Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• JamesSeed said:
    Fingers crossed, but suspect it’ll run into the same barriers all the others bids have run into, when the lawyers start digging. Hope not though. 
    Wouldn’t they have already done some digging if they were at the point to make an offer?
  • Well even the best case scenario looks like coming too late to impact on player recruitment. 
  • Fanny has promised a special prize to the first Lifer to post her favourite word, beginning with T and ending in GLE .....

:wink:
  • edited July 2019
    Fanny has promised a special prize to the first Lifer to post her favourite word, beginning with T and ending in GLE .....

Cafc are in a complete and utter effing TANGLE ?

Ps. Thanks for the cuddle at the game when I was still getting over the Flu.

PPS. I hope you can replicate the tingle you got with the Donny missed pen and Patrick's six second from time winner at Wembley  :)
  • Thanks @PragueAddick, so it appears that RD is still playing with the bidders? My concern is that the next meeting is not for 2 weeks, the season starts in 3 weeks and transfer window shuts in 4 weeks (I think), its a pity therefore that Bexley Man (lets call him that) and the main man cant get out to Brussels instead of London next week. anyway thanks for the info....a potential chink of light at the end of this very dark tunnel.
    I think we can write off this transfer window whether we have new owners or not. Bow and Gallen will have a small budget either way and they’ll work within those parameters. Still think we’ve got a few more players to come in whether that’s permanent or a loan but if we get new owners then I expect the changes to happen in January. 
  • 1899, Billy Cotton born. It is his version of The Red Red Robin that is played when the team come out at The Valley.
    Billy Cotton bandleader couldn't play an instrument, and couldn't read music.
  • Sponsored links:

• Hope springs eternal. Even if a takeover is  very late in the day, it will surely help us with loan deals and - critically - in our efforts to extend the contracts of Lyle Taylor and Anfernee Dijksteel. As matters stand, I expect Duchatelet to make a derisory offer to Anfernee and for him to either be sold in January or to walk away for nothing next summer.

Fingers crossed that Duchatelet finally, finally departs - although doubtless he’ll be demanding some sort of contingency payment to cover the possibility of Lookman going to LB Leipzig.
  • 1899, Billy Cotton born. It is his version of The Red Red Robin that is played when the team come out at The Valley.
    Billy Cotton bandleader couldn't play an instrument, and couldn't read music.
    I've always thought it better to have a good ear for music and read words !

Just saying.
  • Well even the best case scenario looks like coming too late to impact on player recruitment. 

I Don’t agree 

I feel a lot of people are still thinking of the days gone by and are blurred a bit 

I am not saying we are ready to compete fully and I certainly think we need atleast three more 

But we have to recognize that we have to keep the books as balanced as possible 

if we have a 15 who on average between them earn 5k per week that’s 240k a month on the first 15 

then you have another 8 squad players on average of 3k per week that’s just shy of pissing 100k a month up the wall with players who are not really going to play 

I think bow knows that things are happening he is getting good players to sign extensions he has bought in 2 very good defenders already 

so right now the minimum is being done and that’s right imo at the moment 

i would say the guys PA speaks of would have already been very well briefed about the issues with RD and the skeletons that will appear

The good news is it’s a three horse race there’s more chance one of them gets it done by taking the plunge 
    NLA, three horse race?

Does that mean you believe, or know, that it is still the Aussies, this European bid, and suggesting that Dalman is in fact still on the scene? 
  • Kiwivalley was here . I actually was. I’m a child of the 20th century 
  • edited July 2019
    Well even the best case scenario looks like coming too late to impact on player recruitment. 

I Don’t agree 

I feel a lot of people are still thinking of the days gone by and are blurred a bit 

I am not saying we are ready to compete fully and I certainly think we need atleast three more 

if we have a 15 who on average between them earn 5k per week that’s 240k a month on the first 15 

then you have another 8 squad players on average of 3k per week that’s just shy of pissing 100k a month up the wall with players who are not really going to play 

I think bow knows that things are happening he is getting good players to sign extensions he has bought in 2 very good defenders already 

i would say the guys PA speaks of would have already been very well briefed about the issues with RD and the skeletons that will appear

The good news is it’s a three horse race there’s more chance one of them gets it done by taking the plunge 
    Aren’t you commenting on something completely different to what I was talking about ? I was suggesting that any takeover looks like coming too late to give Bowyer a better shot at players in this window. 

I was rather hoping that if any takeover was to happen before the window closes then Bowyer would be given a bigger budget than the paltry oine under Duchatelet. Frankly. If we get new owners that still want to give a budget that is the smallest in the division then I’m afraid we are going to go nowhere fast. 

Edit : Your other posts are very encouraging 
  • Last I heard 

dalman hadn’t gone away 
    Aussies are still very much in frame 
    the guys PA talks of 

definitely a three horse race 

I did hear about two weeks ago the guys PA speak of have offered the most money 
    So are the group Prague has mentioned the 3rd one the club talk about, or are they a new 4th group?
  • Yet another promising bidder to be buggered about by Roland. 

I wonder if he just likes the attention.  

• Morning all, just back from hols last night and got a message re the "European bid" as I guess we can call it. Please bear with me, I am at arm's length with these guys, so if after reading the following, you have questions, well, you and me both! Anyway...

