Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• Can the Aussies afford a championship club?
  • DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

TBF doucher

There were many people myself included that said this back in October when it was being touted as imminent

That was not based on inside info just common sense

Charlton in the championship would bring people to the table that may not be there right now

So it wasn’t about agreeing the deal with aussies or Saudi’s or Brits based based on a promotion raised sales price

As I have always said RD does not have to sell us he is rich enough ignorant enough and arrogant enough to risk people walking away

It was my biggest fear that RD won’t sell this season and will wait and see

I genuinely think if we go up he won’t sell at all and that he will invest in the playing staff and go for it , if it looks like it won’t work he will sell next December

False dawns

Zabeel

We have been here before the most noise comes from the fans nothing coming from the club except false and fake news to make certain posters on here and other sites look stupid and damage their reputation just because they have pissed him off and others at the club

Focus on the football enjoy Saturday and let’s hope we get 3 more games and then go up as that is the aim of Charlton surely

If we don’t go up he will sell in the summer I don’t doubt that but for me it’s promotion as the priority then sell

• Pity. I was looking forward to going to the play off home leg.

Not a fcuking prayer that I'll go before he does.

• I think Sky are a bit outdated with their information tbh. Rehashed article because we're on TV this week. Wouldn't surprise me if Roland is waiting on the TV money over the next few weeks but surely they can agree a price with add-ons if we were to get promoted.
  • J BLOCK said:

Read that as he might keep us if we go up.

How?!?!?
    Why does promotion matter, you set clauses into the deal that gives you X amount if we go up. If we go up, he’ll keep us he’s one step closer to the lottery win which is premier league money. He’s stumbled upon a winning formula in Bowyer, I have no doubt he’ll hang onto us for at least one season in champ.
  • The people interested now are interested in buying a lge 1 club

Go up and it will bring a different interest more people happy to risk one promotion to the promised land

• The people interested now are interested in buying a lge 1 club

Go up and it will bring a different interest more people happy to risk one promotion to the promised land

I think thats a given in that when they became interested there wasnt much likelihood of us being anything other than a L1 club.
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Sky are a bit outdated with their information tbh. Rehashed article because we're on TV this week. Wouldn't surprise me if Roland is waiting on the TV money over the next few weeks but surely they can agree a price with add-ons if we were to get promoted.

He is hoping he will get the money from Wembley as well
  • Exacty president

It’s not rocket science or based on inside info the longer that both parties took on getting formal offers in and accepted I was worried that RD won’t sell up this season

If I was him I would not
  • He has to die eventually....

Who.....Colin?
  • Old news.....I don’t follow?
  • Redrobo said:

Still convinced Duchatelet will retain an interest in The Valley once the deal is completed.

You are not going to like the new owners either, you will be worried about their exit strategy, have they got enough money, who is really behind them, why do they really want a football team, have they a hidden agenda, will Bows and JJ be kept on, ......etc etc.

Exciting times! Go with the flow.
    How do you come to these conclusions regards the opening paragraph?
    Because your a miserable c#nt
  • DOUCHER said:

One of these days u will realise if u had all listened to me from the off u would have saved yourselves a lot of unnecessary sweating and getting worked up about imminent takeover dates - once the division next season is known!!! - even sky have fallen into line with me now

It’s about time admin had a good word with you pal!
  • I think a lot of people are getting really precious about this boycott lark - just bloody go for christs sake. If you dont, its only your (and the teams) loss.

Disagree entirely.

Dont know about everyone else, but i'm really bored with people coming on here and saying they are still boycotting - come on here and say you are breaking your boycott and supporting the team else dont come on here at all.
    Had enough of all the negative shit.
    You're sounding like one of the anti-protest gang, which is odd considering your role in them.
  • sammy391 said:

Really hope the article is fake, and based on what Bexleyheath boy AND airman have said , it could be old news!

Fingers crossed!

Definitely looks like old news and rumours gleaned from scanning message boards.

• Sponsored links:

• Not surprised by that really. It's much like selling a house... one that's in Bermondsey is far less expensive than one that's in Greenwich.
  • PS great question for bumping up the posts, giving the false impression that something might be happening :wink:
  • The longer the sale takes, the less time the new owners and manager will get to get a squad sorted out, unless like RD, they will wait until the last minute of the transfer window and bring in a few free transfers
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!