Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2018
    bobmunro said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:
    Who is he
    ex-director, one with loans that at some point need to be paid

He also inexplicably sold the plot of land next to The Sam Bartram entrance for property development, making any future East Stand development plans virtually impossible!
    Was that sale anything to do (coincidently!) with one of his own property development companies?
    Not sure about that bob......but I think I am right in saying he did offer it to us but at the time money was very tight and we were unwilling to cough up.
    Which ever way one looks at it, it was a very very sad day and a decision by both the club and Whitehand that may well in the future bite us severely in the arse.
    Maybe Airman can refresh us with a better summary of what (and when), actually took place.
    I’m pretty certain he lost a shed load of money in the Spanish property collapse of a few years back, which may well have prompted him having to sell when he did?
  • edited May 2018

bobmunro said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:
    Who is he

He also inexplicably sold the plot of land next to The Sam Bartram entrance for property development, making any future East Stand development plans virtually impossible!
    Was that sale anything to do (coincidently!) with one of his own property development companies?
    Not sure about that bob......but I think I am right in saying he did offer it to us but at the time money was very tight and we were unwilling to cough up.
    Which ever way one looks at it, it was a very very sad day and a decision by both the club and Whitehand that may well in the future bite us severely in the arse.
    Maybe Airman can refresh us with a better summary of what (and when), actually took place.
    Story I heard was that Bob W looked at that land and didn’t believe it had development potential - but that could be a version of didn’t want to proceed for other reasons. There was a plan to sell various assets to directors but it was abandoned I think because of the 2009 loans - the famous £7m. My timeline might be out on that though.

The house in Lansdowne Mews was acquired in 1998 and sold in 2010. That was critical land for the east stand and SE corner, both spectator access and viable construction methodology without affecting the pitch during the season.

What caught the staff out was the sale of the adjacent disabled parking - nobody on site knew until the new owner started using it. The deal was done at the end of Steve Waggott’s tenure in 2010 so the assumption is he knew, but never told the SMT. Steve Kavanagh wasn’t a director at that point, Peter Varney had gone.

Mick Everett was left trying to chase off the developer so the disabled parking could operate until it came to light the club had sold the land to him. Complete farce.
  • If the club is sold, let's say tomorrow? Doesn't that mean Vetokele is a Charlton player?
  • If the club is sold, let's say tomorrow? Doesn't that mean Vetokele is a Charlton player?

Bet he can't wait to get back. Doesn't seem like he's performed that well at St Truiden so doubt they'll want to sign him.

One year left on his contract.
    No way will he play league one.
    Loaned out next season then released.
  • That would make sense as surely otherwise a sale would have been pushed through. I think he may be a decent option next season!
  • Shots fired
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Bob and Prague need to take this to Makros

5/6 each of two - all in run or not!!
  • edited May 2018

bobmunro said:

J BLOCK said:

Scoham said:
    Who is he

Story I heard was that Bob W looked at that land and didn’t believe it had development potential - but that could be a version of didn’t want to proceed for other reasons. There was a plan to sell various assets to directors but it was abandoned I think because of the 2009 loans - the famous £7m. My timeline might be out on that though.

The house in Lansdowne Mews was acquired in 1998 and sold in 2010. That was critical land for the east stand and SE corner, both spectator access and viable construction methodology without affecting the pitch during the season.

Mick Everett was left trying to chase off the developer so the disabled parking could operate until it came to light the club had sold the land to him. Complete farce.
    The day it happened, the new owners hired a couple of bully boys to stop disabled fans parking there or be charged a tenner. Some listened, some didn’t.

Mick did a good job, but basically the disabled parking was lost.
  • It just goes to prove they all read the number one site.

Probably because of my contribution on the Roland out thread
  • It just goes to prove they all read the number one site.

Probably because of my contribution on the Roland out thread
    And still no promote
  • We were told last year that Roland was selling all his clubs, but as far as I can see he's only sold St Truiden. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
  • Well if he reads the thread, he knows exactly why I called him a ****.

It's true, what I wrote though, isn't it Bob?
  • Sponsored links:

• Did Bob read it himself or was he told by a pal/family member that posts on here?

If it was the latter, who was it?
  • Brexit Bob i like him already
  • .....and lend my a bullseye, I pay it back when I got it

• bobmunro said:

I am going to state something very obvious but could be quite significant?

I don't think its a coincidence they are all wearing Charlton ties? (red and white)

Something is definetly about to happen.. with the public showing at the home game, and the red ties sitting in the directors box at Shrewsbury.

I think the time has come, hopefully this week... maybe already has. just waiting for EFL to do fit and proper and bob's your uncle prehaps?

Murphy isn’t wearing a Charlton tie.
    Neither is the mystery man, or Bernie. Not sure Murray is either unless there's a special tie for former Chairmen?
    I think that is a Charlton tie

I only wear the away tie
    I only wear the CARD black and white protest tie to matches
  • edited May 2018
    In all honesty, if that was you only dealing with him your comment seems OTT to me, to put in a public forum. He may well have simply forgot.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!