Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• The people interested now are interested in buying a lge 1 club

Go up and it will bring a different interest more people happy to risk one promotion to the promised land

I think thats a given in that when they became interested there wasnt much likelihood of us being anything other than a L1 club.
    When did they become interested?
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

It's not all about you.
    Perhaps not, but he's had more accurate info than anyone else on the thread.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

It's not all about you.
    You'd better check that with Henry.
  • Clicked on this thread with 123 unread posts and I can literally feel the brain cells vacating my head.

So much bickering, and bullshit, and "my takeover dick is bigger than your takeover dick" and then the boycotting back-and-forth - ugh.

But do please carry on, it's very amusing.
  • JamesSeed said:

DOUCHER said:

It's not all about you.
    Like what ? "I guarantee that he'll be gone next season" Well there's a 50/50 chance of that being correct but it hasn't happened yet & with the club website stating for the last few months that the club is for sale it's hardly a sensational piece of info. Apart from that gem what accurate info has he actually come up with ?
  • In no news story ever do they have an actual quote from anyone involved, its pure speculation and guesswork. Takeover could be done tomorrow or in a year and they wouldn't know until its announced by the club/new owners.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    1968CAFC said:

IS THERE NOT A REAL GENUINE (CHARLTON IN THE BLOOD) FAN OUT THERE !!!
    ALL THIS NEGATIVE SHIT ALL THE TIME.

WE HAVE A WONDERFULL CHANCE OF GETTING BACK INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH LEE BOWYER ASSISTED BY JONNIE JACKSON.
    AND SO MANY OF YOU STILL TALK NEGATIVE BOLLOCKS !!

I LOVE OUR CLUB AND MY SON AND I (A 5TH GENERATION CHARLTON FAN) WILL BE AT ROCHDALE TO CHEERS US ON TO VICTORY !!

SUPPORTERS MY F__KING ARSE, ALL THIS NEGATIVE SHIT AND TALK OF BOYCOTTING ETC ETC IS NO GOOD, NOR WILL IT WIN PREMOTION !!

GET BEHIND OUR TEAM OR F__OFF !!

COME ON YOU REDS !!

with this owning us its a negative promotion as we will be straight back down, im not boycotting the final im simply not in the country for it, if people dont want to attend thats up to them, people boycotting care about the club and it is nobodies right to tell other fans how to behave.
  • PaddyP17 said:

Clicked on this thread with 123 unread posts and I can literally feel the brain cells vacating my head.

So much bickering, and bullshit, and "my takeover dick is bigger than your takeover dick" and then the boycotting back-and-forth - ugh.

But do please carry on, it's very amusing.

put something thats worth talking about on the club cricket thread Paddy ...i am bored now ..just want to get to play offs,win them,club sold and lb made permanent ...
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2018
    Really not worth getting het up about it now.

The protests, although making a little dent at the time, have had no significant impact on when this belligerent old chunt will jump!

It may well be costing him a small fortune to stay, but it clearly isn't forcing his hand.

Time to put our effort into getting this club in the best possible position it can be under the circumstances imo.

• 1968CAFC said:

IS THERE NOT A REAL GENUINE (CHARLTON IN THE BLOOD) FAN OUT THERE !!!
    ALL THIS NEGATIVE SHIT ALL THE TIME.

WE HAVE A WONDERFULL CHANCE OF GETTING BACK INTO THE CHAMPIONSHIP WITH LEE BOWYER ASSISTED BY JONNIE JACKSON.
    AND SO MANY OF YOU STILL TALK NEGATIVE BOLLOCKS !!

I LOVE OUR CLUB AND MY SON AND I (A 5TH GENERATION CHARLTON FAN) WILL BE AT ROCHDALE TO CHEERS US ON TO VICTORY !!

SUPPORTERS MY F__KING ARSE, ALL THIS NEGATIVE SHIT AND TALK OF BOYCOTTING ETC ETC IS NO GOOD, NOR WILL IT WIN PREMOTION !!

GET BEHIND OUR TEAM OR F__OFF !!

COME ON YOU REDS !!

This is passion. Please take note.
  • The further delays are all a little bizarre, given that:

- a price variation in the event of promotion could easily be incorporated (just like the £4million reduction that Duchatelet agreed in January 2014 in the event of relegation that season); and

-whilst the ongoing finances will receive a boost with promotion, CAFC will still lose a very considerable sum each year.

There must be other factors in play but, quite frankly, it’s all speculation and we just need to concentrate on the job in hand and the great job that Lee Bowyer and Jacko are doing. I managed to stay off this thread for several weeks and shall have a word with myself not to lapse again until the season is done and dusted.
  • Forget the takeover. Support the team in our push for the playoffs. The sooner we get back the the Championship the better. RD will be gone soon enough.
  • I am not in the know and neither do I claim to be. My hunch and has always been (particularly of late) is that RD is waiting to see what Div we are in before he sells. I think he will be gone this summer whatever happens. If it is Div 1 then the sale will shortly take place. If it is the Championship then it will be at the price they agreed (if we won promotion). A) If we get promotion RD is NOT going to invest in the team, so won't be around long. He will see it as some kind of "Victory" in that he left us at the same stage as when we he bought us, The squad won't be good enough to stay up and with no investment we can only go down and true value of club drops. He won't risk that....

For the 1st time in 2yrs I bought a season ticket based on the above plus having watched Bowyer and Jacko with Charlton I thought, if we are promoted then it's £390 a season ticket whoever owns us and what Division we are in doesn't matter as watching the team play against Plymouth and Blackburn it got my mojo back. It was the like the old days, singing and chanting and enjoying my football team play and do their best with decent tactics. With Bow and Jacko I am enjoying the games again. Who would have thought I would be singing "Lee Bowyer's red and white army" years after his smashing up McDonalds late at night.

• I would not click on that shit stain of a web site if there was, fekking awful site to navigate and avoid ads coming at you from all angles..
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!