Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Club cricket thread

Comments

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    See a player scored his 10,000th run for Dartford CC this weekend 
    Glenn Cook?
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Glenn Cook?
    You're thinking of the right person but it's Garry Cook
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Glenn Cook?
    I did a similar thing on Saturday - kept calling the Umpire Trevor when his name is Terry. He eventually corrected me by saying that Trevor is his brother. Not that I've met either of them before so quite how I turned Terry into Trevor I really do not know!
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:
    MrOneLung said:
    Glenn Cook?
    I did a similar thing on Saturday - kept calling the Umpire Trevor when his name is Terry. He eventually corrected me by saying that Trevor is his brother. Not that I've met either of them before so quite how I turned Terry into Trevor I really do not know!
    As long as you dt put the wrong brother on report..and yes it has happened 
  • Options
    Sidcup 1s struggles go on with a 41 run defeat to The Mote on Saturday. Despite the valiant efforts of the skipper with an unbeaten 100, the rest of the batting line up could only cobble together 65. We are a 175 side at the moment and 250 is the sort of total we need to give ourselves a chance. Massive bottom of the table clash with HSBC this week so nothing less than a win will do.

Seb was second highest score of the day with 23 but, somewhat bizarrely, it came off 49 balls and included two maximums. I say "bizarrely" because he hadn't hit a 6 in two years. And then yesterday he hit another for Kent. What's that about buses?

• Options
    Sidcup 1s struggles go on with a 41 run defeat to The Mote on Saturday. Despite the valiant efforts of the skipper with an unbeaten 100, the rest of the batting line up could only cobble together 65. We are a 175 side at the moment and 250 is the sort of total we need to give ourselves a chance. Massive bottom of the table clash with HSBC this week so nothing less than a win will do.

Seb was second highest score of the day with 23 but, somewhat bizarrely, it came off 49 balls and included two maximums. I say "bizarrely" because he hadn't hit a 6 in two years. And then yesterday he hit another for Kent. What's that about buses?

Was that for the Academy at Bickley Park? 
  • Options

HSBC are pretty rubbish this year I've heard...great captain though!
  • Options
    edited June 2021

Yes - it's actually called the Kent Select X1 because the Academy only has 4 boys and unlike previous weeks when we have had the likes of Harry Finch, Sam Smith, Isaac Dilkes, Joe Gordon and Jarred Lysaught playing, it included a number of younger players (four or five 15 and 16 year olds) because the Kent 2s were playing at the Oval and there were players playing for their Clubs in National comps.

We lost the first game but won the second against a weaker Bickley side. Seb kept and came in at 7 scoring 36 off 23 in the former and was 5 in the latter match claiming a cheeky 24 not out off 22.
  • Options
    Is that the T20 comp that is causing a fuss amongst the prem clubs as the kent side varies from week to week and there are Prem league points up fo grabs if you win ? 

• Options
    Pedro45 said:

HSBC are pretty rubbish this year I've heard...great captain though!
    Think they lost by around 300 a few weeks ago to Canterbury - that can’t be too much fun to play in if you were on the HSBC side !! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Is that the T20 comp that is causing a fuss amongst the prem clubs as the kent side varies from week to week and there are Prem league points up fo grabs if you win ? 

It is indeed - 4 points available for those clubs based on the result of the first match which then gets added to their Kent Premier League total. Kent conceded the first game of the season to Beckenham so hope that this does not become material, for example, if they should be in a relegation battle with a side that were later beaten by Kent
  • Options
    Bromley Graham said: i understand we had a mixture of 1st and 2nds playing but, if you played in the first game you could not play in the second game,hence a weaker BPCCside.

Yes - it's actually called the Kent Select X1 because the Academy only has 4 boys and unlike previous weeks when we have had the likes of Harry Finch, Sam Smith, Isaac Dilkes, Joe Gordon and Jarred Lysaught playing, it included a number of younger players (four or five 15 and 16 year olds) because the Kent 2s were playing at the Oval and there were players playing for their Clubs in National comps.

