Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Can anyone explain what a contract race actually is? A race suggests to me that it's about whoever gets it done fastest but that conflicts with the story that nothing will be done until after the play-offs? Did the story mean to say bidding war rather than contract race?
  • J BLOCK said:

Read that as he might keep us if we go up.

How?!?!?
  • J BLOCK said:

Doubt it, he will just want more money.
  • J BLOCK said:

How?!?!?
    Why? Unless he’s going to commit funds to get into the Prem, he’s still going to be losing money every month. More likely he’ll reopen the bidding as well be one step closer to the Prem and he’ll see that as a way to up the price. TBH that what I’d do if I was the seller, just in case Championship status flushed out more potential buyers
  • Absolute bastard timed the announcement after our last home game. Some sort of protest at the Home playoff game surely.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dansk_Red said:

According to Bexley Boy the Sky news article is fake news.

Good old Colin. I know who I believe
  • He has to die eventually....
  • Really hope the article is fake, and based on what Bexleyheath boy AND airman have said , it could be old news!

Fingers crossed!
  • Sage said:

To be fair, I open this thread daily just because it’s now so full of rubbish it’s actually become entertaining :joy:

You've only just noticed?!
  • A weird bit of phrasing, that makes it sound like the two sets of lawyers are competing to see who can finish the documentation first!
    J BLOCK said:

Not really.

Price A if we stay down
    Price B if we go up

Not sure why they can't just have a conditional clause that states that if we go up, an additional payment of £5m (or whatever) is made.

Duchatelet bought Charlton at a price based on what division we are in.

Wtf he cannot sell this way is a mystery.
  • I think a lot of people are getting really precious about this boycott lark - just bloody go for christs sake. If you dont, its only your (and the teams) loss.

Disagree entirely.

I think Roland has made it clear the boycotts don't bother him.
  • All together now "....maybe tomorrow...."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFGtRKx4ypY
  • This is so bleedin' obvious. Didn't they think this might happen!? Could they not have agreed a price in advance based on League One and Championship outcomes? Jeez it's blatantly pathetic.

Still, it's something else to look forward to after promotion ; - )
  • Sponsored links:

• I dislike RD as much as the next man/woman but I can understand why he'd prefer to do a deal completing with actual cash rather than contingent cash. Hopefully it will be very soon after our fate is known.
  • I dislike RD as much as the next man/woman but I can understand why he'd prefer to do a deal completing with actual cash rather than contingent cash. Hopefully it will be very soon after our fate is known.

Hopefully not too soon then....if we lose 6 nil against Rochdale that will seal our fate...
  • DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

Ok clever clogs.
    When we know what season we will be in next season are you saying that a takeover will happen.

Or will it still drag on and on.

Get this right and I might start believing in you.
  • Wouldn't be the first time Sky Sports have spread fake news. Can remember a couple of my Brighton supporting mates thought all their Christmases came at once on Christmas Day when it was reported they had agreed a deal with Celtic for Mousa Dembele.

Disappeared and then reappeared a bit later on saying they were in talks.
  • Stop biting and he won’t keep posting the same thing. Simple really.
  • If his team get promotion less likely to be a sale?
  • If this is true then he has potentially ruined next season as well, with the transfer window shortened every day counts. New owners will need time to bed in and implement their strategy, including a list of targets.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!