Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Chunes said:
    My opinion:

When there's a takeover, it'll be announced there's a takeover. There will not be weeks or months of rumours of deliberations or barriers or breakthroughs. It will be job done. Serious buyer doing business seriously. 

The moment I see a rumour or whisper, I know it's not going to happen.
    So when we're taken over it will be by someone we haven't heard of yet? You might be right, but I doubt it. 
  • Chunes said:
    My opinion:

When there's a takeover, it'll be announced there's a takeover. There will not be weeks or months of rumours of deliberations or barriers or breakthroughs. It will be job done. Serious buyer doing business seriously. 

The moment I see a rumour or whisper, I know it's not going to happen.
    The last serious buyer who bought the club very quickly without weeks/months of rumours didn’t do his due diligence properly.
  • Nobody will accuse the Aussies of rushing it will they ?

Sperm cell Roland is on the loose huh

It didn't even want to turn into a multi cellular organism...but it just thought it might one day head towards an egg cell anyway. Even though it doesn't really warm to the idea of life...and fun huh

But it thought, why not.

It also didn't want to own a number of football clubs and it doesn't like football.

But it thought.

"I'm going to do what I don't want to do. That's how I roll"
  • Still can't get over Happyvalley cutting his grass !
  • Nobody will accuse the Aussies of rushing it will they ?
    A bit like when the Aussies built the new Wembley!
  • Cue the cheesy puns.
  • Sponsored links:

• 1903, The remains of Cheddar Man are found at Cheddar Gorge. It is the oldest complete skeleton found in Britain, dated about 7150 BCE.
    Can I bagsy you for my quiz team @happyvalley ?
  • 1903, The remains of Cheddar Man are found at Cheddar Gorge. It is the oldest complete skeleton found in Britain, dated about 7150 BCE.
    Can I bagsy you for my quiz team @happyvalley ?
    He does churn out some good facts
  • I don't give edam anymore...
  • cafcwill said:
    Does anyone remember the time @AFKABartram was worried the forum might implode by reaching 1000 pages because the forum hosting site has never reach those limits before

We're 98 from 2000. 
    It was a bit of a panic at the time, but it was confirmed that the site can accommodate a maximum of 1999 pages, before old threads start automatically to be deleted.  So, ninety-odd pages left. 
  • What will brie will brie.
  • Wensleydaleman sale goes through (or any other) there will be celebrating in the streets of Leicester and Stilton, Double in Gloucester. But is it all Stilton? Gouda luck. But don’t stay stop with the puns, Halloumi come back with Morbier....
  • Wyhenhesells Cheese.
  • What will brie will brie.
    We're going to Wembrieley, que sera sera
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    What will brie will brie.
    Queso sera sera
  • Scoham said:
    What will brie will brie.
    That’s a Gouda one
  • Getting close to 1905. Looks like that will pass and RD will still hnaging around. Still lets get behind Bow and the boys.
  • Getting close to 1905. Looks like that will pass and RD will still hnaging around. Still lets get behind Bow and the boys.
    Are they putting together a bid?
  • Chizz said:
    Getting close to 1905. Looks like that will pass and RD will still hnaging around. Still lets get behind Bow and the boys.
    Are they putting together a bid?
    Wheying their options.
  • All this takeover business is making me blue...
  • And breee.....th
  • If we're going to sign any players before the deadline Roland feta hurry up and sell.
  • addick05 said:
    addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I don't believe that Roland has a "breaking point"............ he has enough money for it not to bother him much. His stubbornness has been evident for far too long and those thinking that he will cave in are going to be left very disappointed and frustrated IMHO.
    It's either going to take a stupid offer or a decline in our fortunes again to get him to sell up. He can then go and crawl back under his rock. 
    This

or a second miracle of Bowyer getting us promoted to The Premier League on a League One budget.

RD probably feels he's now fended off the peak of the protests so can afford to wait for the price he wants as mentioned by No.1
    This. Don’t for a minute believe he doesn’t care about the protests. According to GM he very much does. 

