Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited May 2017

Proper little mercenary isnt he... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/tennis/40083299

Harsh. He wants to play the Olympics and he can't do that if he cannot play in the Davis cup team of the country he represents.
  • Options

Harsh. He wants to play the Olympics and he can't do that if he cannot play in the Davis cup team of the country he represents.
    Why switch to GB in the first place then... Why not do your research beforehand and then make a decision when you've got all the facts and information.
  • Options
    I like it when the top seeds go out early, gives me a chance to watch some different players rather than the same ones all the time.
    Novak and Rafa looking the ones to beat so far for me.
  • Options

Why switch to GB in the first place then... Why not do your research beforehand and then make a decision when you've got all the facts and information.
    I don't have much regard for Bedene's attitude but from his perspective when the decision to 'become British' was made Murray was the only cab on the rank. All of a sudden Edmund and Evans have emerged and overtaken him so he is back to square one.
  • Options
    edited June 2017

I'm not impressed by all this changing of nationality for career reasons either - particularly when it is as badly planned as this one - just not sure that his motives are mercenary, compared to, say, Harry Redknapp.
  • Options
    Murray a break down in the first set.

4-3 Klizan and Klizan to serve
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    IGNORE TALKING BOLLOCKS!

Only this post I hasten to add :wink:
  • Options
    Murray loses the first set 7-3 in the tie break
  • Options
    Murray wins the second set 1-1
  • Options
    Murray looking extremely comfortable now, a break up already in third set
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Del Potro next won't be easy for Murray
  • Options
    Yeah 2-1 up now. The way he is playing though I still think he will lose next up v Del Potro.
  • Options

Yeah 2-1 up now. The way he is playing though I still think he will lose next up v Del Potro.

What's DP's record on clay like? I know that on on his day he can beat anyone on hard courts but it don't remember him pulling up any trees on the red stuff.
  • Options
    Murray 3-0 down in the 4th!

Talk of Del Petro premature!
  • Options
    5-2 down now
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Murray has three four match points in fourth set tie break.
  • Options
    Murray wins with a top shot.

6-7 6-2 6-2 7-6 win.
  • Options
    Brilliant turn around from Murray to win the fourth set there.
  • Options
    Edmund about to make it through against Olivo as well. He leads 7-5 6-3 5-1.
  • Options
    Kyle Edmund 2 sets up and 5-1 up....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tomas Berdych is out in Murray's section of the draw. Was his likely opponent in 4th round...

It's Del Potro in the third round and Isner or Khachanov in the round following that.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Edmund wins in straight sets! Kevin Anderson or Nick Kyrgios in third round for him. Anderson is 2 sets to 1 up.
  • Options
    Kyle Edmund won the third set and the match 6-1
  • Options
    When can Edmund face Murray, is that a semi final tie at the earliest does anyone know?
  • Options

When can Edmund face Murray, is that a semi final tie at the earliest does anyone know?

Yep.
  • Options
    Anyone else find John Inverdale irritating
  • Options
    Talal said:

Anyone else find John Inverdale irritating

Yep
  • Options

Del Potro next won't be easy for Murray

Nah. He doesn't do easy since becoming number 1 for some reason...