Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• ross1 said:

Sunderland takeover is at the same stage. Appendix 3, I do not know how many people look into this, but I bet they will look at theirs first

How is this even possible give the new owner still owns another team and has just put it on sale? I did not think you could own 2 teams at once in England.
  • ross1 said:

The longer the sale takes, the less time the new owners and manager will get to get a squad sorted out, unless like RD, they will wait until the last minute of the transfer window and bring in a few free transfers

And on top of that, isn't the transfer window shorter this next year, to boot?
  • edited May 2018

If Roland is getting info fed back to him about the upturn in fans flocking back due to recent results which I am sure he is I feel there is a very good chance he will hold onto us in the Championship.

Bigger crowds, the away end sold out most weeks, TV money, more sponsorship money due to TV coverage, more club shop sales.

Promotion to the Championship is a game changer and we are not dealing with an English, rational owner.

And higher wages which offsets the extra income. The average away turnout in the Championship is 1,500 against 600 in L1. So an extra 900 admissions a game. Say £15k x 23 - £645k. Not a game changer.
    The extra £5m/£6m TV money is the plus but you have to spend it or you end up going down.

Sponsorship is diddly squat. Look at the club’s own accounts which show it unchanged at £1.2m in the Championship and L1. It’s very poor in both. Not a game changer at all.

The club is worth more in the Championship but really only because it is closer to the Premier League.

If Roland is getting info fed back to him about the upturn in fans flocking back due to recent results which I am sure he is I feel there is a very good chance he will hold onto us in the Championship.

Bigger crowds, the away end sold out most weeks, TV money, more sponsorship money due to TV coverage, more club shop sales.

Promotion to the Championship is a game changer and we are not dealing with an English, rational owner.

And higher wages which offsets the extra income. The average away turnout in the Championship is 1,500 against 600 in L1. So an extra 900 admissions a game. Say £15k x 23 - £645k. Not a game changer.
    The extra £5m/£6m TV money is the plus but you have to spend it or you end up going down.

Sponsorship is diddly squat. Look at the club’s own accounts which show it unchanged at £1.2m in the Championship and L1. It’s very poor in both. Not a game changer at all.

The club is worth more in the Championship but really only because it is closer to the Premier League.
    And that’s why he is doing it and has always been why he has not agreed a fee until he knew what league we would be in
  • edited May 2018

Could he not pocket that at the start of next season, then sell at the end of the year?
  • ....or is the £5 to 6 mill paid in instalments?
  • edited May 2018
    If we are being told the truth and there are 2 offers accepted but we are waiting on knowing what league we are in, my guess is that offer A is more lucrative if we are in the Championship and offer B is more lucrative if we are in League 1.

If it is true that fit and proper persons tests have taken place / are taking place then it should be ready to go on 28th May at the latest. And it will either be owned A or owner B.

My money would be on Australians if we remain in League 1 and RH’s bunch if we are promoted.

This is all guesswork
  • Sponsored links:

• I think a lot of people are getting really precious about this boycott lark - just bloody go for christs sake. If you dont, its only your (and the teams) loss.

Disagree entirely.

I think Roland has made it clear the boycotts don't bother him.
    Neither does losing 35 million + It seems.
  • Unless he has got someone else lined up to start talking too already

You can not second guess him
  • Let’s take that Sky article at face value as being correct and then dissect some of the bits in it

‘One is an Australian consortium involving Andrew Muir and at least one former Charlton player’

So has anyone with any insight have any view that that is referring to anyone other than Paul Elliott? Is there any other ex player potentially involved?
  • Let’s take that Sky article at face value as being correct and then dissect some of the bits in it

‘One is an Australian consortium involving Andrew Muir and at least one former Charlton player’

So has anyone with any insight have any view that that is referring to anyone other than Paul Elliott? Is there any other ex player potentially involved?

Mark Aizlewood or Richard Rufus knowing our luck.....
  • clb74 said:

Redrobo said:

Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

You are not going to like the new owners either, you will be worried about their exit strategy, have they got enough money, who is really behind them, why do they really want a football team, have they a hidden agenda, will Bows and JJ be kept on, ......etc etc.

Exciting times! Go with the flow.
    How do you come to these conclusions regards the opening paragraph?
    Because your a miserable c#nt
    Pots and kettles.
  • If Roland is getting info fed back to him about the upturn in fans flocking back due to recent results which I am sure he is I feel there is a very good chance he will hold onto us in the Championship.

If that’s the case there’s little we can do about it. But us and Roland did have a couple of seasons in the above division, he wasted a lot of time and money and pissed many of us off. So he knows what not to do. If he wants to keep us and stay in the championship he needs to assemble a competitive squad and spend a load more money, wisely. If he does assemble a decent competitive squad, great, finally treating the club and football with the respect that it deserves.
    Can’t see it myself though, he’s not interested in us.
  • Addickted said:

Just seen this.

Not sure where Sky are coming from, unless the paperwork from CAFC, being delivered by courier at EFL House in Preston, on Monday was a vol au vent recipe.

This has come from a non Charlton supporting friend, who admittedly works for the EFL in London.

Maybe the Belgian bstd has changed his mind and decided that during that time period he don’t want to go through with it

Or someone else gave him a call and said go up and I will match your asking price
  • Sponsored links:

• This news just means that we are fucked if we go up and we are fucked if we stay down.
    For either eventuality it's likely to be at least another month until any sale, which means another month with nobody making plans, player wise, for either outcome.
  • But Richard Murray said.......

.....put your hands on your head.
    That's what Richard Murray said.
  • clb74 said:

Redrobo said:

Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

You are not going to like the new owners either, you will be worried about their exit strategy, have they got enough money, who is really behind them, why do they really want a football team, have they a hidden agenda, will Bows and JJ be kept on, ......etc etc.

Pots and kettles.
    Snap just said to the wife im getting old.
    Yeah old and f@cking miserable she said
  • Bad timing for an announcement of that kind. We want unity through the club and a good atmosphere through both players and fans leading us onto Wembley.
  • clb74 said:

clb74 said:

Redrobo said:

Pots and kettles.
    Snap just said to the wife im getting old.
    Yeah old and f@cking miserable she said
    I really don't know what she sees in you.
  • That reads like old news to me.

Lee Power
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!