Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• I have no business background and in such matters I’m probably naive if not totally stupid. Here goes anyway. If an offer has been made, I assume that the potential buyer is happy and has made that bid because he wants to proceed. If the owner accepts that bid I assume that he too is happy with the offer and is also happy to proceed. That being the case. What on Earth is the hold up ? 
  • Spot on.
  • I have no business background and in such matters I’m probably naive if not totally stupid. Here goes anyway. If an offer has been made, I assume that the potential buyer is happy and has made that bid because he wants to proceed. If the owner accepts that bid I assume that he too is happy with the offer and is also happy to proceed. That being the case. What on Earth is the hold up ? 
    Would suggest it’s due diligence, not normally done until a provisional price has been agreed, due diligence can decrease or increase the overall price.
    Would suggest it’s due diligence, not normally done until a provisional price has been agreed, due diligence can decrease or increase the overall price.
    Havn’t we passed that stage though ?
  • @PragueAddick

If a bid has been accepted and there are just 3 and a half weeks left until the transfer window closes, any idea why the main guy is wasting 2 of those weeks before flying to London? The man needs to be on a plane tonight!!

And will RD meet them in London or is it going to be left to Lieven the turkey to sort this out?
    That has been asked above, and I don't know the answers, including whether it is he who is 'wasting' that time, or RD. 

All I can do is repeat that Bexley Man, who has brought this guy to the table (I think he is a mainstream client of BM) is proper Charlton. I don't think he reads CL, although he has a very old mate, a lurker, who does, but he definitely is as aware of the time pressures re transfer windows and the like as anyone on here, and will have explained this to the main man. 

I will also make sure that the lurker has picked up @Airman Brown interesting comment re Muir above, although I have no idea if that would be of interest. It's well worth passing on.
    I believe Muir might be the ultra caution one in the Aussie group, which might put him off leaping into business with an unknown consortium.

Also relevant is the fact that part of his motivation is to help Aussie soccer. 
  • edited July 2019
    Oh. Bollocks
  • edited July 2019
    I have no business background and in such matters I’m probably naive if not totally stupid. Here goes anyway. If an offer has been made, I assume that the potential buyer is happy and has made that bid because he wants to proceed. If the owner accepts that bid I assume that he too is happy with the offer and is also happy to proceed. That being the case. What on Earth is the hold up ? 
    Havn’t we passed that stage though ?
    No, as this is where all the naughty stuff is found out, such as pending court case, long term commitments such as maintenance agreements, hidden financial agreements, such as directors loans, mortgages, securities etc, can take many months, it depend upon the honesty of the owners / directors and wether they undertook adequate due diligence. Every potential owner will want to undertake their own due diligence.
  • So who are the teams local to PA that just got Europa League football?

Czech Rep:
    -Sparta Prague
    -Jablonec
    -Mladá Boleslav

And then bordering countries...

Slovakia:
    -DAC Dunajská Streda
    -Spartak Trnava
    -MFK Ruzomberok

Austria:
    -Wolfsberger AC
    -Austria Wien
    -Sturm Graz

Germany:
    -Borussia Mönchengladbach
    -VfL Wolfsburg
    -Eintracht Frankfurt

Poland:
    -Legia Warsaw
    -Lechia Gdansk
    -Cracovia
    My guess from that list is Wolfsburg going by the clues PA has given.  Big corporate sponsors Volkswagen and considered a smaller club by some of the Bundesliga ‘giants’
  • Sponsored links:

Because you then pay people vast sums to look through what you want to do and they advise you on the legality’s of it all and the potential exposure you face , this takes money  these people also have lives away from business that has level of not higher priority to them so they work at a pace they feel appropriate to fit both because they have earned the right to dictate pace  
  • Morning all, just back from hols last night and got a message re the "European bid" as I guess we can call it. Please bear with me, I am at arm's length with these guys, so if after reading the following, you have questions, well, you and me both! Anyway...

They have tabled an offer and this has been "accepted". That appears to mean that currently RD thinks it's one he will accept if he doesn't get a better one. The concern that this group share with most of us is that they fear that RD is playing everyone, and more or less at his leisure. The next step from these guys is that the main man will fly to London in approx two weeks together with the Charlton fan investment banker who has brought the bid team together. The only other thing I am able to mention is that the Charlton fan (I'm tempted to code name him Bexley Boy, 'cos he is ex Bexley Grammar :-) ) is well aware of the directors' loan issue and the proposed deal would address it. How, I don't know. The bigger issue seems to be the same as all other serious bidders must have had - how to persuade RD to finally say to himself, OK, I have tested the market enough, I take the best bid. 

Well done for the info,lets hope something or someone can remove Roland from Charlton 100%.

I seem to remember many years ago  that you had dealings with a certain player , pointed him in the direction of Charlton....If this European BID is accepted and as good as that player we could be moving forward once again.

• Just speculating but we have just under 4 weeks until the 8th August when the window closes.

Don't think anyone who’s serious would buy us with little or no time to complete a fair amount of business depending on what the teams looking like by then, so 2 weeks (aargh!) is probably an acceptable amount of time before the guy from # flies in and for others to indulge in brinkmanship.. sooner would be better though.

• 1902, A.C. Benson writes the words to Elgar's masterpiece Land of Hope and Glory.

Then he met Mr Hedged
  • Been out so apologies as been waiting to post

1901 Census shows @CatAddick great- grandfather residing in East Street, Charlton.
  • Ok ... Just putting this out there for discussion 

• Sponsored links:

• edited July 2019
    My opinion:

When there's a takeover, it'll be announced there's a takeover. There will not be weeks or months of rumours of deliberations or barriers or breakthroughs. It will be job done. Serious buyer doing business seriously. 

The moment I see a rumour or whisper, I know it's not going to happen.
  • My opinion, it’s all fucked up and I need another beer 🍺
  • It’s happening now!
  • _MrDick said:
    Ok ... Just putting this out there for discussion 

Ah but Mol Vidi were in the Champions League last year so perhaps doesn't fit PAs insinuation that its a bit of a surprise they have qualified  
  • You’re 
    Grammar police.
    Because you then pay people vast sums to look through what you want to do and they advise you on the legality’s of it all and the potential exposure you face , this takes money  these people also have lives away from business that has level of not higher priority to them so they work at a pace they feel appropriate to fit both because they have earned the right to dictate pace  
    For example, half of Dragon's Den investments fall through after the show.
  • edited July 2019
    Thank god for that.  It's finally happening.

• Thank god for that.  It's finally happening.

Hallelujah 
  • #wheresmeseasonticketform?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!