Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Takeover Thread - Duchatelet Finally Sells (Jan 2020)

Comments

• edited May 2018
    Let's all sing together:

Bollocks to Roland
    The evil old scrote
    He's fucked us like others
    Left nothing of note
    We hope to be rid of him any time soon
    Just leave us and fuck off you Moro is loon.

And hope not to se
    J BLOCK said:

cafc-west said:

Missed It said:

razil said:

I know they’re both adults just not sure this should carry on in full view now

You're right. Sorry for the diversion. But at least now we know Bob's a Lifer, I'm sure everyone would really be pleased if he could explain his tweet which kicked it all off.

FWIW, I've heard this morning from other decent sources that the rumours regarding the structure of the deal (landlease, cut on transfers and funding via share issue) have no credibility. Which seems like good news to me.

There is conflicting information, some of it anecdotal, but I was also told that it is a “clean” deal - and that is the only way (lease element) it can be completed without the ex-directors.
    Are your sources @Airman Brown not willing to reveal why it’s taking so long to get over the line?

If it’s now true that it is the Aussies, then surely that’s not giving anything away?
    he's said in the past that roland has been having pangs of paranoia that peter varney is involved in one of, if not some of the bids. That's the reason for the delay.

And that's all down to the poison Murray had been dripping in the ears of Daisy and Roland. Why anybody would consider letting this guy stick around after a takeover is beyond me. Richard Murray's best interest and Charlton's best interest have not been the same thing for long time now.
    I think this is all supposition. We don't know this to be facts. Not defending Murray but we have never really heard his side. He will largely only be able to repeat what Meire and Duchatelet told him or gave him permission to release. He's not an employee or there all the time. He has been the middle man to some extents. If he had not been there - things could, conceivably , have been even worse. But I (and I suspect) most of us don't know the true facts. Would like to hear his side of the story, if we ever will, when RD has gone.
    It's come from Belgium 20 twitter account which can get a bit exuberant at times but is generally well sourced and well meaning.
    Fixed that for you.
  • RD accusing others of taking money out of the club. Pot. Kettle.
  • cafc-west said:

Missed It said:

razil said:

You're right. Sorry for the diversion. But at least now we know Bob's a Lifer, I'm sure everyone would really be pleased if he could explain his tweet which kicked it all off.

FWIW, I've heard this morning from other decent sources that the rumours regarding the structure of the deal (landlease, cut on transfers and funding via share issue) have no credibility. Which seems like good news to me.

There is conflicting information, some of it anecdotal, but I was also told that it is a “clean” deal - and that is the only way (lease element) it can be completed without the ex-directors.
    Are your sources @Airman Brown not willing to reveal why it’s taking so long to get over the line?

If it’s now true that it is the Aussies, then surely that’s not giving anything away?
    he's said in the past that roland has been having pangs of paranoia that peter varney is involved in one of, if not some of the bids. That's the reason for the delay.

And that's all down to the poison Murray had been dripping in the ears of Daisy and Roland. Why anybody would consider letting this guy stick around after a takeover is beyond me. Richard Murray's best interest and Charlton's best interest have not been the same thing for long time now.
    I think this is all supposition. We don't know this to be facts. Not defending Murray but we have never really heard his side. He will largely only be able to repeat what Meire and Duchatelet told him or gave him permission to release. He's not an employee or there all the time. He has been the middle man to some extents. If he had not been there - things could, conceivably , have been even worse. But I (and I suspect) most of us don't know the true facts. Would like to hear his side of the story, if we ever will, when RD has gone.
    We’ve heard nothing but his side, which he went out of his way to share by whispering about Varney to fans, but only rarely on the record. He lied about Kavanagh at the Bromley meeting in 2013 and was called out by Wendy Perfect to his face at the time.

RD believes Varney organised the protests and that Varney stole money from the club - which he has told fans - and no doubt the same lie has already been put to the Australians.
    "Stole money from the club"??? That is a slanderous accusation and if he is unable to prove it , said statement could leave him facing very serious legal ramifications!

• Once we know what division we are in, at the end of next season, the deal will be finalised

Christ, I can't take another season of this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• razil said:

Why would Roland give a toss about Varney?

Someone else might but has nothing to sell.
  • Addickted said:

Soon. Very soon.

One could say imminent. :wink:

Down to EFL is still my understanding (though @Airman Brown has sources that say different for sure).

The flag will be the announcement of the Sunderland takeover which is also with the EFL.

Not saying it is with regard Charlton, but a recent/current change of ownership had issues over the terminology 'conviction'. I assume it can mean slightly different things outside the UK.

