Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

French Open 2017

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Nishikori beats Verdasco in four sets.

Just one QF left to decide now...

Wawrinka [3] or Monfils [15] vs. Cilic [7] or Anderson
  • Options

The only top eight seed not to make it through was Raonic.
  • Options
    That shows the consistency of the men's game, 7 of the top 8 through to the quarters and the one who missed out losing in 5 in the round of 16
  • Options
    2 French women playing and the crowd are like at the Valley on a non protest matchday. If this match was being played at Wimbledon the British crowd would be offering more support than this for a couple of 'foreigners'.
  • Options
    Talal said:

2 French women playing and the crowd are like at the Valley on a non protest matchday. If this match was being played at Wimbledon the British crowd would be offering more support than this for a couple of 'foreigners'.

I keep meaning to pop over there, as the courts never seem very full and it must be easy to get tickets.

Watching the Monfils Gasquet match the other day, I was expecting much more atmosphere for 2 local favourites
  • Options
    Talal said:

This was a grudge match and the 2 of them really can't stand each other. One of them tweeted that she couldn't make a game or something and the other one gave her a mocking lol and another player joined in

independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/french-open-2017-fourth-round-caroline-garcia-alize-cornet-a7771426.html

• Options

Talal said:

I keep meaning to pop over there, as the courts never seem very full and it must be easy to get tickets.

Watching the Monfils Gasquet match the other day, I was expecting much more atmosphere for 2 local favourites
    I think the seats are all sold. It is just that the French like very long lunches.
  • Options

Talal said:

Sadly I think that a large number of seats are corporate freebies and so not valued.
  • Options
    I know this is a bit sexist but Mladenovic has the best body I have ever seen on a tennis court.
  • Options

I know this is a bit sexist but Mladenovic has the best body I have ever seen on a tennis court.

A pre op Halep for me :smiley:

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Not sure if we're seeing the same thing re: Mladenovic...

• Options

Face isn't all that though just for balance
  • Options
    Crowd are electric again
  • Options

A pre op Halep for me :smiley:

I see where she stores her tennis balls.
  • Options
    Poor organising tomorrow. Both Nadal and Djokovic's rearranged quarter finals will be played at the same time.
  • Options

Poor organising tomorrow. Both Nadal and Djokovic's rearranged quarter finals will be played at the same time.

They were scheduled to clash today too.

What else could they do? All 4 quarters have to be played tomorrow plus the 2 remaining womens quarters. Besides tomorrow is another walk over for Nadal.
  • Options
    Nadal though after Busta retires injured

Thiem takes the first set on a tie-break against Djokovic
  • Options
    Djokovic struggling, Thiem won first set 7-6 and leads 2nd set 2-0

Nadal through after Pablo Carreno Busta retired whilst losing 6-2 2-0
  • Options
    Thiem has never beaten Djokovic. But he has beaten Nadal twice, both on clay. Wouldn't bet against him.
  • Options
    Hoping for a Murray v Thiem final.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thiem doing brilliantly.
  • Options
    Wow - double break for Thiem in the third.
  • Options
    Embarrassing

Novak has tanked
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Very unusual for him. Even if he's 6-0 6-0 5-0 down, he'd usually play as if he's still going to win the match. He's just given up though.
  • Options
    Reckon I could win some points against Novak if he plays like this. Just get it over the net! Sad to see really.
  • Options
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/en/rankings/singles

Novak is likely to down to number 4 after Sunday
  • Options
    Wow Thiem wins 7-6 6-3 6-0
  • Options
    Thiem wins 7-6 6-3 6-0.

Commentator: "third bagel in a grand slam in Novak's career".
  • Options
    Thiem vs Nadal, hmmmmmmmm
  • Options