Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2017

Comments

• Options
    Broken again means Stan will serve (5-0) for the match

This has been painful to watch this last set
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Murray wins 7 on the bounce to win the set and the match! Unbeliev......Oh no. My mistake. Sorry.
  • Options
    Gutted
  • Options
    Stan's a machine on clay. Can he win it?
  • Options
    You can't switch off for 2 sets against the top players and expect anything but defeat.

That said great match and at least Murray has played himself in to form ready for the grass.
  • Options
    Disappointing, but with the health/injury issues Murray has had this year, I never expected him to win today
  • Options
    Now lost two five setters after being 2-1 up in last three majors. Used to always fancy him in that situation usually.

I feel he went for it too much on Stan's second serve. He needed to rally him more on numerous break points.

On to Wimbledon but a great opportunity missed.
  • Options

Stan's a machine on clay. Can he win it?

He can but I'm hoping for Rafa now...
  • Options
    Thiem causing some early problems for Rafa.
  • Options
    First set to Nadal, 6-3.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Thiem is gonna be some player. Future Grand Slam winner no doubt.

His forehands are making Nadal look like spongefoot's cousin, spongeracket.
  • Options

Murray wins 7 on the bounce to win the set and the match! Unbeliev......Oh no. My mistake. Sorry.

What ? He lost, how can you make that up ?
  • Options

What ? He lost, how can you make that up ?
    I'm laughing through the tears...
  • Options
    Nadal lost only 29 games on his way to the final. To put that in perspective, Wawrinka lost 24 games in his semi final alone.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Very enjoyable women's final. One set all, 3 games all. Ostapenko never appeared in a WTA final before let alone a major.

Edit, got that wrong she has won a WTA final.
  • Options
    Ostapenko wins it.
  • Options
    Early break point for Wawrinka but Nadal back to deuce...
  • Options
    Break point for Nadal now
  • Options
    Wawrinka struggling to win this service game, must be on the third or fourth break point...
  • Options
    Holds in the end. Important for Stan. 2-2 in the first set.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Nadal breaks next time around. 4-2 to Rafa
  • Options
    And breaks again. 6-2 first set.

Nadal playing ridiculous tennis.
  • Options
    Stan broken to love already. 2-0 in the second set...

Wawrinka's lost three service games in a row. The one before that he had to save four or five break points.
  • Options
    Nadal is different class, honestly didn't think he would reach this level again after all the injury's​ the last few years.
  • Options
    WTF was that shot. WOW.
  • Options
    Changing the subject but returning to a previous theme - I have played 3 matches against different tennis clubs this week and players from all 3 clubs have put forward the theory that the dip in last 12 months of Djokovic form is due to tighter drug testing.

• Options
    Incidentally if that was ever proven would Murray be awarded the slams for all those final loses to Djokovic? Happens in the Olympics.
  • Options
    Nadal wins 6-2 6-3 6-1.

Didn't drop a set the whole tournament.
  • Options

Changing the subject but returning to a previous theme - I have played 3 matches against different tennis clubs this week and players from all 3 clubs have put forward the theory that the dip in last 12 months of Djokovic form is due to tighter drug testing.

Interesting theory and contradicts the slurs and allegations levelled previously at another legend of the game still playing.
  • Options
    Surely he would have been caught by now, don't they test all grand slam winner's?

If it does come out he has tested positive for me it would be a bigger scandal than Armstrong.

Pleased for Rafa, the best we will ever see on clay.