We lost the first game but won the second against a weaker Bickley side. Seb kept and came in at 7 scoring 36 off 23 in the former and was 5 in the latter match claiming a cheeky 24 not out off 22.

• Options
    Where's Leuth , did he bowl against the beast 
  • Options
    Bromley Graham said: i understand we had a mixture of 1st and 2nds playing but, if you played in the first game you could not play in the second game,hence a weaker BPCCside.

BPCC definitely had a weaker side for the non League game but the likes of Safwan Imitiaz, Jotty Singh and Alex Darroch batted in both and Max Luckett, Ranjit Singh, Phil Browning and James Monaghan bowled in both games too. So probably still a decent enough side albeit missing four or five key first team players. As I said, the Kent side was exceptionally young and even without the experienced players that played in previous weeks there were at least another six or seven 17 and 18 year olds who would have played but for the other cricketing commitments mentioned above.
  • Options
    Where's Leuth , did he bowl against the beast 
    See above. "The beast" injured himself hitting a maximum and retired hurt for 13, the Kent U18 (who is a big lad for 17) smashed 40 and Joe Denly's brother, Sam, helped himself to a ton. I do not believe the rumour that "The Beast" deliberately retired before Leuth came on to bowl though.
  • Options
    Aaaaaah 
    so Leuth scared him 
    I need to know his return on the match !
  • Options
    Aaaaaah 
    so Leuth scared him 
    3-0-26-0 I believe out of 296. Not the worst of the bowlers by any stretch given that one bowler went for 16 in his only over and another succeeded in reaching a ton of his 10 overs for runs conceded.

It is a very small ground in parts so much so that two years ago Sidcup 1s scored 401 in a League game there
  • Options
    Aaaaaah 
    so Leuth scared him 
    3-0-26-0 I believe out of 296. Not the worst of the bowlers by any stretch given that one bowler went for 16 in his only over and another succeeded in reaching a ton of his 10 overs for runs conceded.

It is a very small ground in parts so much so that two years ago Sidcup 1s scored 401 in a League game there
    Yeah. Butler bowls long hops and full tosses way too often (but is so clearly a 1s standard fielder, and if he took his bowling more seriously he'd be great - indeed, his only Michelle was in the 1s!). Wilkins had conceded about 45 off his first 7 overs I believe, then got carted in his second spell, with one over being taken for 24 or something.

We had a pretty weak team on Saturday - various travel issues meant some players simply could not get to Whitstable, for instance. But we have Orpington next up and you'd think we would have a better lineup, hopefully, for that one (but we're again struggling for players in the 1s).
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    PaddyP17 said:
    Aaaaaah 
    so Leuth scared him 

Yeah. Butler bowls long hops and full tosses way too often (but is so clearly a 1s standard fielder, and if he took his bowling more seriously he'd be great - indeed, his only Michelle was in the 1s!). Wilkins had conceded about 45 off his first 7 overs I believe, then got carted in his second spell, with one over being taken for 24 or something.

We had a pretty weak team on Saturday - various travel issues meant some players simply could not get to Whitstable, for instance. But we have Orpington next up and you'd think we would have a better lineup, hopefully, for that one (but we're again struggling for players in the 1s).
    Travel can be a real issue for some teams and the one that probably has it hardest is Sandwich. They are, effectively, the only team on the coast in the KPL with their closest rivals are an hour away with the furthest anything up to an hour and a half trip. The Saturday before last they were at Beckenham, had to leave at 9.30am and weren't home 'til 9.45pm. And as fate had it, the following day they had a Cup match - away to Bexley!
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    Leuth said:
    At this stage I really fancy a bowl at the Goulds. Let's arrange a friendly.
    May be bowling at him in the league this Sat. Be careful what you wish for 
    Of all the grounds to be bowling to Gould at too - it's a chip for a maximum! He isn't the only one that can hit it in the Whitstable attack either as they have a current Kent U18 lad who gives it a right thump.

