Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2017

1234568»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017

Changing the subject but returning to a previous theme - I have played 3 matches against different tennis clubs this week and players from all 3 clubs have put forward the theory that the dip in last 12 months of Djokovic form is due to tighter drug testing.

So did I about 2 pages back.

Certainly a big coincidence if it's not related.
  • Options

Changing the subject but returning to a previous theme - I have played 3 matches against different tennis clubs this week and players from all 3 clubs have put forward the theory that the dip in last 12 months of Djokovic form is due to tighter drug testing.

Wasn't his doctor the dodgy one from Spain who did a lot of blood replacement/recycle therapy??
  • Options
    scruffle said:

Wasn't his doctor the dodgy one from Spain who did a lot of blood replacement/recycle therapy??
    I think he was given blood replacement from Tim Henman.
  • Options

I suppose that it's possible that the drug/supplement he may have previously taken is only now illegal, so he wasn't doing anything "wrong" then?
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Hmmm. Did you ask them how they could possibly know? People were saying the same thing about Nadal a couple of years ago. Tennis club members... Gossipy types ;-) in my experience...

My own feeling is that he achieved his goal and the motivation became more complex...and that leads to dropped points which leads to lost games. Interesting that Murray suffered a drop in big tournament form as soon as he became world #1.
  • Options
    Nadal as good as he ever was. Wonderful. I thought he was finished.
  • Options
    Incredible from Nadal, from 2-2 in the first set, he dropped only 4 more games and has now won the French open 3 times without even dropping a set!

The greatest clay court player ever.

If it wasn't for his injuries the past couple of years he might already be ahead of Federer in total grand slam wins.
  • Options

Hasn't his form dip coincided with the Sharapova ban?