They have tabled an offer and this has been "accepted". That appears to mean that currently RD thinks it's one he will accept if he doesn't get a better one. The concern that this group share with most of us is that they fear that RD is playing everyone, and more or less at his leisure. The next step from these guys is that the main man will fly to London in approx two weeks together with the Charlton fan investment banker who has brought the bid team together. The only other thing I am able to mention is that the Charlton fan (I'm tempted to code name him Bexley Boy, 'cos he is ex Bexley Grammar :-) ) is well aware of the directors' loan issue and the proposed deal would address it. How, I don't know. The bigger issue seems to be the same as all other serious bidders must have had - how to persuade RD to finally say to himself, OK, I have tested the market enough, I take the best bid. 
    Prague, is this two weeks imposed by Roland I wonder? Has he given Dalman or the Aussies two weeks to conclude a deal and if not then your guy can conclude a deal. In the meantime do you know if they have access to the Data Room at The Valley and are carrying out DD?

Btw, thanks for your info, it’s much appreciated.
  • Sponsored links:

• Scoham said:
    Last I heard 

dalman hadn’t gone away 
    the guys PA talks of 

So are the group Prague has mentioned the 3rd one the club talk about, or are they a new 4th group?
    4th by my count
  • Fanny has promised a special prize to the first Lifer to post her favourite word, beginning with T and ending in GLE .....

• Scoham said:
    Last I heard 

dalman hadn’t gone away 
    the guys PA talks of 

Couldn’t tell you 
  • Morning all, just back from hols last night and got a message re the "European bid" as I guess we can call it. Please bear with me, I am at arm's length with these guys, so if after reading the following, you have questions, well, you and me both! Anyway...

They have tabled an offer and this has been "accepted". That appears to mean that currently RD thinks it's one he will accept if he doesn't get a better one. The concern that this group share with most of us is that they fear that RD is playing everyone, and more or less at his leisure. The next step from these guys is that the main man will fly to London in approx two weeks together with the Charlton fan investment banker who has brought the bid team together. The only other thing I am able to mention is that the Charlton fan (I'm tempted to code name him Bexley Boy, 'cos he is ex Bexley Grammar :-) ) is well aware of the directors' loan issue and the proposed deal would address it. How, I don't know. The bigger issue seems to be the same as all other serious bidders must have had - how to persuade RD to finally say to himself, OK, I have tested the market enough, I take the best bid. 
    Prague, is this two weeks imposed by Roland I wonder? Has he given Dalman or the Aussies two weeks to conclude a deal and if not then your guy can conclude a deal. In the meantime do you know if they have access to the Data Room at The Valley and are carrying out DD?

Btw, thanks for your info, it’s much appreciated.

I believe its holidays that are dictating the dates tbh , 

I Don’t agree 

Aren’t you commenting on something completely different to what I was talking about ? I was suggesting that any takeover looks like coming too late to give Bowyer a better shot at players in this window. 

I was rather hoping that if any takeover was to happen before the window closes then Bowyer would be given a bigger budget than the paltry oine under Duchatelet. Frankly. If we get new owners that still want to give a budget that is the smallest in the division then I’m afraid we are going to go nowhere fast. 

No mate I am trying to say no matter who comes in to buy us don’t get your hopes up of an influx of new players I don’t believe any of them will do it 

the first thing cafc needs to do is stabilize , we need to be a championship club come season end then the following yr add a couple and so on for the next few years 

Bowyer wants 6 or 7 and that gives us the bare minimum of 2 players per position. We need an influx within 4 weeks before the window closes, whoever is the owner, including if it’s Roland. We won’t stabilise with less as it won’t be enough to stay up.
  • Scoham said:
    Well even the best case scenario looks like coming too late to impact on player recruitment. 

I Don’t agree 

No mate I am trying to say no matter who comes in to buy us don’t get your hopes up of an influx of new players I don’t believe any of them will do it 

the first thing cafc needs to do is stabilize , we need to be a championship club come season end then the following yr add a couple and so on for the next few years 

Bowyer wants 6 or 7 and that gives us the bare minimum of 2 players per position. We need an influx within 4 weeks before the window closes, whoever is the owner, including if it’s Roland. We won’t stabilise with less as it won’t be enough to stay up.

I doubt he will get 6-7 am tbh on top of the 3 he already got regardless of RD or if we had been bought I don’t think any of their models is to buy like that I may be wrong 
  • edited July 2019
    I thought The Aussies had spent loads on having those issues cleared up?
    Identified, discussed and negotiated but not cleared up. Whatever issues there may be, they will still be there unless time has lessened the risk or uncle roly has paid to clear them up hi self - and we know that ain't happening.
  • edited July 2019
    We have 15 first team players with a very weak midfield, I’ll be surprised if we don’t bring in at least 4. Like last year I think we’ll see a few of them come in quite late as players become available when clubs higher up finalise their squads.
  • Scoham said:

I Don’t agree 

I doubt he will get 6-7 am tbh on top of the 3 he already got regardless of RD or if we had been bought I don’t think any of their models is to buy like that I may be wrong 
    Anything less than 5 and we're fuxked.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!