Just remember Leuth - it only takes one ball
    Gould injured himself hitting our opening bowler for six in the first over. U18 kid smashed 40 and holed out. But you didn't warn us about Joe Denly's sodding brother ffs

Minster are playing Whitstable tonight in the KCL T20 comp. Minster set 237 and Whitstable in reply are 148-4 off 14. The lad mentioned above has just got out for 101 of them off 52 balls! 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sidcup 1s game off already. Not a great result as they desperately needed to beat HSBC
  • Options
    Not had a drop of rain this side of the river. 
  • Options
    I see Minster were beaten by The Mote on Saturday 
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Indeed - they didn't just lose they were thrashed by 104 runs.

Sean Ervine tore his calf muscle bowling and couldn't bat as a result. As if that wasn't bad enough, rumour has it that the "money man" went ballistic after the game. Just a rumour as I say. Based on a rumour that is rumoured to have emanated from someone in the opposition dressing room. Must be a rumour because I can't believe that someone bank rolling at team would get upset with a bunch of mercenaries being "rolled" for 78.

Minster are now 3rd. Their overseas has yet to return and Ervine is rumoured to be out for 4-6 weeks. The "money man" is rumoured to be singing a worried song too. Because that is what a worried man does. As rumours would have it.

• Options

Sean Ervine tore his calf muscle bowling and couldn't bat as a result. As if that wasn't bad enough, rumour has it that the "money man" went ballistic after the game. Just a rumour as I say. Based on a rumour that is rumoured to have emanated from someone in the opposition dressing room. Must be a rumour because I can't believe that someone bank rolling at team would get upset with a bunch of mercenaries being "rolled" for 78.

Minster are now 3rd. Their overseas has yet to return and Ervine is rumoured to be out for 4-6 weeks. The "money man" is rumoured to be singing a worried song too. Because that is what a worried man does. As rumours would have it.

To be fair I think this shd be on the rumours thread 
  • Options
    Don't know if anyone saw what happened in the Broadstairs v Ashford game on Saturday but there was one rather spectacular performance. 
    Broadstairs were 123 all out and in reply Ashford collapsed from 21-0 to 44 all out. In fact, their last 7 wickets went for 4 runs with Chris Kidd returning figures of 6.3-5-2-7 and one of his two runs conceded was a wide!

Some 30 plus years ago Kidd once captained Kent U11 vs Lancs U11 where his opposite number was someone called Andrew Flintoff. Kidd almost made it as a pro and whilst I don't know what happened to Flintoff  I very much doubt that he ever hit the heights in the game of taking 7-2 in the KCL Division 2.
    Chris Kidd took another 5 fer yesterday. He is now the top wicket taker in the whole of the Kent League with remarkable figures of:

47.3-11-121-22

That means he has an economy rate of 2.55, strike rate of 12.95 and average per wicket of 5.50. It's not as if he's playing village cricket either - we are talking about the 3rd tier of the entire Kent League

• Options

In the words of Battery Sergeant Major Williams, 'Oh dear, how sad, never mind'
  • Options
    edited June 2021
    Yesterday in Division 4 of the Huntingdonshire County Cricket League, Falcon XI CC 2nd XI's made 260 off 40 overs. In reply, Buckden CC 2nd XI were 2 all out off 8.3 overs. To be fair the latter named side, they did only have 9 players but, notwithstanding that fact, not one of them could muster a single run!

https://falconxi.play-cricket.com/website/results/4572794 

The Falcon XI bowler that conceded the wide and the keeper that let the bye through have both been severely reprimanded by the Club.
  • Options
    And Buckden got 3 points!!!!
  • Options
    And Buckden got 3 points!!!!
    There was some method in their madness to field first then. Don't expect they would get too many points defending 2!!!!