Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2017

Comments

• Options
    Looks like Nadal's to loose, though could be surprised by Wawrinka, who has also not dropped a set.. Murray has been improving throughout the tournament but has played some much longer sets. It catches up. Look at Nishikori against Murray, Nishikori completely ran out of steam. Not surprising after the 5 setters he has played in earlier rounds.
  • Options
    He had actually played 20 minutes less on court than Murray. Think he will play well tomorrow and beat Stan.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    As ever it depends which Andy turns up. He could slog it out for a 4 or 5 set win or he could lose in 3. I don't think he will win in 3. He makes a speciality out of playing long, defensive, attritional tennis and that will less comfortable for Wawrinka who is not as patient and likes to play winners and get the points over - which he has been able to do with the much less able players he has met so far in the tournament - but Murray is a different story. He could simply wear him down. However if he lets Wawrinka dictate the play from the opening games it could be a very different story. He seems almost comfortable with losing the first set or at least going down a break. He will know that he cannot afford to do that with the world #3.
  • Options

As ever it depends which Andy turns up. He could slog it out for a 4 or 5 set win or he could lose in 3. I don't think he will win in 3. He makes a speciality out of playing long, defensive, attritional tennis and that will less comfortable for Wawrinka who is not as patient and likes to play winners and get the points over - which he has been able to do with the much less able players he has met so far in the tournament - but Murray is a different story. He could simply wear him down. However if he lets Wawrinka dictate the play from the opening games it could be a very different story. He seems almost comfortable with losing the first set or at least going down a break. He will know that he cannot afford to do that with the world #3.

Excellent analysis mate. Spot on.
  • Options
    Both players are so mercurial that predictions are pointless. Either or both of them could have a world class match equally either or both could have a stinker. For what it's worth I think Stan is the better player (maybe even the best in the world) when it all clicks but Murray pulls it together more consistently.
  • Options

Both players are so mercurial that predictions are pointless. Either or both of them could have a world class match equally either or both could have a stinker. For what it's worth I think Stan is the better player (maybe even the best in the world) when it all clicks but Murray pulls it together more consistently.

Stan has an incredible record at peaking in Grand Slams when you look at his overall record elsewhere. Murray's denied it in his BBC column today, but I'm sure it would hurt if Stan won here and went ahead with 4 Grand Slams!
  • Options
    Murray seems to lose focus for a couple of games every set he plays at the minute, yesterday in the 3rd set, just after breaking him, Nishikori looked well and truly beaten yet Murray played a shocking service game, gifted the break back and Nishikori took the set to the tie break. Yes Murray won the breaker to love i think but it should never have got there in the first place.

Those lapses of concentration Vs Stan or Rafa will probably cost him the set and ultimately the match, but neither Stan or Rafa have been tested yet so we will have to see which Murray turns up.
  • Options
    On serve in 1st set, Stan 3-2 up and playing more aggressively than Murray.
  • Options
    Poor Murray service game gives Stan the break, he now serves for the 1st set.
  • Options
    Murray breaks back, serving @ 4-5 down.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    First set tie break
  • Options
    Murray wins a cracking tie break, first set 70 takes minutes. First dropped set for Stan this tournament, gonna be a long afternoon
  • Options
    Murray broken, now 3-4 down, Stan serving
  • Options
    Second set Stan 6-3,
  • Options
    Oh bollocks it's all gone tits up.
  • Options
    Stan definitely on top, have to go out for couple of hours now so hope it's still going when I get back.
  • Options
    Yeah! Murray breaks back!
  • Options

Yeah! Murray breaks back!

Broken straight back :(
  • Options
    And Murray breaks straight back himself!!
  • Options
    I know this is nothing new but Murray's defense is just phenomenal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Murray breaks to go 6-5 and will serve for the set.

I wonder if his nickname is the fly amongst other players as however hard they try just cant swat him away!!
  • Options
    Murray takes the 3rd set... Didnt see that happening a little while ago
  • Options
    Looked like the game was going away from him, losing 7 games in a row but suddenly out of nowhere he's turned it round
  • Options
    Some really high quality tennis here, when you see some of the endless slugging that you often see nowadays (especially in the women's game)
  • Options
    Stan wins fourth set.
  • Options

Stan wins fourth set.

Awful tie break from Murray there!!
  • Options
    Broken in the very first service game... Murray looks toast at the moment
  • Options
    Stan probably has the best backhand ever
  • Options
    Double break for Stan in the fifth set.
  • Options
    I think thats it for Murray now... Based on his form this year he should be happy with a Semi-Final finish @ the French, should now come back to England to prepare for Queens and Wimbledon!!