Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Stig said:

700...phew. I can stop biting my nails and re-arrange my pens now.

Rapidly approaching 701 which is surely going to be a bugger; an odd number where every digit is a prime, ouch.
    Hate to say but neither 0 or 1 are prime numbers.
  • Sunderland takeover is at the same stage. Appendix 3, I do not know how many people look into this, but I bet they will look at theirs first
  • ross1 said:

Sunderland takeover is at the same stage. Appendix 3, I do not know how many people look into this, but I bet they will look at theirs first

Do we know for a fact that this is actually happening though (in the case of Charlton)?
  • edited May 2018
    I remember when I asked around page 450 if this thread could ever possibly reach 600!

Now I am wondering if it will reach 1000.
  • I remember when I asked around page 450 if this thread could ever possibly reach 600!

Now I am wondering if it will reach 1000.

Fifty a month so far. So, if there's still no sale by then, expect page 1,000 around Christmas.
  • ross1 said:

Sunderland takeover is at the same stage. Appendix 3, I do not know how many people look into this, but I bet they will look at theirs first

Perhaps we’re being taken over by Sunderland?
  • SSN: Sunderland new owner is hoping Appendix 3 will be completed before their home game on Sunday
  • ross1 said:

SSN: Sunderland new owner is hoping Appendix 3 will be completed before their home game on Sunday

No probs.

Monday will do for us.
  • Someone please close this thread and put us out of our misery.
  • I wonder if our new owners may actually delay any news until the playoffs are complete in case it distracts from anything.
  • Sponsored links:

• I wonder if our new owners may actually delay any news until the playoffs are complete in case it distracts from anything.

Nothing is more distracting than playing under Roly. They might think impressing the new owners and getting a new contract is the way to go.
  • I still don't understand what will happen to the dept(s) that has been carried over for the last few owners?

Can someone please explain in really simple terms?

Tyia

They stay exactly where they are unless cash from somewhere is used to repay them or they are written off by the creditors. Nothing changes purely as a result of a different person controlling a majority of shares - the debt is owed by the company, not the owner.

Depends on whether the lender (former Directors) have a change of control clause in their loans. If they do they would have a veto on change of control (ie ownership) unless their loans were paid down in full...
  • ross1 said:

That's because Sunderland's isn't a figment of this thread's imagination ;)
  • ross1 said:

SSN: Sunderland new owner is hoping Appendix 3 will be completed before their home game on Sunday

So, what I don't understand is if Sunderland have have made this news public then why can't Charlton make a statement even if they don't want to give away the name of the new owner??.

• To be fair, I open this thread daily just because it’s now so full of rubbish it’s actually become entertaining :joy:
  • ross1 said:

So, what I don't understand is if Sunderland have have made this news public then why can't Charlton make a statement even if they don't want to give away the name of the new owner??.

That would absolutely put an end to all speculation wouldn't it?

"Charlton Athletic have today formalised and finalised the takeover of the club and its real estate portfolio, including the freehold of The Valley; and the training facilities and Academy known as Sparrows Lane.

The deal ends the formal ownership of the club by its previous shareholder Roland Duchatalet.

Details of team management appointments, the strategic direction of the club, its player development and recruitment policies, associated sponsorship agreements, kit designs, pre-season tours, season ticket prices, fan incentive packages, catering changes and development of a full-time "pot-hole realignment directive" will be published by the new owners.

But we don't want to say who they are yet".
  • Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

You are not going to like the new owners either, you will be worried about their exit strategy, have they got enough money, who is really behind them, why do they really want a football team, have they a hidden agenda, will Bows and JJ be kept on, ......etc etc.

Exciting times! Go with the flow.
  • Chizz said:

ross1 said:

That would absolutely put an end to all speculation wouldn't it?

"Charlton Athletic have today formalised and finalised the takeover of the club and its real estate portfolio, including the freehold of The Valley; and the training facilities and Academy known as Sparrows Lane.

The deal ends the formal ownership of the club by its previous shareholder Roland Duchatalet.

Details of team management appointments, the strategic direction of the club, its player development and recruitment policies, associated sponsorship agreements, kit designs, pre-season tours, season ticket prices, fan incentive packages, catering changes and development of a full-time "pot-hole realignment directive" will be published by the new owners.

But we don't want to say who they are yet".
    This does puzzle me too if the deal has been done. I could understand if the Rochdale game was the nail biter it could have been - that off pitch distractions are not a good idea but surely there will be an announcement at some point - possibly in the middle of the play offs. Surely now is a good time.

Will you break your boycott if he does? Genuine question.
  • Scoham said:

So is today the day?

No, but maybe today?
  • Scoham said:

Scoham said:

So is today the day?

No, but maybe today?
    Maybe tomorrow

I’ll want to settle down

Down

Down

Until tomorrow, I just keep moving on

Da da da dar

Da da da dar
  • cfgs said:

Where does the partnership with Valencia stand in all of this?

And does that effect the Inter Milan deal?
    And the crown paints cup match v Welling
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!