Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• PS. @Neil Heaney  not having a go at you in particular. Plenty of others have posted similarly, which has made it really frustrating when we have needed numbers for a particular protest and come up short.
  • There's definitely value in the protests taking place in Belgium as there's always a reaction one way or another but I feel any value in protests at The Valley would be extremely limited especially when RD isn't even there.
    The protests here and in Belgium compliment each other.  In-ground protests were near impossible with L1 crowds but that will change this coming season.  Media coverage will be greater as well.
  • edited July 2019
    Thanks @PragueAddick, so it appears that RD is still playing with the bidders? My concern is that the next meeting is not for 2 weeks, the season starts in 3 weeks and transfer window shuts in 4 weeks (I think), its a pity therefore that Bexley Man (lets call him that) and the main man cant get out to Brussels instead of London next week. anyway thanks for the info....a potential chink of light at the end of this very dark tunnel.
  • Sponsored links:

• Off_it said:
    What happens when this thread gets past page 2019? Does @happyvalley have to start predicting the future?
    One to go. We're almost there!
  • If you believe LDT (hahaha) then it’s a race to the finish line so another group could get complete a deal before this group get a chance to progress theirs.
  • Thanks @PragueAddick, so it appears that RD is still playing with the bidders? My concern is that the next meeting is not for 2 weeks, the season starts in 3 weeks and transfer window shuts in 4 weeks (I think), its a pity therefore that Bexley Man (lets call him that) and the main man cant get out to Brussels instead of London next week. anyway thanks for the info....a potential chink of light at the end of this very dark tunnel.
    Exactly my concern, mate. All I would say is that they are both based in mainland Europe, and if RD wanted it, they could get to Brussels just as easily as to London. It's possible though that the main man has not yet visited the Valley. Or it could be that RD finally visited the dental hygienist and was told that the work would take two weeks...
    Quick phone call to his dentist.......he can remove every tooth and fit him with dentures in 5 days!!! Sorted. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Just to say that I've worked in the City & I went to Bexley Grammar.....but sadly I not "Bexley Boy".......

However,  an ex player & someone who's father is very very close to the workings of CAFC did go to BG........

I give you Gavin Peacock as your saviour.....😉
  • How does happyvalley know when to become the top post on a new page? Blows my tiny little mind 
    30 posts a page. He either keeps count of the number of comments on each page or he keeps count of the total number of posts on the thread and keeps adding 30 to it to know when to post again. Dedication whichever way you look at it. My task of a seat for each post means I can sit back for some time yet, thousands more posts needed until we fill The Emirates Stadium.
  • cafckev said:
    If Roland can’t or won’t sell the club on the back of the Wembley victory, it does make you question this intention to actually sell the club.
    He probably plans to spend little to no money this season, watch us get relegated back to league one...........then add another 10m onto his asking price.
    Which makes you wonder why he made the 10 pm call to Lee Bowyer offering a better deal. Don't ever try to understand the mind of a person with cognitive dissonance.

Ps. I believe he was told by his family he would need 24/7 security if Bowyer was allowed to walk at that time after the highs of Wembley. (I said don't try to understand his mind SAM !)
  • It’s gonna happen!
  • edited July 2019
    Morning all, just back from hols last night and got a message re the "European bid" as I guess we can call it. Please bear with me, I am at arm's length with these guys, so if after reading the following, you have questions, well, you and me both! Anyway...

They have tabled an offer and this has been "accepted". That appears to mean that currently RD thinks it's one he will accept if he doesn't get a better one. The concern that this group share with most of us is that they fear that RD is playing everyone, and more or less at his leisure. The next step from these guys is that the main man will fly to London in approx two weeks together with the Charlton fan investment banker who has brought the bid team together. The only other thing I am able to mention is that the Charlton fan (I'm tempted to code name him Bexley Boy, 'cos he is ex Bexley Grammar :-) ) is well aware of the directors' loan issue and the proposed deal would address it. How, I don't know. The bigger issue seems to be the same as all other serious bidders must have had - how to persuade RD to finally say to himself, OK, I have tested the market enough, I take the best bid. 
    Hold on ... who do we know who works in a major bank and went to Bexley Grammar 🤨🤔

Come on xxxxx ... spill the beans
  • edited July 2019
    Fingers crossed, but suspect it’ll run into the same barriers all the others bids have run into, when the lawyers start digging. Hope not though. 
  • I thought The Aussies had spent loads on having those issues cleared up?
  • I am sick of this endless malarkey.
    Every rumour and possibility is only ever a hope, and that is because of our emotional investment.
    Nothing changes.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!