Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Jesus - didn't see that coming! Looking forward to Murray Nishikori...
  • Options
    The way Novak is playing, you wonder how long he's going to continue. The desire has gone
  • Options
    He needs to come out...........or so I've heard.
  • Options
    Murray broken in his second service game... is 3-1 down in the first set.
  • Options
    Nishikori has broken Murray's serve for a second time (5-2) and will now serve for the first set...

Murray needs to wake up a bit
  • Options
    Never makes things easy for himself.
    Expect five topsy turvy sets
  • Options

Never makes things easy for himself.
    Expect five topsy turvy sets

I thought Murray would win in four / five sets... To be honest I've not been worried by his lack of form this year. He never does well until Queens usually and then seems to get into form as the Grass Court season begins
  • Options
    Murray now breaks twice in the second set to lead 5-1 and will now serve for the set
  • Options

Murray now breaks twice in the second set to lead 5-1 and will now serve for the set

A time violation pissed him off and stirred him up!
  • Options
    Wawrinka on the brink of another three sets win. Hasn't dropped a set throughout.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray 6-0 up in third set tie break.
  • Options
    He wins it 7-0.

2-6 6-1 7-6
  • Options
    Third set to Murray
  • Options

Wawrinka on the brink of another three sets win. Hasn't dropped a set throughout.

Tough to see either Murray or Nishikori beating Stan the way they are playing in this match.
  • Options
    Stan vs Rafa final i think.
  • Options
    Murray 4-1 up in the 4th
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Murray 6-1 in the 4th

Stan in the semi.

Winner plays Nadal or Thiem in the final which will be tough!
  • Options
    Murray's through!
  • Options
    Stan v Murray
    Thiem v Rafa

Think it'll be Stan v Rafa in the final too.

But Thiem beat Rafa on clay recently, and I'd give it 60/40 that Stan wins as well. Should be two brilliant semi finals.
  • Options
    Well considering Murray has been bang average all season, you'd have to say that making the a grand slam semi final on his least favoured surface is not a bad showing, regardless of what happens vs Stan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Day off Friday, looking forward to the 2 matches.

Credit to Murray for getting to the last 4, didn't think he had it in him with his form coming in to the tournament and he has now reached 23 slam semi finals, without doubt one of British sports greatest.
  • Options
    Murray beat Wawrinka in last years French open semi final
  • Options

Well considering Murray has been bang average all season, you'd have to say that making the a grand slam semi final on his least favoured surface is not a bad showing, regardless of what happens vs Stan.

The run to the semifinal will help him in the grass court season, whatever happens now, as he was desperately short of "match hardness" before Paris
  • Options
    edited June 2017

The way Novak is playing, you wonder how long he's going to continue. The desire has gone

The cynic in me suggests he's dropped a level just as they were really cracking down on doping and banning extra performance enhancers (Sharapova ban etc).
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Lee Novak joined Charlton on the 1st July 2016, and has been pretty hopeless for us since then.

Novak Djokovic then loses at Wimbledon on the 2nd July 2016, and has been hopeless every since

Clearly both Novaks have been simultaneously Charltonised.
  • Options

Lee Novak joined Charlton on the 1st July 2006, and has been pretty hopeless for us since then.

Novak Djokovic then loses at Wimbledon on the 2nd July 2006, and has been hopeless every since

To be fair it took them 11 years
  • Options

Lee Novak joined Charlton on the 1st July 2006, and has been pretty hopeless for us since then.

Novak Djokovic then loses at Wimbledon on the 2nd July 2006, and has been hopeless every since

Can't wait until the next world cup. Beckham, Gerrard and Owen are going to rip it up.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

To be fair it took them 11 years
    Edited, though to be fair, Lee Novak runs as if he's 10 years older than he actually is...
  • Options
    Amazing and typically Murray-esque game.
    Lose the first set? Tick.
    Get broken serving for the set? Tick.
    Get incredibly angry and then start playing like a demon? Tick.

I honestly don't know where all his wins come from, because he always looks as though he is 1 point away from disaster.

Him and Nadal could be epic, or it could be embarassing.

As regards Stan, I just don't know.