Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland v England / France v England

14567810»

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Ok - that lets them off then/ England are brilliant. It is just England seem to defend like Charlton to me.
  • Options
    I wonder if Theresa May supports West Ham or Aston Villa.
  • Options
    West Villa I think
  • Options
    Southagte is being humiliated here - hasn't even tried to change tactically with an extra man
  • Options
    Demoralising second half this. France are just in a different gear to us
  • Options
    You can tell this is a Gareth Southgate side. His lack of any real personality is reflected in our football.
  • Options
    A bit disappointing, that.
  • Options
    Sterling alright, Ox and the defense awful, rest average.
  • Options
    Butland showing he's our best keeper only real plus
  • Options

Ok - that lets them off then/ England are brilliant. It is just England seem to defend like Charlton to me.

As I said... Kane, Alli and Sterling still deserve praise for doing well against a very talented team. Let down by not having the likes of Henderson, Carrick etc behind them to steady the midfield. Dier and the Ox were the problem and left Cahill and Stones completely exposed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This has been like watching a brawler against a boxer. The brawler may land some big punches but the boxer's skills will usually prevail.
  • Options

As I said... Kane, Alli and Sterling still deserve praise for doing well against a very talented team. Let down by not having the likes of Henderson, Carrick etc behind them to steady the midfield. Dier and the Ox were the problem and left Cahill and Stones completely exposed.
    Good point re Carrick. Would have him back in the side if he played regularly next season.
  • Options
    A mediocre performance, albeit against a talented side. Shaky at the back but the nub of the problem was in central midfield. Dier is not first choice there for Spurs and Oxade-Chamberlain was playing out of position. Southgate has a real lack of options in that area.

A general lack of intensity and movement and we were very much second best.
  • Options

Why @RickyOtto? Did not see that as a red?

He's denied a goal scoring opportunity and was last man - Accidental or not.
    But thought they did away with that as triple punishment of penalty/ ten men/ suspended next game?
    pretty sure the triple jeopardy rule only applies to 'keepers. and even if I'm wrong about that then it wouldn't apply as the player needs to have made a genuine attempt to play the ball which he clearly didn't
  • Options
    Don't think Kane is true 'captain' material. Although the a fantastic forward. Then again don't think any of them are leaders. Think the captain should be a midfielder who has the vision to see the 'bigger picture'
  • Options
    Actually thought it was a good game for an end of season friendly . France had that extra bit of class with Dembele unplayable at times . Trippier and Butland looked promising .
  • Options
    We are just a West Brom of the Premier League. Bang average. Players are of a far inferior quality to the top sides. Only decent players are Kane and Alli and even they aren't anything particularly special. The media brainwash us into thinking our players are world class.
  • Options
    Didn't even know we had games on ! Really have lost all interest in football since cunt face took over here
  • Options
    shine166 said:

Didn't even know we had games on ! Really have lost all interest in football since cunt face took over here

I have to say, I didn't know the Scotland game was on Saturday until the Sunday morning when I saw the back of a newspaper. Haven't seen anything of the two games at all. Have got zero interest in the England team. Perhaps its an age thing as I can feel myself losing interest in Spurs too. Probably the best side I've seen in my lifetime but am becoming more and more disillusioned with it all. Slightly off tangent I know.
  • Options
    One of the more entertaining friendlies I have been too. We are miles behind the technical ability of France. It was pleasuring watching Pogba, Mbappe and Dembele in the flesh.

Positives; Harry Kane, Sterling and Bertrand is a capable back up to Rose.

365 days until the tournament starts. Need to find the spine of the team still.

Lovely stadium as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    For everything good Sterling does in a game he usually seems to undo it by choosing the wrong option to pass or dribble. Think you only have to look at the clubs a lot of those French players are playing for (i.e. not in France) to see the gap in quality. Who was the last English player to make a real impact at a top European club?
  • Options
    Nice to see the Charlton flag in France, unless already mentioned, was anyone on here responsible?
  • Options
    That was awful, no shots on target after the sending off and comical defending for all three goals. Trippier was the only one to come out with his stock improved, Ox wasn't bad, Stirling was third class at best.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    When we weren't getting through them after the sending off - why didn't Southgate try to change the shape of the team to press France more in their own half? It was only a friendly. If he is going to be too cautious in a friendly, it doesn't bode well for the World Cup! It is deja view with England before every tournament - we know what to expect. But whilst we are not the greatest, most of the other teams are not either! Why can't the FA appoint the right sort of manager FFS!
  • Options

That was awful, no shots on target after the sending off and comical defending for all three goals. Trippier was the only one to come out with his stock improved, Ox wasn't bad, Stirling was third class at best.

Personally thought Ox second half was woeful. Careless and positionally poor. His best position is wing back or right mid.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    We are a million miles away from France, let alone the other big European nations.

We just look so one-paced all of the time, and do everything so slowly - even switching play to the flanks is laboured and sluggish.

There are so many reasons why we lag behind, but for one of the main ones, just take a look at opportunity.

Monaco have just won the French League, and look at how many young players they have brought through - four or five, inclding Mbappe.

Chelsea have just won the PL, and when was the last time they brought a player through - John Terry?

They have so many young English players trying to force their one through (Loftus Cheek, Chabolalbah Tammy Abrahams, Kasey Palmer and Izzy Brown to just name a few), but they have no chance of getting a regular game, so can't develop into a PL player.

How would you feel as a young centre mid, and a player like Cesc Fabregas can't get in the first team? Not exactly motivating to say the least.
  • Options

We are a million miles away from France, let alone the other big European nations.

We just look so one-paced all of the time, and do everything so slowly - even switching play to the flanks is laboured and sluggish.

There are so many reasons why we lag behind, but for one of the main ones, just take a look at opportunity.

Monaco have just won the French League, and look at how many young players they have brought through - four or five, inclding Mbappe.

Chelsea have just won the PL, and when was the last time they brought a player through - John Terry?

They have so many young English players trying to force their one through (Loftus Cheek, Chabolalbah Tammy Abrahams, Kasey Palmer and Izzy Brown to just name a few), but they have no chance of getting a regular game, so can't develop into a PL player.

How would you feel as a young centre mid, and a player like Cesc Fabregas can't get in the first team? Not exactly motivating to say the least.

Yet Solanke was player of the tournament at the World U20 competition and he hasn't played for Chelsea since his ONE sub appearance in the Champions League in October 2014, so the players are there and hopefully Liverpool will give him that opportunity in front of another "International" in Daniel Sturridge.