Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Let’s take that Sky article at face value as being correct and then dissect some of the bits in it

‘One is an Australian consortium involving Andrew Muir and at least one former Charlton player’

So has anyone with any insight have any view that that is referring to anyone other than Paul Elliott? Is there any other ex player potentially involved?

What's Andy Petterson up to these days?

• Croydon said:

Bad timing for an announcement of that kind. We want unity through the club and a good atmosphere through both players and fans leading us onto Wembley.

Wasn't an announcement so don't worry - no quotes from club or either consortium. All from "sky sources" - it's just sky stirring the pot a bit because they have a game to promote for Saturday, and then it also gives them a narrative to push for our televised play-off games as well.
    Valid point! Hadn’t thought about that.

• Croydon said:

Bad timing for an announcement of that kind. We want unity through the club and a good atmosphere through both players and fans leading us onto Wembley.

Wasn't an announcement so don't worry - no quotes from club or either consortium. All from "sky sources" - it's just sky stirring the pot a bit because they have a game to promote for Saturday, and then it also gives them a narrative to push for our televised play-off games as well.
    Can’t see too many people other than Addicks giving a toss to be honest.

• Croydon said:

They've got to have something for the pundits to speculate about though haven't they - I doubt anyone other than Addicks give a toss about the story they put out today as well but that hasn't stopped them publishing it has it?
  • It’s going to pretty sparse speculation based on that outdated article.
  • Not surprised by that really. It's much like selling a house... one that's in Bermondsey is far less expensive than one that's in Greenwich.

...and also if that house had the ability to up sticks and move? ;)

But yeah I agree with you and Davo and others who have made the point. A few weeks ago I'd resigned myself to the fact that it wouldn't be until the end of the season. It's unfortunate because new owners will have less time to develop a strategy for the summer and next season (I really, really, really hope we keep Steve Gallon, he seems to have done excellent work), but it's a tournament year which means a lot of transfer business will be delayed until after the World Cup, which gives them a little grace period.
  • It’s going to pretty sparse speculation based on that outdated article.

This is Sky we are talking about.... Reuters they ain't.
  • Sponsored links:

• Croydon said:

They've got to have something for the pundits to speculate about though haven't they - I doubt anyone other than Addicks give a toss about the story they put out today as well but that hasn't stopped them publishing it has it?
    Not a bad shout , I’m fully expecting Karl robinson to be in the studio if/when charlton play off games are televised!
  • sammy391 said:

Croydon said:

Not a bad shout , I’m fully expecting Karl robinson to be in the studio if/when charlton play off games are televised!
    Car-park correspondent more his style surely...
  • Croydon said:

luckily, in spite of Rowland, most of the fans and players are in unity thanks to Bower and Jackson and don't think it will have any impact on the play offs.

• Without a doubt it will be Powell if we make the playoffs
  • As someone who thought @DOUCHER got a foolishly rough ride on here, I hope he calls it right. A lot of stick he got seemed to stem from not saying what people wanted to hear. But he and NLA seem to have read the tea leaves correctly.

I think you’ll find @DOUCHER is the poster of choice on this thread from team mod

The official mods anyway. Not quite sure who the 2 wanabees @Dazzler21 and @i_b_b_o_r_g are backing
  • Nug said:

I think a lot of people are getting really precious about this boycott lark - just bloody go for christs sake. If you dont, its only your (and the teams) loss.

Disagree entirely.

Dont know about everyone else, but i'm really bored with people coming on here and saying they are still boycotting - come on here and say you are breaking your boycott and supporting the team else dont come on here at all.
    Had enough of all the negative shit.
    Why not let people make their own minds up instead of expecting them to fall in line with you.
    Because, at this point in time, it doesnt benefit the team. Most fans dont give a toss if people are boycotting or not any more - they just want the team to win the next 4 games - we dont need any more negative shit on here, we dont need precious people coming on here saying they are still boycotting and almost glorifying it as 'wow, look how big i am, i'm still boycotting'- who gives a toss anymore? - go and do your shopping in Bluewater, go and see Buxton versus bleedin Biggleswade instead of going to The Valley- who gives a toss ? but dont come on here bigging it up as if you're doing us a favour - you're not and you're definitely not helping the team.
    I'm boycotting still ........... & just look how big I am. I'm spending too much time in the pub on a saturday instead of going to the game. Fizzy beer really piles the pounds on the hips. Must get out more & go shopping.
  • Charlton v Rotherham playoff final. Get Super Clive in the studio.
  • Chrispy51 said:

If we are being told the truth and there are 2 offers accepted but we are waiting on knowing what league we are in, my guess is that offer A is more lucrative if we are in the Championship and offer B is more lucrative if we are in League 1.

If it is true that fit and proper persons tests have taken place / are taking place then it should be ready to go on 28th May at the latest. And it will either be owned A or owner B.

My money would be on Australians if we remain in Reague 1 and RH’s bunch if we are promoted.

This is all guesswork

My hunch is that you are probably right but i don't believe RH's 'lot' come into the equation
  • Sponsored links:

• DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

Ok clever clogs.
    When we know what season we will be in next season are you saying that a takeover will happen.

Or will it still drag on and on.

Get this right and I might start believing in you.
    You won't, you'll just think i got lucky.

As someone who thought @DOUCHER got a foolishly rough ride on here, I hope he calls it right. A lot of stick he got seemed to stem from not saying what people wanted to hear. But he and NLA seem to have read the tea leaves correctly.

correct although i know it will happen in the summer, NLA thinks it may not
  • cabbles said:

As someone who thought @DOUCHER got a foolishly rough ride on here, I hope he calls it right. A lot of stick he got seemed to stem from not saying what people wanted to hear. But he and NLA seem to have read the tea leaves correctly.

I think you’ll find @DOUCHER is the poster of choice on this thread from team mod

The official mods anyway. Not quite sure who the 2 wanabees @Dazzler21 and @i_b_b_o_r_g are backing
    Yeah, Team Doucher an all
  • DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

It’s about time admin had a good word with you pal!
    and may i suggest its about time you had a word with yourself
  • edited May 2018
    It's looking more and more likely that we'll reach 1,000 pages.
  • Oh great, 1001 Arabian nights it ain’t.

Well the campervan is ready for the trip to Rochdale away with the lad over the bank holiday weekend, and then?

Always fancied the idea of a trip to Limburg, here there are some lovely little towns around there. Any recommendations for good places to visit gratefully received :wink:
  • Got to be Maastricht.

Just to make you realise that politics is more boring than football.
  • I think a lot of people are getting really precious about this boycott lark - just bloody go for christs sake. If you dont, its only your (and the teams) loss.

Disagree entirely.

Dont know about everyone else, but i'm really bored with people coming on here and saying they are still boycotting - come on here and say you are breaking your boycott and supporting the team else dont come on here at all.
    Had enough of all the negative shit.
    Boring.
  • RobRob
    edited May 2018
    It makes sense that someone as business savvy as RD would wait until he knows what division we'll be in next season. Elementary I would say. Equally so, the buyers will be just as savvy, so stalemate I think until next season's status is resolved.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!