy before the winter transfer window and upgrade as needed. 
    But why not just wait until the summer and see what division we're in, when you can have more impact eg with transfers during the close season? Then simply drag it out for a few months again, and decide to wait for Christmas again. Repeat ad infinitum.
    No. Better still, the summer after that...
  • Tick Tock Roland, price people will pay only getting lower from here on in. Idiot. 
  • edited July 2019
    Just gone on to see wot the deal is with the new shorts sponsor (don't follow twitter & this is the msg showing..."is it happening"...

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

prob not...!!!
  • If only
  • Can expect another Roland statement soon then
  • Just gone on to see wot the deal is with the new shorts sponsor (don't follow twitter & this is the msg showing..."is it happening"...

🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏🙏

prob not...!!!
    Twitter down too.  Could be one hell of a statement...!
  • The problem with making money out of football is that the balance of power is wrong. Bosman has a lot to answer for and football hasn't improved as a result. The sad fact is, Bosman couldn't have happened with the old system in England and we had a better system then than we do now. Also, the worrying trend for big clubs to get players other clubs have developed on the cheap. I see Liverpool are in the process of nicking a Fulham kid at the moment. Chelsea have recieved a ban. The Spanish giants are disgusting. I liken it to one of us nicking money off a beggar. 

FFP was a solution, but you try to enforce it and you get threatened with legal action. 
    Remember that footballers are people!

Everyone should be able to change their job without permission or interference from their former employers once their contract is finished!

The idea that a university or any former employer could demand compensation if you move to a higher paid job is frightening!
    I understand the principal of this but I think there is a simple reason why in their case it is different as they gain an unfair benefit because football is a game with laws and restrictions which help them. Let's say I wanted to set up a football team on a budget of £1k a month. I would easily be able to find 30 decent enough players within that budget that would thrash a team of 11 Ronaldos. But the laws of the game preclude me from doing that, I have to stick to eleven, so to be better with my eleven, I have to pay the players that make a difference more. 

It isn't difficult to argue that football is a special case. And footballers are hardly treated as slaves. We don't want players being exploited, but there are safeguards that could be put in place to ensure they are fairly treated and continue to make a lot of money, but not ridiculous amounts that suck much of the game dry. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!