Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Redhenry said:

My mob gone very quiet, nothing to add.

Yeah. Normally you can't shut them up!
  • Would be perfect to announce a takeover this week!

We can but hope!
  • I don't know why 'Doucher' is named as such, but in French it is a slang expression for dampening someone's enthusiasm about something.

i'll ask my French teacher tomorrow.
  • edited May 2018

Redrobo said:

Redhenry said:

My mob gone very quiet, nothing to add.

Still important information. It would suggest that someone is now ahead of them.
    I’ll be very surprised if it’s anyone other than the Aussies now.
    You have to admit they have been very persistent.

They have ............ Am I the only one a little concerned as to why ? I know nothing about them, I have no inside knowledge, I just keep thinking, why have they been so determined to buy us after all of the obstacles & clauses that the Belgian has presumably put in place. They even appear to have seen off Red henrys mega rich lot. Maybe these are good things time will tell but why am I worried ?
    Relax it’s normal you’re a Charlton fan.
  • I don't know why 'Doucher' is named as such, but in French it is a slang expression for dampening someone's enthusiasm about something.

Is your French teacher likely to know why Doucher is called that then?
  • CAFCsayer said:

I don't know why 'Doucher' is named as such, but in French it is a slang expression for dampening someone's enthusiasm about something.

And in English it's slang for washing your minge.
    And I've certainly cleaned a lot of minges out on here (that's a jest, honest)
  • So is today the day?
  • Sponsored links:

• Fanny pack
  • Fanny pack

She posts on here
  • *starts looking for The office boxset to watch tonight
  • DOUCHER said:

CAFCsayer said:

I don't know why 'Doucher' is named as such, but in French it is a slang expression for dampening someone's enthusiasm about something.

And in English it's slang for washing your minge.
    And I've certainly cleaned a lot of minges out on here (that's a jest, honest)
    No wonder your posts stink (just a joke honest)
  • What are the chances of this thread getting to 700 pages I wonder?
  • alangee said:

I assume that the £40M is the figure to be paid to RD, there is still the £7M to be paid to the ex-directors, which makes the asking price £47M. I know that the directors £7M can be deferred, but it has to be paid at some time.

Not absolutely true, for the same reason it hasn't been paid to date, although the ex-directors could get (more) difficult over leases to people like franchisees. It's also likely to be bought out for less than £7m, if paid before strictly necessary under the terms.
    There are at least 3 Ex Directors that will never negotiate their Loans or allow Leases until they are repaid in full.And until now, from what we understand, only one buyer has approached them and has known their position for quite some time.

Just a note on this comment of April 9th,this issue of Ex Directors Loans has never been addressed by Aussies, and never by Roland , so if they are a group of Investors and some or all require funding then that I suggest is the hold up, as they would want Charges removed and someone has to pay.
  • alangee said:

I assume that the £40M is the figure to be paid to RD, there is still the £7M to be paid to the ex-directors, which makes the asking price £47M. I know that the directors £7M can be deferred, but it has to be paid at some time.

Not absolutely true, for the same reason it hasn't been paid to date, although the ex-directors could get (more) difficult over leases to people like franchisees. It's also likely to be bought out for less than £7m, if paid before strictly necessary under the terms.
    There are at least 3 Ex Directors that will never negotiate their Loans or allow Leases until they are repaid in full.And until now, from what we understand, only one buyer has approached them and has known their position for quite some time.

Just a note on this comment of April 9th,this issue of Ex Directors Loans has never been addressed by Aussies, and never by Roland , so if they are a group of Investors and some or all require funding then that I suggest is the hold up, as they would want Charges removed and someone has to pay.
    Or just carry them over, as Airman has suggested could be the case?
  • Pedro45 said:

alangee said:

Only if they don't need to borrow against the assets of the club and are prepared to except unsecured loans, and they will be unable to lease any property to third parties.
    I suggest this has been a stumbling block for all buyers as Roland unwilling to pay off these debts and buyers don't want to pay the extra £7mn .
  • Pedro45 said:

alangee said:

Only if they don't need to borrow against the assets of the club and are prepared to except unsecured loans, and they will be unable to lease any property to third parties.
    I suggest this has been a stumbling block for all buyers as Roland unwilling to pay off these debts and buyers don't want to pay the extra £7mn .
    I still don’t see that the loan holders are in any stronger position before or after a deal to leverage their position. These conditions apply now and have applied since 2010. Borrowing against the assets is likely to be limited in any event and the club had at least in some cases got round the third party leases by not bothering to formalise them.

It’s also the case that the loan holders are divided among themselves - particularly in relation to Murray - so it’s not a straightforward “£7m now or no deal” and never has been.
  • Sponsored links:

• and I assume that this sale is no different to when Roland bought the Club, the loans existed then and still existed afterwards.
  • and I assume that this sale is no different to when Roland bought the Club, the loans existed then and still existed afterwards.

Except some sources suggest Roland didn't know about them as he did not do thorough DD!
  • Chizz said:

Is your French teacher likely to know why Doucher is called that then?
    Don't know, but minge sounds like a French word.
  • mange le minge.

Except some sources suggest Roland didn't know about them as he did not do thorough DD!
    yes but it shows that a deal can be done now and the loans do not have to be a stumbling block

• La minge de la singe a un marron tinge
  • Pedro45 said:

alangee said:

I still don’t see that the loan holders are in any stronger position before or after a deal to leverage their position. These conditions apply now and have applied since 2010. Borrowing against the assets is likely to be limited in any event and the club had at least in some cases got round the third party leases by not bothering to formalise them.

It’s also the case that the loan holders are divided among themselves - particularly in relation to Murray - so it’s not a straightforward “£7m now or no deal” and never has been.
    Then why has deal not been done? Its a fact that two groups negotiating wanted those Loans cleared,maybe because they had Peninsular ambitions,maybe because their Banks wanted first charge.
    Roland bought Club with no idea about Charges, Slater and Co bought while First Charge was owned by Banks and Directors Loans were second Charge and combined Debt was what £16mn?
    So position now very different and buyers require clean title, why has no one completed a deal in a year?
  • Pedro45 said:

alangee said:

Then why has deal not been done? Its a fact that two groups negotiating wanted those Loans cleared,maybe because they had Peninsular ambitions,maybe because their Banks wanted first charge.
    Roland bought Club with no idea about Charges, Slater and Co bought while First Charge was owned by Banks and Directors Loans were second Charge and combined Debt was what £16mn?
    So position now very different and buyers require clean title, why has no one completed a deal in a year?
    Lord Buckethead knows why.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!