Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• razil said:

I know they’re both adults just not sure this should carry on in full view now

You're right. Sorry for the diversion. But at least now we know Bob's a Lifer, I'm sure everyone would really be pleased if he could explain his tweet which kicked it all off.

FWIW, I've heard this morning from other decent sources that the rumours regarding the structure of the deal (landlease, cut on transfers and funding via share issue) have no credibility. Which seems like good news to me.

There is conflicting information, some of it anecdotal, but I was also told that it is a “clean” deal - and that is the only way (lease element) it can be completed without the ex-directors.
    Are your sources @Airman Brown not willing to reveal why it’s taking so long to get over the line?

If it’s now true that it is the Aussies, then surely that’s not giving anything away?
  • razil said:

You're right. Sorry for the diversion. But at least now we know Bob's a Lifer, I'm sure everyone would really be pleased if he could explain his tweet which kicked it all off.

FWIW, I've heard this morning from other decent sources that the rumours regarding the structure of the deal (landlease, cut on transfers and funding via share issue) have no credibility. Which seems like good news to me.

There is conflicting information, some of it anecdotal, but I was also told that it is a “clean” deal - and that is the only way (lease element) it can be completed without the ex-directors.
    Are your sources @Airman Brown not willing to reveal why it’s taking so long to get over the line?

If it’s now true that it is the Aussies, then surely that’s not giving anything away?
    he's said in the past that roland has been having pangs of paranoia that peter varney is involved in one of, if not some of the bids. That's the reason for the delay.
  • razil said:

Being favorites for the take-over for so long, then turning up in Charton scarves and ties for the playoffs, if that's not giving anything away then I dont know what is. As I see it it's a done deal, apart from the announcement.
  • Mal said:

razil said:

Being favorites for the take-over for so long, then turning up in Charton scarves and ties for the playoffs, if that's not giving anything away then I dont know what is. As I see it it's a done deal, apart from the announcement.
    If its a done deal why not now announce it?
    Could be for many reasons - EFL doing the Fit and Proper, tying up loose ends of changeover, exact payment methods to Roland etc, a lot we wouldnt know about I guess, Airman Brown would know more of that then me. It would be a stupid move to show up in club colours suddenly after hiding from limelight for so long, and then be told it was a false dawn.
  • I think the only sticking point left is how much Roland gets for the increase in season tickets sales after he's left.
  • Sponsored links:

• CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:
    Lol, i made this a couple of years ago
    Great artwork. You are very talented
  • cafc-west said:

Missed It said:

razil said:

he's said in the past that roland has been having pangs of paranoia that peter varney is involved in one of, if not some of the bids. That's the reason for the delay.

And that's all down to the poison Murray had been dripping in the ears of Daisy and Roland. Why anybody would consider letting this guy stick around after a takeover is beyond me. Richard Murray's best interest and Charlton's best interest have not been the same thing for long time now.
    I think this is all supposition. We don't know this to be facts. Not defending Murray but we have never really heard his side. He will largely only be able to repeat what Meire and Duchatelet told him or gave him permission to release. He's not an employee or there all the time. He has been the middle man to some extents. If he had not been there - things could, conceivably , have been even worse. But I (and I suspect) most of us don't know the true facts. Would like to hear his side of the story, if we ever will, when RD has gone.
    It's come from Belgium 20 who are often wrong.
  • edited May 2018

One word for this whole takeover saga.......farce!!!

Greenhithe, after 742 pages please don't tell me that you've only just come to that conclusion?
  • Missed It said:

I think it's a completely reasonable assertion to make. Roland didn't know Varney from a whole a hole in the ground when he first bought Charlton, even when Varney first approached regarding a sale he didn't seem to have a clue. Now he lives in everlasting fear of Varney's involvement with the club AFTER he's sold it? WTF is that all about? The only person who would be worried about that is someone who still plans on being here after Roland is gone, and we all know who that is.

Agree with this.
  • Missed It said:

I think it's a completely reasonable assertion to make. Roland didn't know Varney from a whole a hole in the ground when he first bought Charlton, even when Varney first approached regarding a sale he didn't seem to have a clue. Now he lives in everlasting fear of Varney's involvement with the club AFTER he's sold it? WTF is that all about? The only person who would be worried about that is someone who still plans on being here after Roland is gone, and we all know who that is.

RICHARD MURRAY

• If its a done deal why not now announce it?

Waiting until the weekend to upstage the Royal wedding.

What wedding?

• Sponsored links:

• razil said:

Airman, can I just check that I understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that the ex-directors are looking after the interests of the club by blocking any deal that would give Duchatelet any level of control over the club or income from the club post-sale?
  • Stig said:

razil said:

Airman, can I just check that I understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that the ex-directors are looking after the interests of the club by blocking any deal that would give Duchatelet any level of control over the club or income from the club post-sale?
    I

I think I’m right in saying it only needs one of them to do that in order to scupper any thoughts in that direction i.e. they all have to be in agreement.

• Soon. Very soon.

One could say imminent. :wink:

Down to EFL is still my understanding (though @Airman Brown has sources that say different for sure).

The flag will be the announcement of the Sunderland takeover which is also with the EFL.

Not saying it is with regard Charlton, but a recent/current change of ownership had issues over the terminology 'conviction'. I assume it can mean slightly different things outside the UK.
  • edited May 2018
    Addickted said:

Soon. Very soon.

One could say imminent. :wink:

Down to EFL is still my understanding (though @Airman Brown has sources that say different for sure).

The flag will be the announcement of the Sunderland takeover which is also with the EFL.

Not saying it is with regard Charlton, but a recent/current change of ownership had issues over the terminology 'conviction'. I assume it can mean slightly different things outside the UK.

The EFL info I had was current when we discussed it at Rochdale - no reason to think it is now.
  • shirty5 said:

CAFCsayer said:

shirty5 said:
    Lol, i made this a couple of years ago
    Great artwork. You are very talented
    I say made it... I cut rolands head off a cartoon and changed the writing on the whiteboard
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!