This is why the lack of dissent and organisation from CARD this summer has surprised me. 

He first took interest in selling the club and then officially put us on the market following the Belgium march in 2017. 

After every major 'protest' gesture against him he's panicked and reacted. Gibbering away on TalkSport, nonsense statements on the OS, openly claiming he wants rid of the club.

He's also admitted in private conversations and public interviews that the fans actively revolting convinced him that his CAFC project was over. 

So I'm surprised we haven't played on this a little more over the summer to try to get his price down and push this over the line. To pre-empt some responses, I know in theory anyone can prompt a protest and CARD and the like shouldn't have to shoulder all the responsibility, but their access to the protest funds, contacts with the press and ability to mobilise hundreds/thousands of us means it's usually the most effective route.

I'm not blaming the heroes of that movement who've done some truly great work, but I do feel we've taken our foot of the gas at the wrong time here. 

What do you think would be the best form of protest and when do you think it should take place?

Don't worry - if we're bottom of the league at end of October the protests will be back on again.
    This is a fair shout.

The protests at The Valley ground to a halt when we lost 4k of season ticket holders/boycotters.  Now 4k of whoever have come back this could reignite the protests if we are floundering soon into the season.

Having said that, I think it's proven that NOTHING the fans do make a slightest bit of difference in what this clown does, HE HAS TOO MUCH MONEY.

Back to fan mode "long live the protest".
    Totally agree, Nothing we as fans do will affect RD. If he goes it will be when he decides.
    So the things that have happened in Belgium in the last few years have had no effect on him? I don't think so. 
    Take my hat off to those who went to Belgium and yes I dare say it pissed him of
  • addick05 said:
    addick05 said:
    addick05 said:
    Chizz said:
    JamesSeed said:
    I don't believe that Roland has a "breaking point"............ he has enough money for it not to bother him much. His stubbornness has been evident for far too long and those thinking that he will cave in are going to be left very disappointed and frustrated IMHO.
    It's either going to take a stupid offer or a decline in our fortunes again to get him to sell up. He can then go and crawl back under his rock. 
    This

or a second miracle of Bowyer getting us promoted to The Premier League on a League One budget.

RD probably feels he's now fended off the peak of the protests so can afford to wait for the price he wants as mentioned by No.1
    This. Don’t for a minute believe he doesn’t care about the protests. According to GM he very much does. 

This is why the lack of dissent and organisation from CARD this summer has surprised me. 

He first took interest in selling the club and then officially put us on the market following the Belgium march in 2017. 

After every major 'protest' gesture against him he's panicked and reacted. Gibbering away on TalkSport, nonsense statements on the OS, openly claiming he wants rid of the club.

He's also admitted in private conversations and public interviews that the fans actively revolting convinced him that his CAFC project was over. 

So I'm surprised we haven't played on this a little more over the summer to try to get his price down and push this over the line. To pre-empt some responses, I know in theory anyone can prompt a protest and CARD and the like shouldn't have to shoulder all the responsibility, but their access to the protest funds, contacts with the press and ability to mobilise hundreds/thousands of us means it's usually the most effective route.

I'm not blaming the heroes of that movement who've done some truly great work, but I do feel we've taken our foot of the gas at the wrong time here. 

What do you think would be the best form of protest and when do you think it should take place?

Don't worry - if we're bottom of the league at end of October the protests will be back on again.
    This is a fair shout.

The protests at The Valley ground to a halt when we lost 4k of season ticket holders/boycotters.  Now 4k of whoever have come back this could reignite the protests if we are floundering soon into the season.

Having said that, I think it's proven that NOTHING the fans do make a slightest bit of difference in what this clown does, HE HAS TOO MUCH MONEY.

Back to fan mode "long live the protest".
    Totally agree, Nothing we as fans do will affect RD. If he goes it will be when he decides.
    So the things that have happened in Belgium in the last few years have had no effect on him? I don't think so. 
    Take my hat off to those who went to Belgium and yes I dare say it pissed him of
    ....but, he’s still here!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!