Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Scotland v England / France v England

Comments

• Options
    Actually prefer the 3 at the back formation but our defenders need to, ya know, defend better. Jones has had a decent half tbf, but if he, smalling and Stones are the standard we have then we will always concede goals against better teams.
  • Options
    So many average joes in the squad. How many would get in the squads of France, Germany and Spain? Not many.
  • Options
    Sadly true. He is too old now but Terry should have played in the Euros last year. Just illustrates the problem rather than solves it though.
  • Options
    Very early to say but from what I've seen even someone like Rob Holding should be getting in ahead of Stones, a much better defender.
    I don't know how long it'll take a manager to realise we are not a team who should be playing out pretty from the back
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Southgate will probably take a bit longer than most - Not his fault he lacks quality in certain areas, but you have to find a way around it.
  • Options
    Ox and Dier don't have the footballing brains to protect a back 3 against superior teams. How many times does Dier get caught too far forward and exposes our defence. I'm not a Henderson fan but he does a much better job than anyone else at it.
  • Options
    I'd like to give Southgate a chance. As a defender himself, he should have a good grasp of the issues. Maybe time to be bold and try a couple of the youngsters?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I thought Joe Hart did little wrong against Scotland. The wall covers one side of the goal & the goalie the other. So as both goals were over the wall and near the corners, I thought fair enough.

Unlike Heaton tonight. The first goal, he should have definitely pushed wide and maybe the second goal as well.

Butland now on for Heaton.
  • Options

I thought Joe Hart did little wrong against Scotland. The wall covers one side of the goal & the goalie the other. So as both goals were over the wall and near the corners, I thought fair enough.

Unlike Heaton tonight. The first goal, he should have definitely pushed wide and maybe the second goal as well.

Butland now on for Heaton.

Butland is the only one who can push Hart imo.
  • Options
    Why red him? That's so so stupid, absolutely no way that was intentional and kills the game
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    And that's why video should be used during games.
  • Options
    Think we will definitely win the World Cup now.
  • Options
    Why @RickyOtto? Did not see that as a red?
  • Options
    Great "Ron Atkinson down the middle" pen.
  • Options

He's denied a goal scoring opportunity and was last man - Accidental or not.
  • Options

But thought they did away with that as triple punishment of penalty/ ten men/ suspended next game?
  • Options

But thought they did away with that as triple punishment of penalty/ ten men/ suspended next game?
    I think they just change the rules as they go along.
  • Options
    How did france not score!
  • Options
    Mbappe's transfer fee just went down about 30 million
  • Options
    Has to score that.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    10 men and we are still being outclassed by the French u21s. I want Hodgson back ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Wonder which training session Cahil learnt that technique?
  • Options
    How you play with an extra man really shows how well coached you are!
  • Options
    How you play against Scotland really shows how well coached you are.
  • Options
    Eric Dier just get in the bin.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Useless prime minister and useless England manager - thank heavens for the Aussies managing our Rugby and Cricket teams!
  • Options
    England have really hammered home their one man advantage
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    France have arguably the most talented team in the world at the minute, and even more so will in a few years. We've been poor at the back but still done well to be at 3-2.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Didn't Sweden beat them last weekend?
  • Options

Didn't Sweden beat them last weekend?

Thanks to a scuffed kick in the last second and like I said on another thread I think they also bottle it in tournaments.