Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Last I heard 

dalman hadn’t gone away 
    Aussies are still very much in frame 
    the guys PA talks of 

definitely a three horse race 

I did hear about two weeks ago the guys PA speak of have offered the most money 
    It's a multiple steeple chase!
  • Ah the mythical 2 weeks rears it’s ugly head again.. :smile:
  • edited July 2019
    _MrDick said:
    Morning all, just back from hols last night and got a message re the "European bid" as I guess we can call it. Please bear with me, I am at arm's length with these guys, so if after reading the following, you have questions, well, you and me both! Anyway...

They have tabled an offer and this has been "accepted". That appears to mean that currently RD thinks it's one he will accept if he doesn't get a better one. The concern that this group share with most of us is that they fear that RD is playing everyone, and more or less at his leisure. The next step from these guys is that the main man will fly to London in approx two weeks together with the Charlton fan investment banker who has brought the bid team together. The only other thing I am able to mention is that the Charlton fan (I'm tempted to code name him Bexley Boy, 'cos he is ex Bexley Grammar :-) ) is well aware of the directors' loan issue and the proposed deal would address it. How, I don't know. The bigger issue seems to be the same as all other serious bidders must have had - how to persuade RD to finally say to himself, OK, I have tested the market enough, I take the best bid. 
    Hold on ... who do we know who works in a major bank and went to Bexley Grammar 🤨🤔

Come on xxxxx ... spill the beans
    Grapevine49?
  • Well even the best case scenario looks like coming too late to impact on player recruitment. 

I Don’t agree 

I feel a lot of people are still thinking of the days gone by and are blurred a bit 

I am not saying we are ready to compete fully and I certainly think we need atleast three more 

But we have to recognize that we have to keep the books as balanced as possible 

if we have a 15 who on average between them earn 5k per week that’s 240k a month on the first 15 

then you have another 8 squad players on average of 3k per week that’s just shy of pissing 100k a month up the wall with players who are not really going to play 

I think bow knows that things are happening he is getting good players to sign extensions he has bought in 2 very good defenders already 

so right now the minimum is being done and that’s right imo at the moment 

i would say the guys PA speaks of would have already been very well briefed about the issues with RD and the skeletons that will appear

The good news is it’s a three horse race there’s more chance one of them gets it done by taking the plunge 
    Aren’t you commenting on something completely different to what I was talking about ? I was suggesting that any takeover looks like coming too late to give Bowyer a better shot at players in this window. 

I was rather hoping that if any takeover was to happen before the window closes then Bowyer would be given a bigger budget than the paltry oine under Duchatelet. Frankly. If we get new owners that still want to give a budget that is the smallest in the division then I’m afraid we are going to go nowhere fast. 

Edit : Your other posts are very encouraging 
    No mate I am trying to say no matter who comes in to buy us don’t get your hopes up of an influx of new players I don’t believe any of them will do it 

the first thing cafc needs to do is stabilize , we need to be a championship club come season end then the following yr add a couple and so on for the next few years 

Agree we need to stabilise and I’m not trying to pick a fight here but with the current budget the chances of us being back down among the dead men in league one are very high. The best and I’ll admit not the only way to stabilise will be to give Bowyer a competitive budget. If we are lucky enough to get transfer window time under new owners and they don’t provide more cash then they are just as short sighted and stupid as Duchatelet.
  • Macronate said:
    What on earth is @happyvalley going to do when this thread gets past page 2019?

Predict the future?

*hope this hasn’t been mentioned before*
    It's there! We did it everyone. Well done all round. 
  • edited July 2019
    So who are the teams local to PA that just got Europa League football?

Czech Rep:
    -Sparta Prague
    -Jablonec
    -Mladá Boleslav

And then bordering countries...

Slovakia:
    -DAC Dunajská Streda
    -Spartak Trnava
    -MFK Ruzomberok

Austria:
    -Wolfsberger AC
    -Austria Wien
    -Sturm Graz

Germany:
    -Borussia Mönchengladbach
    -VfL Wolfsburg
    -Eintracht Frankfurt

Poland:
    -Legia Warsaw
    -Lechia Gdansk
    -Cracovia

• Macronate said:

Predict the future?

• Sponsored links:

• So who are the teams local to PA that just got Europa League football?

Czech Rep:
    -Sparta Prague
    -Jablonec
    -Mladá Boleslav

And then bordering countries...

Slovakia:
    -DAC Dunajská Streda
    -Spartak Trnava
    -MFK Ruzomberok

Austria:
    -Wolfsberger AC
    -Austria Wien
    -Sturm Graz

Germany:
    -Borussia Mönchengladbach
    -VfL Wolfsburg
    -Eintracht Frankfurt

Reckon it could be a Turkish club.
  • RD probably thinks "well if this new group are prepared to offer X amount, then maybe another group might offer more." Rinse repeat. One thing is for sure, he is definitely not desperate to sell, so can play this little game of his. 
  • Once we get passed the year 2019 there are many already scheduled events (Olympics, world cups, etc) and anniversaries (100 years as a league club) to keep @happyvalley going.

@Uboat may have commented on this : - )
  • Macronate said:

Predict the future?

Dont worry your good ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Morning all, just back from hols last night and got a message re the "European bid" as I guess we can call it. Please bear with me, I am at arm's length with these guys, so if after reading the following, you have questions, well, you and me both! Anyway...

They have tabled an offer and this has been "accepted". That appears to mean that currently RD thinks it's one he will accept if he doesn't get a better one. The concern that this group share with most of us is that they fear that RD is playing everyone, and more or less at his leisure. The next step from these guys is that the main man will fly to London in approx two weeks together with the Charlton fan investment banker who has brought the bid team together. The only other thing I am able to mention is that the Charlton fan (I'm tempted to code name him Bexley Boy, 'cos he is ex Bexley Grammar :-) ) is well aware of the directors' loan issue and the proposed deal would address it. How, I don't know. The bigger issue seems to be the same as all other serious bidders must have had - how to persuade RD to finally say to himself, OK, I have tested the market enough, I take the best bid. 
    Give this man a promote!!
  • @PragueAddick

If a bid has been accepted and there are just 3 and a half weeks left until the transfer window closes, any idea why the main guy is wasting 2 of those weeks before flying to London? The man needs to be on a plane tonight!!

And will RD meet them in London or is it going to be left to Lieven the turkey to sort this out?
  • Halfway down the year and no happyvalley  yet, I am getting worried
  • 1901, on the death of Queen Victoria her eldest son reigns as Edward VII.
  • Well even the best case scenario looks like coming too late to impact on player recruitment. 

I Don’t agree 

I feel a lot of people are still thinking of the days gone by and are blurred a bit 

I am not saying we are ready to compete fully and I certainly think we need atleast three more 

But we have to recognize that we have to keep the books as balanced as possible 

if we have a 15 who on average between them earn 5k per week that’s 240k a month on the first 15 

then you have another 8 squad players on average of 3k per week that’s just shy of pissing 100k a month up the wall with players who are not really going to play 

I think bow knows that things are happening he is getting good players to sign extensions he has bought in 2 very good defenders already 

so right now the minimum is being done and that’s right imo at the moment 

i would say the guys PA speaks of would have already been very well briefed about the issues with RD and the skeletons that will appear

The good news is it’s a three horse race there’s more chance one of them gets it done by taking the plunge 
    I belive the players brought in so far are from the list of deal and no deal.   They are all relatively young and it's a big step up for them all.  Also I don't think it would be unreasonable to expect them to want to stay even if we get relegated, plus if a take over happens sooner rather than later they would probably be happy enough being squad players. 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!