Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Rudders22 said:

How ironic if it failed the EFL test?

Fred West would pass their test!
    With:

J. Fritzl as manager.
    P. Sutcliffe as assistant manager.
    Nick Lesson finance director
    There better be some 'proper' Charlton involved......surey Richard Rufus could fill this role?
  • Ties up with what I’m hearing.

There was a story on Saturday that four Aussies were in a box. I couldn’t stand it up but Wyn Grant has reported it from another source.

Heard the EFL stuff today too.

‘Koala bear rumour
    Two sources (not the Rickster) told me yesterday that four Australians were in the ground. They were not in the directors' box, but incognito (possibly in East Stand box, but this has not been verified).

It was also suggested that the takeover might go through this week. We have had so many false alarms that I don't want to hold out any hope and the mood is much better anyway, as shown by the attendance and the passion of the crowd who kept up a wall of noise.’

Wyn Grant
  • JamesSeed said:

Ties up with what I’m hearing.

There was a story on Saturday that four Aussies were in a box. I couldn’t stand it up but Wyn Grant has reported it from another source.

Heard the EFL stuff today too.

‘Koala bear rumour
    Two sources (not the Rickster) told me yesterday that four Australians were in the ground. They were not in the directors' box, but incognito (possibly in East Stand box, but this has not been verified).

It was also suggested that the takeover might go through this week. We have had so many false alarms that I don't want to hold out any hope and the mood is much better anyway, as shown by the attendance and the passion of the crowd who kept up a wall of noise.’

Wyn Grant
    Found them in disguise.

• There was a story on Saturday that four Aussies were in a box. I couldn’t stand it up but Wyn Grant has reported it from another source.

Was this the Sky Sports box?
    Didn’t know which box but noted the blinds were drawn in that one.
    All fellas in that one, smartly dressed (youngish I think). Noticed it was strange blinds were partly drawn at half time.

• There was a story on Saturday that four Aussies were in a box. I couldn’t stand it up but Wyn Grant has reported it from another source.

All fellas in that one, smartly dressed (youngish I think). Noticed it was strange blinds were partly drawn at half time.
    We're being taken over by the Young Conservatives.
  • Sponsored links:

• Uboat said:

Christ, don't tell Chizz :smiley:

Columbia's finest happy powder on the table ??
  • YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES
    YES...

OK I'LL WAIT

You think they'd know better than to use the Clubs insecure WiFi network. :wink:
  • "The intention behind this Appendix 3 is to protect the image and integrity of The League..." Typical 'EFL', that they place image before integrity.

Anyway I'm all excited now. What's the betting that it happens on Thursday when I'm stuck in a polling station all day!
  • EastStand said:

Imagine the party at Wembley if this goes through! We'll be knee deep in lager sick and donner meat kangaroo testicles in the stands.

• So, yesterday it was announced that Ellis Short has sold Sunderland. Today we hear that the Two Shats sale could be going ahead. Don't tell me that's what we've been waiting for!
  • I belive takeover of Wolves and Portsmouth each took about one week for fitness test and approval. Who knows, maybe that has already been underway and they are awaiting that approval for the final announcement.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ooooh it's exciting isn't it
  • Interesting that the takeover of Wigan still hasn't happened yet, despite details emerging of an agreement in February

Not the Aussie group but the British. OMG we’re being taken over by the Peaky Blinders
  • I belive takeover of Wolves and Portsmouth each took about one week for fitness test and approval. Who knows, maybe that has already been underway and they are awaiting that approval for the final announcement.

Fitness tests? Are they running bleep tests at the training ground now?
  • Chizz said:

Uboat said:

Christ, don't tell Chizz :smiley:
    No worries. That lot would never get past the fit and proper test.
    And Dianne Abbott would, yeah?
  • Australians in suits. Maybe. Young Australians in suits. Hmmm.

Young Australians in suits being quiet and discreet. Pushing the stereotype now.
  • Surely a new owner should prove they are more fit than the previous owner. In that case it should take 5 seconds!
  • Stig said:

So, yesterday it was announced that Ellis Short has sold Sunderland. Today we hear that the Two Shats sale could be going ahead. Don't tell me that's what we've been waiting for!

What, you mean Ellis Short has transferred Sunderland's debt to his new club, i.e. us? That would be very Charlton!
  • Any news coming through yet re the move to the O2?
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!