Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Is anyone even thinking about Keith Peacock's veterans' team?
  • Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So is today the day?

No, but maybe today?
    Maybe tomorrow

I’ll want to settle down

Down

Down

Until tomorrow, I just keep moving on

Da da da dar

Da da da dar
    Impressive, back in the day you could only bark you're typing now
  • Are we due a payment from Liverpool, if they win the Champions League? Is Roland hanging on to trouser that money, too?
  • Page 701 ... sigh
  • Redrobo said:

Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

You are not going to like the new owners either, you will be worried about their exit strategy, have they got enough money, who is really behind them, why do they really want a football team, have they a hidden agenda, will Bows and JJ be kept on, ......etc etc.

Exciting times! Go with the flow.
    Not sure about 'exciting'.

• addick05 said:

Redrobo said:

Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

You are not going to like the new owners either, you will be worried about their exit strategy, have they got enough money, who is really behind them, why do they really want a football team, have they a hidden agenda, will Bows and JJ be kept on, ......etc etc.

I agree. This thread ceased being 'exciting' around page 200 and has since become the dullest and most drawn out takeover saga in the history of man.
  • Are we due a payment from Liverpool, if they win the Champions League? Is Roland hanging on to trouser that money, too?

shhhhh don't give him more reasons to stay about

The club is costing him over a million a month to run. Gomez got sold to Liverpool for £3.5million, unless the add-on for a Champions League win, plus an England competitive appearance is a lot more than the original transfer fee, I can't see how delaying the sale would profit RD in any way.
  • Sponsored links:

The club is costing him over a million a month to run. Gomez got sold to Liverpool for £3.5million, unless the add-on for a Champions League win, plus an England competitive appearance is a lot more than the original transfer fee, I can't see how delaying the sale would profit RD in any way.
    Wasn't the deal for "up to £6.5 million"? Short of Gomez captaining England to winning the World Cup, there is not a lot more that he could achieve beyond winning the CL.

As KM was involved, it probably makes no difference
  • edited May 2018
    Addickted said:

Stig said:

700...phew. I can stop biting my nails and re-arrange my pens now.

Rapidly approaching 701 which is surely going to be a bugger; an odd number where every digit is a prime, ouch.
    Hate to say but neither 0 or 1 are prime numbers.
    And now as well as grammar police we now have maths police. ;-)

I'm with Stigsie, all prime enough for my general day at work.
  • addick05 said:

Redrobo said:

I agree. This thread ceased being 'exciting' around page 200 and has since become the dullest and most drawn out takeover saga in the history of man.
    That’s why my, when the world ends prediction, is looking more and more likely.
  • Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So is today the day?

No, but maybe today?
    Maybe tomorrow

I’ll want to settle down

Down

Down

Da da da dar

Da da da dar
    Three hours on from first reading this and I still can’t stop singing it in my head, whist picturing the dog moving on to the next town.
    Better than lassie and flipper

And had the best name for a dog ever sorry ray

“London”

That dog was proper always wanted him to turn up in woolwich and live with me
  • Have said all along - the first you'll see will be on the OS....simples!
  • Fumbluff said:

Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So is today the day?

No, but maybe today?
    Maybe tomorrow

I’ll want to settle down

Down

Down

Da da da dar

Da da da dar
    Three hours on from first reading this and I still can’t stop singing it in my head, whist picturing the dog moving on to the next town.
    Better than lassie and flipper

And had the best name for a dog ever sorry ray

“London”

That dog was proper always wanted him to turn up in woolwich and live with me
    Maybe tomorrow...
  • Free beer tomorrow
  • Sponsored links:

• Redrobo said:

How do you come to these conclusions regards the opening paragraph?
  • It just showed the Valley protests on SSN but I couldn't hear what was said.
    Went on Twitter & someone said Douchbag has confirmed he won't sell until he knows what division we're in.
    Is this true? Is this what was said? Please tell me it's a wind up.
    FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

Will you break your boycott if he does? Genuine question.
    I will still not attend the home games.

Aways only.
  • I’ve said 15 June all along ... looking more likely by the day.
  • Not surprised in the slightest
  • I think a lot of people are getting really precious about this boycott lark - just bloody go for christs sake. If you dont, its only your (and the teams) loss.
  • Read that as he might keep us if we go up.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!