If Australians are involved.....
  • edited May 2018
    Mal said:

razil said:

Being favorites for the take-over for so long, then turning up in Charton scarves and ties for the playoffs, if that's not giving anything away then I dont know what is. As I see it it's a done deal, apart from the announcement.
    The point is they're not announcing it are they, so clearly something holding things up, what is it?
  • Sponsored links:

• addick05 said:

cafc-west said:

Missed It said:

razil said:

We’ve heard nothing but his side, which he went out of his way to share by whispering about Varney to fans, but only rarely on the record. He lied about Kavanagh at the Bromley meeting in 2013 and was called out by Wendy Perfect to his face at the time.

RD believes Varney organised the protests and that Varney stole money from the club - which he has told fans - and no doubt the same lie has already been put to the Australians.
    "Stole money from the club"??? That is a slanderous accusation and if he is unable to prove it , said statement could leave him facing very serious legal ramifications!

Personally, I think Roland has conflated Varney with Tony Fernandez and his shenanigans. Daisy had the wrong end of the stick, then passed it Roland. The old duffer thought Chris Powell was called Bart, it's not hard to believe he's got everything arse-about-face.

It's easy to let everyone continue in the misunderstanding though, which Murray could quite simply rectify. It suits his purposes after all, he's not the one telling lies and the anti-Varney agenda is served.
  • Stig said:

razil said:

Airman, can I just check that I understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that the ex-directors are looking after the interests of the club by blocking any deal that would give Duchatelet any level of control over the club or income from the club post-sale?
    Simply they have had no approach or contact from the Aussies or re the Aussies as of yesterday.
    I heard the same, my question is why have they not called a Creditors meeting, isn't there a requirement in their Loan Documentation to inform Lenders of a potential change of ownership.
    Maybe their Lawyers are watching to see what happens.
    Either way you would assume as a group of seven substantially wealthy individuals ,that Roland's actions are being monitored.
  • Katrien and Varney had a rather public spat as well at one point didn't they? Don't think everything RD has heard about Varney has come from Murray to be fair i'm sure she has stuck her nose in as well.
  • Pedro45 said:

Addickted said:

Soon. Very soon.

One could say imminent. :wink:

Down to EFL is still my understanding (though @Airman Brown has sources that say different for sure).

The flag will be the announcement of the Sunderland takeover which is also with the EFL.

Not saying it is with regard Charlton, but a recent/current change of ownership had issues over the terminology 'conviction'. I assume it can mean slightly different things outside the UK.

Oh no!!!! Andrew Muir's great great great great grandfather was a convict! EFL block the deal as he's not a fit and proper person!
    Actually you could very well be correct :smile:

http://transpont.blogspot.co.uk/2009/01/scottish-martyrs-memorial.html
  • Scoham said:

Who is the bloke in between Murphy and Elliot? is he of any significance?
  • Pedro45 said:

And your point is ... ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stig said:

razil said:

Airman, can I just check that I understand you correctly. Are you suggesting that the ex-directors are looking after the interests of the club by blocking any deal that would give Duchatelet any level of control over the club or income from the club post-sale?
    Simply they have had no approach or contact from the Aussies or re the Aussies as of yesterday.
    I heard the same, my question is why have they not called a Creditors meeting, isn't there a requirement in their Loan Documentation to inform Lenders of a potential change of ownership.
    Either way you would assume as a group of seven substantially wealthy individuals ,that Roland's actions are being monitored.
    I understood that they don't need to contact the ex Directors for a sale to be concluded.

• edited May 2018
    So as I originally suggested, Bob is now Tweeting again questioning the current prospective buyers and whether they aren’t up to much as they cannot buy the ‘whole club’.
  • Stig said:

razil said:

I understood that they don't need to contact the ex Directors for a sale to be concluded.

From what I remember reading on here before - I think that's only true if they are being paid off. They need 7 agreements to roll over. Might be wrong.
  • edited May 2018
    cafc-west said:

Stig said:

razil said:

From what I remember reading on here before - I think that's only true if they are being paid off. They need 7 agreements to roll over. Might be wrong.
    No agreement needed to roll over. I used to think that but it was clarified last year.
  • razil said:
    Certainly insinuating that Roland is keeping something if a sale goes through with Aussies.
  • Reading between the lines it would also appear he is ‘blocking’ a deal which involves leases etc
  • Stig said:

razil said:

They are not “a group” of seven though, as you know. At least three of them wouldn’t put Murray out if he was on fire.
    I know but stating 7 wealthy businessmen,you would think 3 or 1 or 4 or whatever number individually would have their Lawyers on the case.
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!