Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• If we got to the prem he'd want £200M + the debt.
  • BR3red said:
    The way this is going @happyvalley will morph into Nostradamus

Three to go. 
  • edited July 2019
    Chizz said:
    Dalman bid back on .
    Dalman bid in the balance - 50/50.
  • addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I don't believe that Roland has a "breaking point"............ he has enough money for it not to bother him much. His stubbornness has been evident for far too long and those thinking that he will cave in are going to be left very disappointed and frustrated IMHO.
    It's either going to take a stupid offer or a decline in our fortunes again to get him to sell up. He can then go and crawl back under his rock. 
    This

or a second miracle of Bowyer getting us promoted to The Premier League on a League One budget.

RD probably feels he's now fended off the peak of the protests so can afford to wait for the price he wants as mentioned by No.1
    This. Don’t for a minute believe he doesn’t care about the protests. According to GM he very much does. 

This is why the lack of dissent and organisation from CARD this summer has surprised me. 

He first took interest in selling the club and then officially put us on the market following the Belgium march in 2017. 

After every major 'protest' gesture against him he's panicked and reacted. Gibbering away on TalkSport, nonsense statements on the OS, openly claiming he wants rid of the club.

He's also admitted in private conversations and public interviews that the fans actively revolting convinced him that his CAFC project was over. 

So I'm surprised we haven't played on this a little more over the summer to try to get his price down and push this over the line. To pre-empt some responses, I know in theory anyone can prompt a protest and CARD and the like shouldn't have to shoulder all the responsibility, but their access to the protest funds, contacts with the press and ability to mobilise hundreds/thousands of us means it's usually the most effective route.

I'm not blaming the heroes of that movement who've done some truly great work, but I do feel we've taken our foot of the gas at the wrong time here. 

What do you think would be the best form of protest and when do you think it should take place?

Don't worry - if we're bottom of the league at end of October the protests will be back on again.
    This is a fair shout.

The protests at The Valley ground to a halt when we lost 4k of season ticket holders/boycotters.  Now 4k of whoever have come back this could reignite the protests if we are floundering soon into the season.

Having said that, I think it's proven that NOTHING the fans do make a slightest bit of difference in what this clown does, HE HAS TOO MUCH MONEY.

Back to fan mode "long live the protest".
  • addick05 said:
    I know I'm on a different planet here, but what if - by the end of October say - we're sitting 3rd in the league?
    We'll be getting 18k and Dushitelet will be laughing his tits off.
  • No way does it "suit" Bowyer. He's waiting on a takeover.

And Duchatelet won't sack Bowyer, that would cost money.

Any relegation battle will be the fans fault, the 8 or 9 interested parties who couldn't agree a deal fault, the EFLs fault.

If you ask him he'd say exactly the kind of things he said last season about it being out of his control and he's here to work with what he's got. If he's sitting around twiddling his thumbs for a takeover he'll have a long bloody wait.

I guarantee that if we're bottom after 10 games Bowyer will be gone.
    Doubt it.

Nobody else left in the building.

Would cost the Belgian money.

Lee, Lee, Lee Bowyer knows the score and won't walk.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1897, Blackwell Tunnel opened.
    Been closed plenty of times since ...
    Yeah, every Saturday night /Sunday morning. No one knows why but apparently it will go on for ever!
  • 1898, Harry Patch born. He became the oldest survivor that fought in the First World War, he lived to the age of 109.
    Lived to 111

Any relegation battle will be the fans fault, the 8 or 9 interested parties who couldn't agree a deal fault, the EFLs fault.
    Whatever the Belgian does here is more by luck than good judgement.

An absolute shambles, why has Murray been on his toes when needed to stabalise things?
  • addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I don't believe that Roland has a "breaking point"............ he has enough money for it not to bother him much. His stubbornness has been evident for far too long and those thinking that he will cave in are going to be left very disappointed and frustrated IMHO.
    It's either going to take a stupid offer or a decline in our fortunes again to get him to sell up. He can then go and crawl back under his rock. 
    This

or a second miracle of Bowyer getting us promoted to The Premier League on a League One budget.

RD probably feels he's now fended off the peak of the protests so can afford to wait for the price he wants as mentioned by No.1
    This. Don’t for a minute believe he doesn’t care about the protests. According to GM he very much does. 

This is why the lack of dissent and organisation from CARD this summer has surprised me. 

He first took interest in selling the club and then officially put us on the market following the Belgium march in 2017. 

After every major 'protest' gesture against him he's panicked and reacted. Gibbering away on TalkSport, nonsense statements on the OS, openly claiming he wants rid of the club.

He's also admitted in private conversations and public interviews that the fans actively revolting convinced him that his CAFC project was over. 

So I'm surprised we haven't played on this a little more over the summer to try to get his price down and push this over the line. To pre-empt some responses, I know in theory anyone can prompt a protest and CARD and the like shouldn't have to shoulder all the responsibility, but their access to the protest funds, contacts with the press and ability to mobilise hundreds/thousands of us means it's usually the most effective route.

I'm not blaming the heroes of that movement who've done some truly great work, but I do feel we've taken our foot of the gas at the wrong time here. 

What do you think would be the best form of protest and when do you think it should take place?

Don't worry - if we're bottom of the league at end of October the protests will be back on again.
    This is a fair shout.

The protests at The Valley ground to a halt when we lost 4k of season ticket holders/boycotters.  Now 4k of whoever have come back this could reignite the protests if we are floundering soon into the season.

Having said that, I think it's proven that NOTHING the fans do make a slightest bit of difference in what this clown does, HE HAS TOO MUCH MONEY.

Totally agree, Nothing we as fans do will affect RD. If he goes it will be when he decides.
  • Richard Murray should be ashamed of himself, and know he has zero answers to QUOTES from himself in January 2014.
  • adsads
    edited July 2019
    Roland got landed with it, but how can he expect somebody else to make the same mistake he did? In all honesty, it wasn't a massively hidden secret at the time was it? He was negligent in his due diligence and in this particular case, it has cost him £7m! It's like when you get palmed off with a dodgy coin. Do you take the hit or try to palm it of onto somebody else? Of course if they know you have the coin, the latter is pretty impossible anyway!
    You just give it to a taxi driver
  • What happens when this thread gets past page 2019? Does @happyvalley have to start predicting the future?

If you ask him he'd say exactly the kind of things he said last season about it being out of his control and he's here to work with what he's got. If he's sitting around twiddling his thumbs for a takeover he'll have a long bloody wait.

I hope we never get into that situation but he didn't fire Gobinson despite our slide and Tarby begging to go.
    That’s ‘Karl Robinson’ for those of a nervous disposition. 
  • addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This

This is a fair shout.

Not true, according to Gerard Murphy. 
    Bowyer contract is a case in point. 
  • Sponsored links:

• There's definitely value in the protests taking place in Belgium as there's always a reaction one way or another but I feel any value in protests at The Valley would be extremely limited especially when RD isn't even there.
  • edited July 2019
    JamesSeed said:
    addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This

This is a fair shout.

It really wouldn't surprise me if Duchatelet was now in the realms of conducting a sociological experiment into how his actions and lack of actions influences the moods, behaviours, emotions and psychology of thousands of Charlton fans, observing hundreds of us on social media platforms.

Probably dragging it out out of curiosity to see the effects it has on the club's fan base so he can note it down in his journals in between rants on the OS.

Scary thing is I'm not even joking.
  • JamesSeed said:
    No way does it "suit" Bowyer. He's waiting on a takeover.

I hope we never get into that situation but he didn't fire Gobinson despite our slide and Tarby begging to go.
    That’s ‘Karl Robinson’ for those of a nervous disposition. 
    Because gobinson was never going to get us promoted so nreason to aack him.
  • JamesSeed said:
    addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This

This is a fair shout.

It's scary how clueless he is. Look at Sheffield Wednesday possibly getting a £5m compensation for Steve Bruce and we have RD thinking the best way to sell something is to have nothing to sell.
  • Mum are we there yet?
  • addick05 said:
    addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    This

This is a fair shout.

Totally agree, Nothing we as fans do will affect RD. If he goes it will be when he decides.
    So the things that have happened in Belgium in the last few years have had no effect on him? I don't think so. 
    He cannot be hurt financially, he has too much money.

Living abroad he is 'thick skinned' to our protests.  He'll go when he wants to and will not be swayed by anything other than his pen towards the dotted line.

But Roland couldn't give a monkey's which division we are in. Why would he sack Bowyer when he would face a claim for compensation?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!